5-star CB Marshall has UM in top 7, talks Junior Day visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'm not saying this is on Rumph, but its time for him and Patke to go, enough is enough and we can improve both
It's not on him at all.. we never stood a chance with a prospect like this. I think us as fans need to have a honest look at were we are as program and it's very bad spot. We're just not going to be able to land a 5 Star blue chipper until we start winning. I'm not a big Rumph fan but us not getting Marshall has nothing to do with him.

Advertisement
I'm not saying this is on Rumph, but its time for him and Patke to go, enough is enough and we can improve both
The dude from Louisiana better come out guns blazing this season. I’ve been waiting for him to land an elite db and see what he can do. Problem is it’s been 3 years and he’s only landed one and blades is more of a safety. If this Kid doesn’t pan out it’s gonna hurt his recruiting ability even more. Is it fair? **** no it isn’t when when other schools get 3-4 top db’s every year and they pay well. Not an even playing field at all but it’s what all coaches are judged on.

If UF keeps developing first round CBs/DBs and we keep producing 5-7 round guys and undrafted free agents, we’re going to keep losing these battles more often than not.

Easy sale.
Yup and I don’t see any first round quality corners on our team. Gotta at least turn some of ours into day 2 picks.

I mean wtf happened with Rumph? Weren’t there conflicting reports by our joke of a media team that he was leaving? No idea how the ******* kept his job and I’m still trying to figure out how Patke has a job. I’m sure 77.3% of this board could do a better job than Patke high and drunk.

I mean wtf happened with Rumph? Weren’t there conflicting reports by our joke of a media team that he was leaving? No idea how the ******* kept his job and I’m still trying to figure out how Patke has a job. I’m sure 77.3% of this board could do a better job than Patke high and drunk.
The last 2 off seasons we've read reports about Diaz wanting to replace Rumph only to change his mind a few days later.Wonder if some of our former players have called and pressured Diaz into keeping him.Diaz had a great opportunity after this season to make changes to his defensive staff and decided everything it's great and nothing needed to change.

d

Advertisement
The last 2 off seasons we've read reports about Diaz wanting to replace Rumph only to change his mind a few days later.Wonder if some of our former players have called and pressured Diaz into keeping him.Diaz had a great opportunity after this season to make changes to his defensive staff and decided everything it's great and nothing needed to change.

d
Rumph and Patke definitely needed to go. Baker I’d like to see go as well. I assume if they don’t pull their own weight all 3 of them will be out after next year.

It's not on him at all.. we never stood a chance with a prospect like this. I think us as fans need to have a honest look at were we are as program and it's very bad spot. We're just not going to be able to land a 5 Star blue chipper until we start winning. I'm not a big Rumph fan but us not getting Marshall has nothing to do with him.

I completely agree that THIS is not on him, but CB, LB and oline recruiting/depth have been terrible the last few years, looks like Coach Justice knows what he's doing so far....when do we upgrade the other 2

Rumph and Patke definitely needed to go. Baker I’d like to see go as well. I assume if they don’t pull their own weight all 3 of them will be out after next year.
You are are assuming wrong. Baker and Patke are diaz guys

Advertisement
This is not on Rump at all. Kid doesn't want to play for an unproven school. We not putting DB's in the NFL at the first round or second round since Artie Burns. We don't win We don't get recruits. Yeah it sucks but that's life and DIAZ has to change that period or leave.

Its funny how LSU WINS AND WINS EVERY SEASON ATLEAST 9 TO 10 GAMES EVERY YEAR AND ALWAYS GETS THE GUYS THEY WANT. We haven't had a great couple of season at all in years. We do the one year Miami is back then next year blow it all up.
You think Gators are pulling in recruits bc of there DB coach? **** NAAAA.... Its bc they win win win That's it..

Look at Clemson they have a Great DEF coach but don't really recruit DB'S that well. So, that tells you it's not the coach it's the wins. Kids are not stupid they want to go to schools that can take them to the NFL faster and make them more money period. Miami is not that school

This is not on Rump at all. Kid doesn't want to play for an unproven school. We not putting DB's in the NFL at the first round or second round since Artie Burns. We don't win We don't get recruits. Yeah it sucks but that's life and DIAZ has to change that period or leave.

Its funny how LSU WINS AND WINS EVERY SEASON ATLEAST 9 TO 10 GAMES EVERY YEAR AND ALWAYS GETS THE GUYS THEY WANT. We haven't had a great couple of season at all in years. We do the one year Miami is back then next year blow it all up.
You think Gators are pulling in recruits bc of there DB coach? **** NAAAA.... Its bc they win win win That's it..

Look at Clemson they have a Great DEF coach but don't really recruit DB'S that well. So, that tells you it's not the coach it's the wins. Kids are not stupid they want to go to schools that can take them to the NFL faster and make them more money period. Miami is not that school

What have the Gators won?

Florida has produced a lot of first round DBs, including Henderson from Miami. This is the result of that success.

We need to start winning, which will help us recruit the first rounders who we can then tout to the next generation.

Advertisement
its ok guys, we'll get his teammate whos a wronlgy rated 4 star with offers from Louisville, app st, and UCONN

Facts! And this is why I don’t even get in the arguments. Rumph will look like a better recruiter if our win totals were higher. At the end of the day, he’s still having to market at 6-8 yearly win program..
Florida has produced a lot of first round DBs, including Henderson from Miami. This is the result of that success.

We need to start winning, which will help us recruit the first rounders who we can then tout to the next generation.

I completely agree that THIS is not on him, but CB, LB and oline recruiting/depth have been terrible the last few years, looks like Coach Justice knows what he's doing so far....when do we upgrade the other 2
We don't win... The last time we had a good season, Rumph brought in a very solid DB class.
Al Blades
Gurvan Hall
Gilbert Frieson
DJ Ivey
If your program isn't winning or has elite facilities and a ton of money invested into the program then you are not going to get the top guys. Right now we have neither tbh. We have inferior facilities compared to the other top dogs in college football. Our locker room is a absolute joke compared to the Texas, Clemson, Oregon and etc. Our player lounge is by far one of the worst among the top teams. We don't win and we have a off campus stadium. The only thing we have is the indoor practice facility and school's had that 10 years ago. So these coaches are fighting a huge uphill climb in recruiting. All they can really sell right now is a tradition/History that these kids never witnessed and the location of Miami. They were not watching football in the early 2000s. **** most of them weren't born. We also don't get players drafted early unless they are Tight ends and Yet on top of all this our crazy fan base puts these giant expectations in the coaching staff and players. Honestly unless you are a tight end, you should go elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back