5 Star Challenge

frankthetank14

Redshirt Freshman
Was able to go to the end of the 5 Star challenge here in Atl and have some notes on the below players.

- Lloyd Summerall one word long. Guy as arms down to his knees and looks like a more built Rousseau as a high schooler. Nice guy, didn’t play at the event. I asked him about his schools (was wearing a UGA backpack) and he says he’s feeling FSU and Miami. Loves the coaches at UM and wants to go back. Not sure why there are UF crystal balls for him he says.

- Tyrique Stevenson maybe I caught him while he was focused on 7 on 7 but the kid is HUGE. I asked him his measureables and he said 6’2 205. Played receiver and had a great touchdown where he caught it in the middle of the field and weaved away from defenders for 7. I asked him about his bama trip and he ran away. (I tend to gauge other teams b4 asking about Miami.

Khris Bogle not as long as summerall but won the dline MVP. I asked him about the viral Alabama pic from Solomon’s mom and he said that they are in it with Tenn and Miami. When asked about Miami he lit up and said that’s the crib.

Te’coury Couch looks tiny, like very. Was wearing Miami gloves which was cool to see.

Anthony Solomon- couldn’t talk to him but he also looks small compared to the other LBs I recognized (Wingo, Hopper)

MAR- saw him pass by me at the very end. Shook his hand and said go canes and he said thanks you man you already know.

Cool thing I saw at the end was the SoFlo high ranking guys were all together talking during the awards ceremony. Those being sango, dent and Stevenson. Sango was wearing a Stanford backpack

Advertisement
Thanks for the info man!

Gus gonna get Te’cory and Anthony right in the weight room. Just need them to keep the speed and technique.

Bogle and Rique are interesting cases man. Really hope we land em.

You get a chance to see JJ Weaver?

Tbh I didn’t really do my hw. I didn’t know what weaver looked like so I didn’t have a chance to talk to him. The players I recognized were those I posted above and the following.

- Sam Howell
- Harrison Bailey
- Trey Sanders
- John Dumore
- Derek Wingo
- Kardell Thomas (effing massive)
- Dontae Lucas
- Bo Nix (he’s the goods)

Advertisement
IMO we need to go at WORST 2/4 on the elite guys we are targeting

1) Evan Neal
2) Tyrique
3) MAR
4) Bogle

Really, I would only be truly happy with 3/4 (any combo of those needs to include Neal) but i only realistically expect 2/4 given our recent track record with closing on elite guys that don't commit early.

Thoughts?

Advertisement

1) Evan Neal
2) Tyrique
3) MAR
4) Bogle

Really, I would only be truly happy with 3/4 (any combo of those needs to include Neal) but i only realistically expect 2/4 given our recent track record with closing on elite guys that don't commit early.

Thoughts?

Unfortunately, I agree.
And give me the top 2 considering the other lack of realistic options that are near their caliber at their position. If we can get 3 of those I’d be ecstatic.

Advertisement
Gonna bee hard to out recruit Bama and Georgia unless Miami gets back into the bag game at least a little.

Miami has never been into the bag game. Not ever like a SEC booster network bag game at least.

So I'd love to know what you're referring to

Advertisement

1) Evan Neal
2) Tyrique
3) MAR
4) Bogle

Thoughts?

In all honesty, you have to go 4/4 here if you want to get this program back where we all want it to be.

Neal is a UM legacy and we've been on him for years. Immediate playing time to sell as well.
Stevenson is a south dade kid who we have prioritized at the top of the board for going on 2 years now
MAR, do I really need to explain?
Bogle, same deal as Stevenson.

I guess I could live with 3/4 as long as 2 of those 3 are Neal and Stevenson. Those 2, you can't lose on. Plain and simple.

In all honesty, you have to go 4/4 here if you want to get this program back where we all want it to be.

Neal is a UM legacy and we've been on him for years. Immediate playing time to sell as well.
Stevenson is a south dade kid who we have prioritized at the top of the board for going on 2 years now
MAR, do I really need to explain?
Bogle, same deal as Stevenson.

I guess I could live with 3/4 as long as 2 of those 3 are Neal and Stevenson. Those 2, you can't lose on. Plain and simple.

This. 4/4 or it’s a bust. Elite teams, staffs and programs land 4/4 in this type of situation. There is no other way to cut it. We are in the best spot as a program in the last 15 years, it’s time to make the jump!

Unfortunately, I agree.
And give me the top 2 considering the other lack of realistic options that are near their caliber at their position. If we can get 3 of those I’d be ecstatic.

Disagree with this narrative that I’m starting to see with regards to Stevenson. I put MAR on that similar caliber as a DB

Advertisement
Back