5 non win - loss predictions for next season

Advertisement
A wise old man once said... you will have a lost for every freshmen that starts. Not necessarily because of the play of the freshmen, but because of the state of the team. I think the freshmen that start will win you some games you should have lost later on in their career, because of the experience they would have gain from starting as freshmen. And I would be surprised and extremely proud if Shaq was to win Def Rookie of The Year, but not shocked. I know he has it in him... I expect him to get better everyday. The outside linebacker positions have a big advantage over the position in the middle... SAM and WILL both will have one arm free... meaning there won't be an opposition on one of his sides... MLB however is in the middle of the field or canted to the strength of the offense... but in most cases he will have opposition to his left and right... then to boot.. MLB has the responsibility of making the calls and being the coaches extension on the field that's a lot of weight to bare, but I'm confident that Shaq can carry it.... I know that if Shaq does his job right the backers on the outside will have better numbers than he will. MLB should destroy the play side A or B gaps spilling or forcing the ball to the outside to one of the outside guys... Hunting the ball like a pack of wolves. If the four guys up front win their gap MLB wins his... then one of the OLBs / Safeties are free to make an uncontested kill on or very near to the line of scrimmage... but I would expect from time to time that the guys up front and MLB to make a kill in the back field. It sometimes takes a trained eye to see if the MLB is doing his job correctly.

Not doubting Shaq at all, I think he's going to be a tremendous player for us.

But I don't see him winning ACC defensive rookie of the year when there's no guarantee he's even a starter.

A wise old man once said... you will have a lost for every freshmen that starts. Not necessarily because of the play of the freshmen, but because of the state of the team. I think the freshmen that start will win you some games you should have lost later on in their career, because of the experience they would have gain from starting as freshmen. And I would be surprised and extremely proud if Shaq was to win Def Rookie of The Year, but not shocked. I know he has it in him... I expect him to get better everyday. The outside linebacker positions have a big advantage over the position in the middle... SAM and WILL both will have one arm free... meaning there won't be an opposition on one of his sides... MLB however is in the middle of the field or canted to the strength of the offense... but in most cases he will have opposition to his left and right... then to boot.. MLB has the responsibility of making the calls and being the coaches extension on the field that's a lot of weight to bare, but I'm confident that Shaq can carry it.... I know that if Shaq does his job right the backers on the outside will have better numbers than he will. MLB should destroy the play side A or B gaps spilling or forcing the ball to the outside to one of the outside guys... Hunting the ball like a pack of wolves. If the four guys up front win their gap MLB wins his... then one of the OLBs / Safeties are free to make an uncontested kill on or very near to the line of scrimmage... but I would expect from time to time that the guys up front and MLB to make a kill in the back field. It sometimes takes a trained eye to see if the MLB is doing his job correctly.

But I don't see him winning ACC defensive rookie of the year when there's no guarantee he's even a starter.
I think he's the starting mike, I think it allows us to put the most athletic group we can field if Darrion comes back healthy while keeping a veteran presence. Even if he struggles in coverage at first he's a thumper that's going to tackle

I think he's the starting mike, I think it allows us to put the most athletic group we can field if Darrion comes back healthy while keeping a veteran presence. Even if he struggles in coverage at first he's a thumper that's going to tackle

I would like to see what Juwon Young could do. He really flashed at times last year.

I think it'll be Grace-Young-Owens with Shaq and Pinckey rotating in.

Advertisement

I would like to see what Juwon Young could do. He really flashed at times last year.

Shaq has the job. The guy was ready for college as a sophomore and he's getting the first team reps just weeks into his first camp.

uploadfromtaptalk1460335667199.jpg

Advertisement

Shaq has the job. The guy was ready for college as a sophomore and he's getting the first team reps just weeks into his first camp.

We shall see.

Chalk it up....Shaq is going to start day one.... the kid is proving why he was one of the top ranked hs ILBs in the country.

1. Finally on a real weight lifting and training staff, Stacey coley becomes a top 10 draft pick with an absolutely astonishing year
2. Kayaa becomes the projected number 1 overall draft pick and pushes watson for the heisman
3. Sam bruce breaks 1000 yards and wins ACC rookie of the year
4. Mark Walton breaks 1000 yards with a 4.5 ypc avg and 15+ TDs
5. The hurricanes average 37 ppg

1.) Kaaya has his best season and is in the running for the heisman. Projects as a top 10 pick and leaves early.

2.) Njoku breaks every Miami single season TE receiving record(receptions, yds, TDs) Leaves early for draft and gets drafted in the 2nd round

3.) Norton leads team in sacks

4.) Grace has a huge season but falls in draft because of his size. 2nd Round

5.) Richards leads the WRs because Coley can't stay healthy
This guy wakes up every day, shakes his head and says "oh fck".

Advertisement
1.) Kaaya has his best season and is in the running for the heisman. Projects as a top 10 pick and leaves early.

2.) Njoku breaks every Miami single season TE receiving record(receptions, yds, TDs) Leaves early for draft and gets drafted in the 2nd round

You think that's bad?? Look at the one posted before you commented, I can see Kaaya being the first selection of next year's draft but Stacy coley being a top 10 pick...wtf??

Last edited:
The one I want to see is.... Leads ACC in 3rd down conversions. Do that and we win the Coastal, and quite possibly the ACC.

You think that's bad?? Look at the one posted before you commented, I can see Kaaya being the first selection of next year's draft but Stacy coley being a top 10 pick...wtf??

I was laughing at smuck99 for his Schleprock approach. Any remotely positive prediction was hinged on something negative. It was funny to read and imagine him walking around frowning with a rain cloud following him everywhere.

UM fans feel this overwhelming urge to tamp down expectations.

Advertisement
1.) There will be a lot less coaching mistakes on gameday.

2.) Albeit the WR corps doesn't have a case of the drops, Kaaya should have his best year.

3.) RB Corps will be dangerous.

That's all I can come up with for now. :p

Advertisement
Back