5 Hurricanes Named Semifinalists for Major Awards

Advertisement
Advertisement
All transfers.

does this mean our staff sucks at recruiting and is getting bailed out by the portal.....

or is the staff good at addressing needs after initial mistakes?
The other players on the team view the honorees as "Team-mates"!

lots of people on this board think we have a special teams problem because we don't have a good punt returner

Advertisement
Great to see how the transfer portal has transformed the Canes. Bubba Bolden (Paycom Jim Thorpe Award), Jose Borregales (Lou Groza Award), Lou Hedley (Ray Guy Award), D’Eriq King (Davey O’Brien Award, Maxwell Award) and Jaelan Phillips (Bednarik Award) were all named semifinalists. Where would the Canes be without these transfers? I don’t want to think about it.

These players should all be future NFL draft picks from rounds 2-6. The next step is for the Canes to develop the players that it has recruited. Rousseau is a round one pick, although I hope his opting out doesn’t cause him to slip a little in the draft.

Great to see how the transfer portal has transformed the Canes. Bubba Bolden (Paycom Jim Thorpe Award), Jose Borregales (Lou Groza Award), Lou Hedley (Ray Guy Award), D’Eriq King (Davey O’Brien Award, Maxwell Award) and Jaelan Phillips (Bednarik Award) were all named semifinalists. Where would the Canes be without these transfers? I don’t want to think about it.

These players should all be future NFL draft picks from rounds 2-6. The next step is for the Canes to develop the players that it has recruited. Rousseau is a round one pick, although I hope his opting out doesn’t cause him to slip a little in the draft.
One has to admit that Manny saw an opportunity to fill some obvious holes and took full advantage of it with quality players. It also gives the staff time to develop the young guys and not have to throw them in the fire. Time will tell if this strategy pays off.

Advertisement
Advertisement
lots of people on this board think we have a special teams problem because we don't have a good punt returner
Well every game this year one of our many returners have fumbled a punt, there is a flag on every return punt and kick, and our kick off team gave up a td against NC State. Other than that we have the best punter/kicker duo in the country and our kickoff coverage has been solid lately. I'm not being negative, I'm just stating facts.

Advertisement
Back