2024 5* DL Justin Scott visiting this weekend [commits to OSU then flips to Miami!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
World Rugby Wow GIF by Rugby World Cup
More like
Happy Dance GIF by PLAYMOBIL

Advertisement
At this point, I expect this class to turn to ****.

[Deleted by Maude’s]

Reading that article from On3, I see that he wasn’t even considering Miami. He was ready to commit to ******* Michigan.

Coaches and the collectives alike where sky high on this kid, considering that he hadn’t even bucked at what was offered. Not one negative word on any aspect of the program.

Either the coaches are idiots, or these camps are playing Miami like a 2-string fiddle.

Unreal. Just unreal.
the game seems really obvious to me. Ruiz spent all last year screaming to anyone who would listen that they want Miami to be NIL leaders. he was on ESPN. decided to open his mouth on Nigel deal. well anyone worth a **** knows all these elite kids or their camps gotta do is make ppl you're actually thinking in going to Miami, & increase what you're gonna get for the school you wanted to go to all along. this shouldnt be an indictment on "insiders" it should be on the staff that clearly has no clue whats going on with these kids. you can't be jerking off jason taylor for months n months without ever coaching a college game or signing an elite recruit & expect him to win out against larry johnson. that's not fair to JT. you go 5-7 due primarily to your HC ****ting the bed with staff hires, these are the results you should expect recruiting. only other way is to get desperate & significantly overpay for every recruit.

Last edited by a moderator:
ohio state is a perennial top 4 team

if we start winning, we'll have a better shot in these battles. still on the staff to somehow land these players but hard pressed to get a kid to move across the country to play for a 5-7 team and not go to ohio state close to home who just had UGA on the ropes in the playoffs
Before we are able to start winning...we need to win some of these first. This doesnt seem to be the type of staff to will this program to 10 wins for the next 5 years. At least in recruiting, we can pay to out athlete everyone. Thus, here we are... struggling to do either effectively.

Advertisement
What about Joe Saliva. What does he do?
Not too sure, I know he’s been credited with the Maugouia relationship but it’s definitely a what have you done for me lately. I just know DL recruits were for the most part mentioning Taylor. I assume he would be the more technical teacher.

Can you give more details. What did mama freak out about? Also what were the mistakes?
1) his mom had a melt down when he told her he wanted to commit to Miami

2) we had an opportunity to go above and beyond (which we needed to do and Balked)

3) we could have used the tactics others use, think patrick Peterson / tua type situation…

If you give a **** about this program, and have some sort of resources, push to Nil…

At this point, I expect this class to turn to ****.

[Deleted by Maude’s]

Reading that article from On3, I see that he wasn’t even considering Miami. He was ready to commit to ******* Michigan.

Coaches and the collectives alike where sky high on this kid, considering that he hadn’t even bucked at what was offered. Not one negative word on any aspect of the program.

Either the coaches are idiots, or these camps are playing Miami like a 2-string fiddle.

Unreal. Just unreal.

So when u said exactly last week that the board needs to ice down their vaginas, b/c of Miami’s efforts, attention, & NIL will cause them to come on top for both Stewart & Scott, was that direct intel, a hunch, optimism or all of the above?

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Before we are able to start winning...we need to win some of these first. This doesnt seem to be the type of staff to will this program to 10 wins for the next 5 years. At least in recruiting, we can pay to out athlete everyone. Thus, here we are... struggling to do either effectively.
i disagree

our previous staff's never had these OV turnouts and this hype surrounding the program so we as fans never had our hopes this high. these high hopes lead to bigger disappointment when we DON'T land the players, but I think we'll be more than fine with Mario at the helm when it comes to recruiting

Let me put a little CIS spin on this. Mario told him to commit to Ohio St now just to hold his spot and once we show we can win games we will welcome the flip with open arms in late November or December.

Advertisement
i disagree

our previous staff's never had these OV turnouts and this hype surrounding the program so we as fans never had our hopes this high. these high hopes lead to bigger disappointment when we DON'T land the players, but I think we'll be more than fine with Mario at the helm when it comes to recruiting
The hype is a dangerous drug.

Advertisement
1) his mom had a melt down when he told her he wanted to commit to Miami

2) we had an opportunity to go above and beyond (which we needed to do and Balked)

3) we could have used the tactics others use, think patrick Peterson / tua type situation…

If you give a **** about this program, and have some sort of resources, push to Nil…
Thank you for the information.
#2 is a problem if true. IMO.

the game seems really obvious to me. Ruiz spent all last year screaming to anyone who would listen that they want Miami to be NIL leaders. he was on ESPN. decided to open his mouth on Nigel deal. well anyone worth a **** knows all these elite kids or their camps gotta do is make ppl you're actually thinking in going to Miami, & increase what you're gonna get for the school you wanted to go to all along. this shouldnt be an indictment on "insiders" it should be on the staff that clearly has no clue whats going on with these kids. you can't be jerking off jason taylor for months n months without ever coaching a college game or signing an elite recruit & expect him to win out against larry johnson. that's not fair to JT. you go 5-7 due primarily to your HC ****ting the bed with staff hires, these are the results you should expect recruiting. only other way is to get desperate & significantly overpay for every recruit.
Some people don’t seem to understand this. The slurping and blind homerism is unreal…

I know somebody that was up and arms about but was told he was crazy because “he played for Columbus“.

I was a fool and believed the whole “hey, we need a good depth piece to go along with the 5 stars we’re about to sign.”

I guess dimitry Nicholas will be our next commit? Maybe we can loop back around to Pickett.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back