5-star TE Washington updates recruitment, official visit plans

Advertisement
1490169480_scarface-money.gif

Anybody hear anything new with this guy? His top 3 is looking a little different with UF replacing Tennessee. Hopefully UGA dropping 1 helps us out, but I’m WP rried about a resurgent UF though

Anybody hear anything new with this guy? His top 3 is looking a little different with UF replacing Tennessee. Hopefully UGA dropping 1 helps us out, but I’m WP rried about a resurgent UF though

none of us Gator fans believe he's giving us serious consideration to the point where we may have a chance. We all feel he's UGA's to lose

Advertisement
If he had catches and tape to show production that would help to outweigh some poor performance numbers no?

Unfortunately, no. That's not how the NFL works. If you run 4.91 and jump 25 inches, you're going to be a 7th round pick. He'd have to set NCAA records to offset that kind of a workout disaster.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, no. That's not how the NFL works. If you run 4.91 and jump 25 inches, you're going to be a 7th round pick. He'd have to set NCAA records to offset that kind of a workout disaster.
Lol, some people will say whatever they want to fit their own narrative. You're telling me if he was doing what Brevin Jordan is doing as a 5 star TE that he wouldn't have gone higher in the draft?

Combine factors in but if you have good numbers at the position, they may overlook it and say it was bad day for him. However, you couple that with lack of usage, minimal film and you will fall

Lol, some people will say whatever they want to fit their own narrative. You're telling me if he was doing what Brevin Jordan is doing as a 5 star TE that he wouldn't have gone higher in the draft?

My narrative? I'm telling you if Brevin Jordan goes to the combine and runs 4.91 with a horrifying 3-cone and jumps 25 inches, he's going to be picked in the 7th round too. You think because you're good in college that the NFL thinks you're a good football player? LMAO. Size, strength, speed.....that's all that matters.

Advertisement
Combine factors in but if you have good numbers at the position, they may overlook it and say it was bad day for him. However, you couple that with lack of usage, minimal film and you will fall

Combine/workouts are a HUGE part of it. Sure, as I said, if you just set the absolute world on fire in college, it may give you a little leniency on poor workouts. But his athleticism was abysmal. He was a bottom 2% athlete at the combine. And I'm not sure where this idea that he was non-existent at UGA is coming from. Surely you expect more production from a 5-star TE, but in 2.5 years he caught almost 70 passes. He played a lot at UGA. He actually had just as good of numbers as Jordan as a freshman. Again, he wasn't great or featured there. But he wasn't on the back of a milk carton either. Then you go prove you're an atrocious athlete, yeah, that's how you end up on a practice squad.

My narrative? I'm telling you if Brevin Jordan goes to the combine and runs 4.91 with a horrifying 3-cone and jumps 25 inches, he's going to be picked in the 7th round too. You think because you're good in college that the NFL thinks you're a good football player? LMAO. Size, strength, speed.....that's all that matters.

Don't tell that to **** Tabor lol

Which school developped him during those years. He trained at UGA for 3 years and he couldnt do better than those numbers?

But I agree with you! The contrary is true also. Freak athlete with little tapes go in the 1st round every year.

Advertisement
Which school developped him during those years. He trained at UGA for 3 years and he couldnt do better than those numbers?

But I agree with you! The contrary is true also. Freak athlete with little tapes go in the 1st round every year.

The NFL is absolutely filled with egomaniacs who have very little respect for college coaches. It makes absolutely no sense, but yes, you're 100% correct.....these dumbasses draft kids every year who aren't good football players but they go high because they're big, strong, and fast. The NFL execs and coaches think they can teach a kid to play football, they can't teach him to be 6'5 and 240 and run a 4.5....which is true, but sometimes these kids just aren't good football players, and that shows when they play college football. But these dumbasses in the NFL will never learn.

UGA turned him into that? Or his disastrous combine performance did?

These posts always make me laugh.
@OrangeBowlMagic my post Made you laugh huh?

His production at UGA was poor, he could've run a 4.2 40 and he still wouldn't have sniffed day 1 or 2 of the draft.
Screenshot_2019-10-17-15-31-49(1).png

His last year at UGA, also his most productive year, he only caught the ball 30 times dispite being on the field for over 70% of UGA's passing plays. He only caught 8 touchdowns while being at UGA. He was impactful as a blocker though, I'll give him that.

For comparisons sake let's look at our TE, Brevin Jordan.
Screenshot_2019-10-17-15-34-58(1).png

In Jordan's introductory season to CFB he caught more balls in his first season than Nauta did in any of his 3 seasons at UGA. Jordan is well on his way to out pacing all of Nauta's numbers by the end of this season.

Combine numbers are important but they aren't the sole factors in determining a players chance of being an early or mid round pick. Production and potential (projection) do.

@OrangeBowlMagic I hope you go look in the mirror and get laugh from looking at the reflection of a clown. Dudes on CIS are ridiculous. Smh

Lets win out..make sure Brevin is 1st team All ACC by giving him hella targets and opportunities and see what happens..(shrug). We got an OV (I think) coming our way so we got a chance.

5* are not created equal. Nauta was never a 5* talent especially compared to Jordan. Jelani Jenkins was not the caliber of Justin Flowe. Tracy Howard and Patrick Johnson are in a different universe as athletes.

Nauta would not have produced any more on Miami than Georgia. He is who he is - a poor athlete with average skill - and they used him appropriately. Stop treating jocksniffer recruiting rankings as the bible of talent.

Advertisement
Back