2024 5* DL Justin Scott visiting this weekend [commits to OSU then flips to Miami!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I actually know a little about the paying part via a connection. I don’t know what the story with Scott is as in his situation I feel like it’s something else.

I know we’re not doing enough to get the kids we targeted and lost and the gator has…. And that’s money unless Mario all of a sudden doesn’t know how to recruit which I don’t buy and if we are paying and still not getting our targets then we’re even more ****ed, which brings me back to Scott. There’s too many excuses on every whiff. We’ve put DLs in the league recently. We’ve beaten schools like that for players.

People are making excuses. Realistically, either the money isn’t enough or our guys can’t close on who they need to, neither of which bodes well for success.
@DMoney said it. his mom freaked out over distance. It was OSU at that point but ND thought they had life.
If there is a DT I think will commit its Franklin.

we have recruited the position well last few years, kelly, Bain, moten, Horton, etc. problem is we need depth

Humongous loss, but he was coming till mama freaked out. Massive mistakes made here though on our end. Hopefully we learn for Stone
Dude we’re not getting Stone. This is trending all kinds of wrong. At this point, we’re going to be grasping with hope for Jackson from Gainesville and Sling Blade Billy’s in a better position to stuff us.

Essentially, yes.

The money for Scott just shook free. Let’s see what happens next.

I don’t personally give a ****, but this is a free country after all.
Well between Scott and some of the others that is a ton of money set free. Hopefully someone wants to take it.

Advertisement
Dude we’re not getting Stone. This is trending all kinds of wrong. At this point, we’re going to be grasping with hope for Jackson from Gainesville and Sling Blade Billy’s in a better position to stuff us.
I agree on stone. feels something is off. I could be wrong.

So you are saying they should have pulled the offer then? Just stop recruiting him?
No. Ds message about “communications went well” after a visit that went sideways due to distance.

Scott commits to OSU and says Michigan and oSu were his final 2.

How did the staff interprete good communication when Miami was out after the visit?

Advertisement
Well ”BUDDY “ use the name of the “ insider “. Is that so hard ? Like I said I know why y’all do that and it’s ***** made.
For real, not all insiders are equal. People need to leave the tried and true sources we have alone. There’s only a few. These guys gave you what they know from Miami’s side. Focus the anger that way not on Cribby, thank you.

Cane Fans this is fun!!

These type of situations will let us know who Mario Cristobal is as a recruiter.

Signed,

Peruche

Well I had hoped for another championship game before I passed on but that’s not happening. Program doesn’t win this year it’s finished. No need to even watch another horrendous season. Happy Trails!

Advertisement
@DMoney said it. his mom freaked out over distance. It was OSU at that point but ND thought they had life.

we have recruited the position well last few years, kelly, Bain, moten, Horton, etc. problem is we need depth
FWIW our guys are feeling we currently hold lead for Franklin. Obv recruiting is fluid so we will see.

We really need a group with Franklin, Kendall Jackson, Jayden maybe, Jones

Tbh that’s a really **** good group there’s certainly options. It’s a crazy year for DL

Advertisement
No. Ds message about “communications went well” after a visit that went sideways due to distance.

Scott commits to OSU and says Michigan and oSu were his final 2.

How did the staff interprete good communication when Miami was out after the visit?
I’m assuming the kid genuinely liked Miami and the staff. Just didn’t know how to break it to them that we were out. This happens all the time, you built a relationship with coaches and at some point a school you like might not be in your top 2 but you like them and appreciate the effort but are scared and/or embarrassed to let them know. Look at Tenn, they thought to the end that they were getting Mauigoa…

I’m assuming the kid genuinely liked Miami and the staff. Just didn’t know how to break it to them that we were out. This happens all the time, you built a relationship with coaches and at some point a school you like might not be in your top 2 but you like them and appreciate the effort but are scared and/or embarrassed to let them know. Look at Tenn, they thought to the end that they were getting Mauigoa…
I’d like to think that was the case. Very respectable and classy, but in todays NIL world - could have been a leverage play.

If the staff saw this go sideways with the mother they should have took that as a hint and moved on. Maybe they did. But if they didn’t then the two weeks since of them being left in the dark is due to their own stupidity, not his.
Lol so they should not try to convince mom they would take care of her child? Y'all take this **** too serious. If Miami quits recruiting him after his mom's concerns, it's the same result. Him not coming to Miami lol Who gives a **** if they continued to recruit him or not. It's their job.

Reactions: JD4
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back