5 Star Athlete/Safety James Williams Commits to Miami

We got some dogs on the recruiting staff now. There's a different vibe around the program, and they're doing what I've been preaching for years--selling the crib over dancing for the KKK. The BLM movement should be a big benefit to the hometown club with the dogs pitching it right.

Enough of that Mr. Nice Guy **** and congratulating guys for going elsewhere. Draw that line in the sand. You're with us, or you're a KKK groupie. Create and sell that local pride.
I admitted today that there was something different and it felt good, and u know me Im quick to call the red flags but today I posted before this that Im turning that page. Now this happens and Im like something different is going on now this is what I want to see win or loss......be the team to beat on the trail in sfla.

Advertisement
From Ivins:

It sounds like Williams just felt the most comfortable with the people in Coral Gables.

According to those connected to the recruitment, Williams has spent the past couple of months talking at night with Ephraim Banda and Manny Diaz via FaceTime. Some think that his relationship with those two coaches, who offered him a scholarship back in January of 2018, and the fact that he just wants to stay home proved to be the difference in the end.

Williams apparently called Miami early Tuesday to let them know he was planning to make an announcement. Diaz was able to keep things under wraps until he posted a celebratory graphic on Instagram just minutes before Williams went public with his decision.

The Hurricanes are now in line to sign their highest ranked recruit according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite since five-star defensive tackle Marcus Forston and five-star linebacker Artur Brown inked with UM back in 2008.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well, after Knighton and Tae last year....

If this kid ultimately does sign with us, I don't want to hear anything else ever again about a kid for sure not coming here so no need to waste our time/ why are we recruiting this kid/ it's pointless etc/ he is bagged and paid for already by _______. I'm directing that at myself too, no real reason to doubt this staff anymore for a local kid IMO. ESPECIALLY for a kid that they have been on for a while and have a long relationship with. I'm shocked.

EGG-ZACK-LEE

MFers on this site are so weird with that dumbass ****. These dudes are PAID to recruit. But weirdos on this site really clown the staff for literally doing their jobs.

Advertisement
From Ivins:

It sounds like Williams just felt the most comfortable with the people in Coral Gables.

According to those connected to the recruitment, Williams has spent the past couple of months talking at night with Ephraim Banda and Manny Diaz via FaceTime. Some think that his relationship with those two coaches, who offered him a scholarship back in January of 2018, and the fact that he just wants to stay home proved to be the difference in the end.

Williams apparently called Miami early Tuesday to let them know he was planning to make an announcement. Diaz was able to keep things under wraps until he posted a celebratory graphic on Instagram just minutes before Williams went public with his decision.

The Hurricanes are now in line to sign their highest ranked recruit according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite since five-star defensive tackle Marcus Forston and five-star linebacker Artur Brown inked with UM back in 2008.

I was higher on the Ed Reed hire then a lot of CIS but we’ve got to stop attributing every success to him(let’s leave that to UF fans) and show the coaches love. Banda and Manny put in that work here.

Advertisement
ACC5D809-1FDE-49D8-BA38-C1B5F21EB748.jpeg

We got some dogs on the recruiting staff now. There's a different vibe around the program, and they're doing what I've been preaching for years--selling the crib over dancing for the KKK. The BLM movement should be a big benefit to the hometown club with the dogs pitching it right.

Enough of that Mr. Nice Guy **** and congratulating guys for going elsewhere. Draw that line in the sand. You're with us, or you're a KKK groupie. Create and sell that local pride.

My perspicacious friend - you are on the money. I didn't realize the KKK/BLM angle but I'm wondering if that's at play here. I didn't think it would be but wouldn't be surprised if it was. Also wondering how much did ER20 do to close the deal here?

I am shocked...early signing period can't get here soon enough.

Advertisement
Back