2024 5* DL Justin Scott visiting this weekend [commits to OSU then flips to Miami!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately Mario needs to be in a spot where his recruiting efforts help him on gameday. He can’t be in a position where his game day coaching is needed to help him in recruiting. That has to somehow flip and quickly.
You can't flip it until you show it on the field. That's why this season is so important.

Advertisement
Larry Johnson hasn’t done much lately.

This year LJ had a 3rd Round DE drafted. Has 2 projected 1st round picks at DE and DT in the ‘24 draft on top of landing half of Miami’s dream DLine class.

There is a reason he is considered the best in the game.

This year LJ had a 3rd Round DE drafted. Has 2 projected 1st round picks at DE and DT in the ‘24 draft on top of landing half of Miami’s dream DLine class.

There is a reason he is considered the best in the game.
Recently he’s had both Bosa brothers (from south Florida) and Chase Young go top 5 and we are acting like Phillips and Rousseau (who didn’t get coached by JT anyways) measure up?

Larry Johnson is at the top of the DL coaching hierarchy in college football. To say otherwise is outrageous

Don’t understand how russell was a take but guys like these are supposed to be backup plans? Lol
Because unlike Russell, Big Boy P5 programs actually want those guys and it will take NIL to land them

Advertisement
This even dwarfs the Big Conch/Patrick Peterson saga from the Grassy days.
Nope! Not even close. Patrick was homegrown. That one really hurt…. BAD. Truth is, this kid grew up a lot closer to them than to us. He’s a Chicago kid. We fooled ourselves into thinking that he was coming to Miami because we were fed rumors from some writers and some of those close to the program. ****, with that and our supposed NIL cash, what could go wrong? Well, something went left. Way left. OSU got the kid, and we’re left scratching our asses, wondering what the **** happened. But nah, that PP fiasco was worse. This one is just fresher on the brain. Revisionist history, if u will.

Advertisement
Probably should care about him when he’s the guy running point on the $ numbers and at best wants to match when it’s obvious we’ll have to go a little higher to beat some of the top programs
No. I shouldn’t and I don’t give a **** about him and his Twitter antics. He doesn’t control the money, the donors do. We’ve got serious problems. He’s a gnat buzzing around elephant dung. You can focus on him and that’s fine for you but not me. There’s far bigger problems than him.

The sooner you guys make peace that this is a dead program the happier this fan base will be…whatever it is hasn’t worked here the past 20 years…we are usf at this point..we never have the money, we don’t make the right hires, we don’t have a stadium, play in a ****** conference and we keep thinking we are going to build that 2001 team again when the reality is we are only getting further and further away from that…at this point I’m happy I was able to see the 01 team at least, and I’ll support the canes cause I’m Miami(305) everything but i don’t expect much

Sure, that’s fair.

So how’s UF doing?
UF at least beat USC, Utah and Texas AM. Outside of UGA, their losses to FSU, LSU, UT, UK were all pretty close. The bowl game loss is meaningless in today's era where lots of players opt out. They were at lease reasonably close to winning games, and we looked awful in so many games in a **** conference and really didn't even have one quality win.

Reactions: JD4
Advertisement
UF at least beat USC, Utah and Texas AM. Outside of UGA, their losses to FSU, LSU, UT, UK were all pretty close. The bowl game loss is meaningless in today's era where lots of players opt out. They were at lease reasonably close to winning games, and we looked awful in so many games in a **** conference and really didn't even have one quality win.
They were better than us but not top 2-3 class better. It’s the $. They got it together and we are seeing the results.

lol

So why did they finish 14th last class and we finished Top 7, holding onto a majority of our recruits apart from a center that wanted to fly planes, a corner that fell in love with Deion’s false promises, and another corner who loved poon? Would have been 4th nationally.

Why was their portal class 18th and ours top 7 as well? What is the difference in the last 2-3 months?

The sooner you guys make peace that this is a dead program the happier this fan base will be…whatever it is hasn’t worked here the past 20 years…we are usf at this point..we never have the money, we don’t make the right hires, we don’t have a stadium, play in a ****** conference and we keep thinking we are going to build that 2001 team again when the reality is we are only getting further and further away from that…at this point I’m happy I was able to see the 01 team at least, and I’ll support the canes cause I’m Miami(305) everything but i don’t expect much
I agree with you. We aren’t even a second tier program anymore. We are a third tier program trying to compete with the elite schools and getting destroyed in recruiting because of it.

Advertisement
I remember when a shadow and another top guy on shadow board basically said this years ago, they said go raise your family guys, its over.. lol.. Even shadow basically went ghost on his own board, and this was yearssss ago..

lol

So why did they finish 14th last class and we finished Top 7, holding onto a majority of our recruits apart from a center that wanted to fly planes, a corner that fell in love with Deion’s false promises, and another corner who loved poon? Would have been 4th nationally.

Why was their portal class 18th and ours top 7 as well? What is the difference in the last 2-3 months?

Jordan Brand vs Adidas… of course…

A defensive tackle commit from Chicago has absolutely nothing to do with a QB commit from Georgia. This is a stretch.

Ohio State is beating us for DL because they win double-digit games every year and send defensive linemen to the first round.
Isn’t pulling any recruit, let alone a 5* DT, from the Midwest or the west coast difficult at best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back