5 stages of fan grief concerning our qbs

Not even remotely close to fall, and idiots are running around burying guys. You'd think that people would have a **** clue, and understand that the difference between spring and fall in regards to development can be night and day, but here we are. We won't know diddly squat about this position battle until the scrimmages in the fall, and even then, there's a chance that it will still come down to who the staff is more comfortable with at that moment.

Advertisement
Who’s the actress?

Hah! Good question, no idea. She is hot though, huh? It was just the best image I found to say that at this point, I’m basically in all five stages at once, or depending on mood or latest “news” coming out of camp. That’s not to say I don’t realize it’s just spring and there’s no reason to get bent on this right now.

That said this season is “Schrodinger’s Cat”. We’re just gonna have to open the box to find out what we got.

Let me ask this question who do you think cmr trots out there as our starting in which is in reality a road game.a vet with game experience or a rookie.only way the rookie starts if he's head and shoulders above the vet.if they are neck and neck hate to say it but the vet will start.no sense in complaining just shows the state our qb situation is in.its going to tak time and patience before its better.good qbs are groomed overnight

Disagree. It's a neutral site and Richt has stated he's starting the best QB. I don't think that's lip service, but I also don't think we start a true frosh. My money is on N'Kosi if - IF - he outperforms Malik in practice.

While it is a neutral site, the crowd will greatly favor LSU.

Coaches always say that crap. He has also said that Malek is the starter unless someone replaces him. The job isn't open, its there for the taking, but that isn't a way to break in a completely green QB.

Richt has shown to be conservative as ****. Whether that is by design or what we're working with, that's debatable. Anyone not named Malek would have to be so lights out and far ahead in the fall for him to green light a first start.

We'll see and anything is possible. If I were betting today, Malek is the starter, at least come season opener.

I still think it will likely be a scenario where Rosier starts the season, but Rosier doesn't finish the season.

Advertisement
1. Denial- no way Malik will start. Nkosi and Williams are simply more athletic and Nkosi has a year of the offense under his belt. Still a long ways to go.

2. Anger- **** it. If Richt had only played Nkosi in some games and gotten him game experience last year we wouldn't be in this situation. What the **** was he thinking?

3. Bargaining- What if Malik sprains his throwing shoulder or hammy for rest of Spring. Might give the young guys more reps with the 1's and sense of urgency. No way they will give it back up.

4. Depression- Here we go again. Another cardiac arrest season winning some close games against teams we should be blowing out. Maybe limp back to the ACC final to get waxed again by Clemson.

5. Acceptance- Malik is a 5th year senior and who says 5th year seniors can't improve? Even with just a 8- 10 percent improvement in completions with our rb depth and wr studs we should be an offensive juggernaut and blow out most teams, especially with our defense!

Which stage are you in?

Rosier would have looked much better last year is Manny wasn’t busy making the opposing QBs look like Tom Brady most weeks. He is not anywhere near any of our NC QBs but he is the best we have had since. We don’t know crap about the other guys when the hitting starts and the lights come on. I’m still a little high on that last second TD pass in Tally and all that it meant, so I have rose glasses on.

Advertisement
Acceptance, We are who we were afraid we are. Have not had a top QB since Brock Berlin's senior year. The QB's we are recruiting run more than they throw. Williams might be the answer in a couple of years. I just look at how long it took Clemson to get to where they are. Many on here want to say that CMR has been here long enough but college football just does not work that way. He did not follow a recruiter. Many of the schools where a very good coach came in and won a title followed good recruiting coaches. CMR did not.

It looks as though this ship will not be righted until year 5 or 6. Williams Junior year. We should have a proper OL and DL's to make the run. People will scream that is unacceptable but when you take out Miami's lone decade of greatness with 3 coaches 30 years ago you will see that to be in the hunt is a big deal. Texas of all schools only has 1 title in 40 years. Wisconsin, Oregon, A&M, Penn St, OU, UGA, Auburn, Tenn, FSU, Nebraska, Washington, ASU, Michigan, all have more money, better facilities, tradition, sell out, and have as many or less titles than Miami over that past 20 years.

Super Powers Bama, LSU, OSU, and USC are the only schools that have 2 or more titles in the past 20 years. And all those schools did nothing for a 30 year span in the late 70's, 80's and 90's. Bama had the one title out of all the super powers in that time span.

We are on the right track. We have the recruits visiting, positive environment, off probation, on campus facilities, great school, a strength coach who is certified, a training table (welcome to the 80's), and a stable staff.

Advertisement
Back