5 Hurricanes Named Semifinalists for Major Awards

Advertisement
Everyone has sad all transfers...how is Brevin Jordan a transfer? Which college football program did Lou Hedley transfer from?

****, we're 8-1 and have 6 Canes up for major awards but people still want to **** on Manny and the coaching staff. Who cares how we got them? They're Canes now and they could have gone to any # of schools

The five names I saw were king, phillips, bolden, hedley, borregales. all transfers (hedley must of transferred from somewhere because he had less than 4 years of eligibility). the thread title says 5 kids. turns out there’s six and jordan is on the list. okay. the point is, our best kids are transfers. not being negative, just observing the obvious. if you don’t find that amazing, your expectations for this program are too low, imo.

Advertisement
Everyone has sad all transfers...how is Brevin Jordan a transfer? Which college football program did Lou Hedley transfer from?

****, we're 8-1 and have 6 Canes up for major awards but people still want to **** on Manny and the coaching staff. Who cares how we got them? They're Canes now and they could have gone to any # of schools
Hedley was a JUCO. I think he played for San Francisco City College, which is where OJ Simpson started his career. OJ was a JUCO before he transferred to USC.

I hope people dont forget that having transfers that play this well is a boost for younger players to keep up.

Jaelan is setting a standard right now. Those young defensive ends that we have watch him in practice learn from him and Roche.

The success that they have helps us out, not just now, but long term too.

Advertisement
I count six finalists, am I missing something here?
The press release was straight off Hurricanes.com. Brevin was on the Mackey watch list early in the season. Then they whittle the watch lists down to finalists this time of year. It seems Brevin’s not a finalist for the Mackey. Understandable considering he’s been out a lot.

Advertisement
Back