2024 5* DL Justin Scott visiting this weekend [commits to OSU then flips to Miami!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It is fair to have concerns about Cristobal. We lost to Middle Tennessee.

IMO, holding serve means landing another Top 10 class. The goal is Top 5 class and best DL class in the country but I think the season tanked some of those aspirations. Top 10 with five or six Top 100 players is attainable with a good year.
If we need good seasons to recruit at a high level we are screwed and are no different than we were under previous regimes. Mario was brought in to recruit at an elite level

Advertisement
/New school connected propaganda mouth piece enters the chat
Don’t be too hard (pause) on yourself. We appreciate what you share. **** happens out of your control and apparently out of the control of the coaches.

The issue is the best DL in the history of Miami recruiting narrative was thrown out there and raised Miami fans expectations through the roof. If that narrative was never expressed, we wouldn’t be having these conversations.

Advertisement
If we need good seasons to recruit at a high level we are screwed and are no different than we were under previous regimes. Mario was brought in to recruit at an elite level
Someone brought it up earlier, I think @JgDaCane

No point in hiring Mario if we we aren’t bankrolling the classes at an elite level. Money matters more so than ever.

Someone brought it up earlier, I think @JgDaCane

No point in hiring Mario if we we aren’t bankrolling the classes at an elite level. Money matters more so than ever.
I’ll speak for myself but this is why I am the way I am about this. I was down for Mario because it (seemed) to come with the investment needed. Without it…yikes

Advertisement
No. I shouldn’t and I don’t give a **** about him and his Twitter antics. He doesn’t control the money, the donors do. We’ve got serious problems. He’s a gnat buzzing around elephant dung. You can focus on him and that’s fine for you but not me. There’s far bigger problems than him.
I mean You’re wrong. He’s the one deciding the number to give the players. That doesn’t happen without having $ from the donor but he’s the point guy and all he wants to do is match and not beat out the other programs.

Advertisement
I look at it like this, realistically from a recruiting standpoint, with the product we've put on the field over the past several years "recruiting animal" or not, we've overdelivered in terms of the recruits we've gotten. For Mario to come in so late and salvage Diaz's recruiting class then turn around and get a top 10 class after a 5-7 season and be able to completely turn over the roster with quality pieces, I'd say he's more than earning his salary because quite frankly with those kind of restrains, we've seen other fail trying to do less. At this point in time, he's going to have to start producing on the field to break into the real elite recruiting flow on a consistent basis. Has he stumbled? Yes, the Gattis hire was a flop and the Steele hire didn't pan out how we all thought it would however those that have been paying attention knew that this would be a learning experience for Mario as well as he's not at his finished product yet in terms of his coaching ceiling. He too has room to grow. Right now we need to be patient, be REALISTIC, and cool down. We're on the right track. We should be vastly improved on the field this season which will bring recruits. We put a couple guys into the first round with a winning record and possibly a bowl game and we'll be off. He's done more with less and still giving them ****. When he doesn't have to anymore, he's gonna be tough to beat. I'm look forward to this season. I think we'll do well but more importantly, it will be foundational piece in getting "byke". Be cool, we good.

lol

So why did they finish 14th last class and we finished Top 7, holding onto a majority of our recruits apart from a center that wanted to fly planes, a corner that fell in love with Deion’s false promises, and another corner who loved poon? Would have been 4th nationally.

Why was their portal class 18th and ours top 7 as well? What is the difference in the last 2-3 months?
What about focusing on evaluation takes while debating what the market price is for whales.

That's what it appears from the outside. Meanwhile it appears OSU is upping the ante.

Was this posted here

I look at it like this, realistically from a recruiting standpoint, with the product we've put on the field over the past several years "recruiting animal" or not, we've overdelivered in terms of the recruits we've gotten. For Mario to come in so late and salvage Diaz's recruiting class then turn around and get a top 10 class after a 5-7 season and be able to completely turn over the roster with quality pieces, I'd say he's more than earning his salary because quite frankly with those kind of restrains, we've seen other fail trying to do less. At this point in time, he's going to have to start producing on the field to break into the real elite recruiting flow on a consistent basis. Has he stumbled? Yes, the Gattis hire was a flop and the Steele hire didn't pan out how we all thought it would however those that have been paying attention knew that this would be a learning experience for Mario as well as he's not at his finished product yet in terms of his coaching ceiling. He too has room to grow. Right now we need to be patient, be REALISTIC, and cool down. We're on the right track. We should be vastly improved on the field this season which will bring recruits. We put a couple guys into the first round with a winning record and possibly a bowl game and we'll be off. He's done more with less and still giving them ****. When he doesn't have to anymore, he's gonna be tough to beat. I'm look forward to this season. I think we'll do well but more importantly, it will be foundational piece in getting "byke". Be cool, we good.
Mario isnt being paid like a room to grow corch.. He is being paid and given every resource he asked for on checklist as a proven commodity here to deliver results. This guy doesnt bring X and O offense or defense.. Some actually can negative recruit against him in his domain. Hopefully he gets out of the kitchen and let the Air Raid guy cook..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back