5-star S Williams visits UM in back-to-back weeks before dead period, talks Canes

Advertisement
Depends on how much he grows.

2 years of HS is still a lot of time.

I'd be really surprised if he ended HS at the same size.

When he committed to us he was around 6'3" 200.

He may not be done growing.

Have you seen this kid ball hawking in games? Would be really dumb for him to play on the line. He has elite safety traits

I’m pessimistic here. The number of times that a player de commits and then recommits is few and far between. More than likely, we could go undefeated, win the championship in Jan, go undefeated in the regular season in 2020 and the quote in Dec 2020 will still be:

“I was torn, but ultimately I feel that Coach Saban [or Coach Dabo] provides me with the best chance of succeeding in college football. I will be taking my talents to the University of Alabama [or Clemson].”

Hope that doesn’t come true and he becomes a Cane, but realistically it’s not likely.

I’m pessimistic here. The number of times that a player de commits and then recommits is few and far between. More than likely, we could go undefeated, win the championship in Jan, go undefeated in the regular season in 2020 and the quote in Dec 2020 will still be:

“I was torn, but ultimately I feel that Coach Saban [or Coach Dabo] provides me with the best chance of succeeding in college football. I will be taking my talents to the University of Alabama [or Clemson].”

Hope that doesn’t come true and he becomes a Cane, but realistically it’s not likely.
facts even if we win that money is too **** good

Advertisement
facts even if we win that money is too **** good
It would be difficult to turn down the quarter of a million dollars that are reportedly being offered to top end recruits.

Even in that top-end scenario where we go undefeated between Aug 2019 through Dec 2020, we probably end up no better than in the decommitted recruits Top 5.

Hopefully this one is the exception.

It would be difficult to turn down the quarter of a million dollars that are reportedly being offered to top end recruits.

Even in that top-end scenario where we go undefeated between Aug 2019 through Dec 2020, we probably end up no better than in the decommitted recruits Top 5.

Hopefully this one is the exception.
To me to change a recruits mind we have to be on a two year three year run and its still not guaranteed that they turn down that money

we have had a lot more recommitments lately than you usually see. Richards, McCloud, Al blades and probably there are a few more i can’t remember. Then in 2020 class Francois, Washington, Elijah Roberts ,Jon dennis?(I think He commits again to Miami) so that would be 4 from this class alone plus a possibility to get tennisson back in the fold or Avantae Williams.

Obviously not saying he Is coming here though

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think the kid genuinely loves Miami but the bag is too good to say no too, its like there forcing him to go play in the SEC. I think this happens to most kids they love Miami but the life changing money is too much to say no too and one thing u love more than UM is your family.
It ain't life changing money unless you got a cold blooded investment broker on your side with insider trading. My old man won 120k in a lotto. Dropped a 5k bag at each of our houses (4 kids) and said there would be more down the road when he came back from vacation. Problem was that jit went to Cuba for a month to see fam on two sides of the island. Homey came back flat broke and missing a toe. Did all that in less than 6 months. Said that he wouldn't change a anything.
Come to think of it, it changed his life somewhat. Couldn't wear flip flops after that.
May he rest in pieces!

Advertisement
I say we leave the kid alone and let him enjoy his process. And if he picks us cool if not we keep it moving. These kids are under alot of pressure these days.
Agreed.......he just shouldn’t disrespect the program and coaches if he chooses another school like others in the past.

Advertisement
Back