5 Star DT Green Impressed with Miami Visit

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
The University of Miami was able to land an elite california prospect in Brad Kaaya last recruiting cycle; They’re looking to do the same this year except with 5 star defensive tackle Rasheem Green.

Green officially visited the Hurricanes this past weekend and recapped the game.

“I thought they played great; to me they probably should have won that game. They lost by a play or two, but that’s the way football is. They played great to me.”

Green spoke mostly with defensive line coach Jethro Franklin and got a tour of the campus on Sunday.

“The campus was great, I like how the campus has a lot of tress and the town in general and how it looks. I thought the campus was really nice and a good school. I would say there wasn’t anything I didn’t like.”

The 6’5 275 pound defensive tackle got a chance to speak with two California natives in Brad Kaaya and current Miami commit Bar Milo.

“I got a chance to speak with Bar (Milo) and Brad (Kaaya), they’re both cool guys. I’ve had a chance to play against them both. They’re both great players and they weren’t really in my face about and we’re really cool about it. Brad was telling me some cool things about handling the transition.”

Many feel as if the move from California to Miami will be too much for Green, but he certainly feels like he can see himself playing there.

“Distance might be a factor because my parents want to see me play, but it’s not the most important thing. I can see myself there, it’s a great school and they play great football.”

Green admits that prior to his visit, he wasn’t to sure what his thoughts were on Miami, but after visiting Coral Gables, Miami is squarely in it.

“I knew it was going to be nice, It really surprised me. My parents really enjoyed it too and they have a lot to offer there and it’s a great school.”

Green will be having surgery on his knee this week, so visits will be put on hold until January most likely.

Signing Day is when Green plans to make his decision.

Advertisement
thanks for writeup, but it feels like the 100th one of these we've read where we all know he isn't coming

Good write Tito. It sounds like in the end Green will stay on the west coast so his parents can see him play.

Go Canes

1.jpg

Advertisement
Funny that I/we have come to believe that no 4*+ DT is coming here. He said that his parents want to be able to see him play and there is no school farther away. I remember the day when we had wily professional coaches that put DE at tackle and big LB's at DE. Now Chad Thomas is just as big as this dude so the key maybe to recruit big DE's and move them to tackle. Point being it's the staff's responsibility to figure out how to overcome their inability to recruit DT's. If you can't be a complete recruiter then get a coach and staff than can!

Funny that I/we have come to believe that no 4*+ DT is coming here. He said that his parents want to be able to see him play and there is no school farther away. I remember the day when we had wily professional coaches that put DE at tackle and big LB's at DE. Now Chad Thomas is just as big as this dude so the key maybe to recruit big DE's and move them to tackle. Point being it's the staff's responsibility to figure out how to overcome their inability to recruit DT's. If you can't be a complete recruiter then get a coach and staff than can!
That would work if we ran a 4-3.....

Chad Thomas is currently 252 according to manny navarro so that wouldn't be wise

Advertisement
Yeah they are putting themselves in a bind by continuing to run this 3-4. We just can't find great nose tackle every cycle and even then they take forever to get strong enough to hold the point of attack.

So let me get this straight:

He's a FIVE STAR

Defensive Tackle

From Serra High School

In California

2515463-1592651746-lmao..gif

NEXT!

Now if this were a 2 star DT from some private Catholic school in Arkansas? With offers from Buffalo, Akron, Citadel......You might be on to something.

The kid could start from day one and he knows that we are putting something special together. Hopefully he will take us into consideration.

Advertisement
I'm sure Mama Kaaya will spare some of the frequent flyer miles she's racking up for this kid's parents to watch him play.

Along that line, funny how traveling expenses for parents is never brought up by the "pay the kids now!" crowd. Seems like reimbursing a parent for a domestic flight and a room at the El Palacio would be a less objectionable request than giving the kids straight cash while they're still in school.

I'm sure Mama Kaaya will spare some of the frequent flyer miles she's racking up for this kid's parents to watch him play.

Along that line, funny how traveling expenses for parents is never brought up by the "pay the kids now!" crowd. Seems like reimbursing a parent for a domestic flight and a room at the El Palacio would be a less objectionable request than giving the kids straight cash while they're still in school.

This is one of the more obvious exceptions that should be made to the compensation prohibition. Easy to track and control.

Advertisement
So let me get this straight:

He's a FIVE STAR

Defensive Tackle

From Serra High School

In California

2515463-1592651746-lmao..gif

NEXT!

Now if this were a 2 star DT from some private Catholic school in Arkansas? With offers from Buffalo, Akron, Citadel......You might be on to something.

That actually sounds a little bit like Cortez Kennedy. Tez came out of Arkansas. He was a juco, but I didn't remember him from any recruiting newsletters two years before. I think he might have been a complete unknown his senior year in HS. (He didn't come from a Catholic school, I'm pretty sure, and I don't know what offers, if any, he had his senior year in HS).

Advertisement
Back