5* Kids

Umbra

Carolina Cane
Just curious,

Other than Lorenzo, are any of our other current commits or targets likely to finish rated as 5*s? I'm thinking Pope could move up most easily and Jobe has a chance but I'm not sure who else.
I know stars don't matter in terms of getting the right guys and dudes like Garvin, but it would definitely build hype and make Miami more immediately noticeable nationally.

Advertisement
The best candidates are Pope and Jobe. But Jobe isnt playing this year so I dont know how that works.

Pope is ranked 22 with 247 so when they do the final update he will be a 5 star. Jobe is like 33 or 34, he is right outside the range of being a 5 star. The top 32 under 247 are 5 stars

Wasn't someone saying that they just give 5 *s to the top 32 players regardless? So look at who might already be in the top 32 or who might make it in there.

Certainly makes the stars seem a lot more hollow if true. Rather than having it based completely on how good you are this depends more on your class and how you compare to them.

Advertisement
Just curious,

Other than Lorenzo, are any of our other current commits or targets likely to finish rated as 5*s? I'm thinking Pope could move up most easily and Jobe has a chance but I'm not sure who else.
I know stars don't matter in terms of getting the right guys and dudes like Garvin, but it would definitely build hype and make Miami more immediately noticeable nationally.

I agree - stars don't matter but buzz definitely matters and getting 3 five stars will definitely amplify our buzz

What I think will happen is same late national recruits may become interested. Every commit we have so far is from FL which is always the best base to start with.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Just looked it up and they aint lyin, the last five years on 247 the top 32 get 5 stars. Which makes no sense, you cant have a preset number of 5 stars but whatever.

Advertisement
I think high tower If he becomes sitkowskis number one Target but he just dropped a little so I doubt it

Here's how this seems to work.....based solely off my personal opinion!! None of our commits will get anything more than what they had before commuting. If they decommit,.. And show an interest in some Stupid Effing Cult (sec) program..boom...rating bump! We get no love down here!! We are the redheaded stepchild or black sheep of college football!! Us against the world baby!!

Advertisement
Just looked it up and they aint lyin, the last five years on 247 the top 32 get 5 stars. Which makes no sense, you cant have a preset number of 5 stars but whatever.

agreed, I get just as excited over 4 stars for this same reason

Only 32kids get a 5 star ranking per year. Pope, Jobe, Lingard, Campbell, and Tyreke Johnson have the best chance imo. With Jordan and Sitkowski as outside shots to earn a 5th imo.

Advertisement
Back