2024 5* DL Justin Scott visiting this weekend [commits to OSU then flips to Miami!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
How can I critique or criticize when that’s not my profession and what I do for a living.

If your going to critique and criticize be prepared to offer praise as well.
What a poor take.

First point is an absurd standard. Im not a chef but I can tell when a meal is bad. Im not a film director or actor but I know when a movie is bad. I'm not a journalist but I know when reporting is bad. The list can go on. And even if I am wrong, why wouldn't I be allowed to have an opinion on it in a setting like this no less.

I sincerely hope you are also prepared to police the optimists in the fan base and make sure they are prepared to offer hate/pile on when things aren't going well, since fair and balanced posting is now something that is a rule.

Advertisement
What a poor take.

First point is an absurd standard. Im not a chef but I can tell when a meal is bad. Im not a film director or actor but I know when a movie is bad. I'm not a journalist but I know when reporting is bad. The list can go on. And even if I am wrong, why wouldn't I be allowed to have an opinion on it in a setting like this no less.

I sincerely hope you are also prepared to police the optimists in the fan base and make sure they are prepared to offer hate/pile on when things aren't going well, since fair and balanced posting is now something that is a rule.
Posters who just rip and **** on everything are worthless. Posters who just shill for and defend everything on the other side are worthless.

The majority of this board is or tries to be objective and fair and does not fall into either of those wretched poster groups

Posters who just rip and **** on everything are worthless. Posters who just shill for and defend everything on the other side are worthless.

The majority of this board is or tries to be objective and fair and does not fall into either of those wretched poster groups
I am glad you agree

Advertisement
Im easily convinced- all it takes is one elite WR to commit and I'll believe Cristobal is an elite recruiter.
Yeah because a number 7 class coming off one of UM's worst seasons doesn't prove Mario is Elite at recruiting.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Yeah because a number 7 class coming off one of UM's worst seasons doesn't prove Mario is Elite at recruiting.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Oh did he have a bunch of top WRs in the class last year? I must have missed it. It's great he can recruit OL at an incredibly high level and boost the recruiting rankings. He is elite at recruiting OL. No doubt about that. Unfortunately winning teams tend to require someone to throw the ball and someone to catch it. I would expect an overall elite recruiter to still land top WRs and QBs irrespective of the record. As for DE and DT, I don't count "good feelings" as equivalent to a commitment.

Advertisement
Oh did he have a bunch of top WRs in the class last year? I must have missed it. It's great he can recruit OL at an incredibly high level and boost the recruiting rankings. He is elite at recruiting OL. No doubt about that. Unfortunately winning teams tend to require someone to throw the ball and someone to catch it. I would expect an overall elite recruiter to still land top WRs and QBs irrespective of the record. As for DE and DT, I don't count "good feelings" as equivalent to a commitment.
Weird take, 2 of our 13 top 247 players were OL… 2 of them were WRs

You said he wasn't an Elite recruiter. I showed you he is.

Advertisement
You said he wasn't an Elite recruiter. I showed you he is.

He can be both. He can be an elite recruiter but he can also struggle with skill position recruiting, especially OOS. Let's face it, Mario is facing an uphill struggle at the WR position, especially top notch OOS ones. ****, you can even argue 5 star in state kids. Last year's disaster of a year on offense combined with Mario's rep as a coach who's not known for offenses makes his job harder to recruit top notch WRs. You can make the same argument for quarterback.

So once again you suggest the only high rated players in last year's class were OL....is that really what you are trying to say?

Last edited:
He can be both. He can be an elite recruiter but he can also struggle with skill position recruiting, especially OOS. Let's face it, Mario is facing an uphill struggle at the WR position, especially top notch OOS ones. ****, you can even argue 5 star in state kids. Last year's disaster of a year on offense combined with Mario's rep as a coach who's not known for offenses makes his job harder to recruit top notch WRs. You can make the same argument for quarterback.

I honestly think this is a temporary problem. He has no problem attracting RBs and TEs. So it's not skill positions, and we're closing recruits at every other position as well. It's isolated to the QB/WR combo because of Gattass. Dawson/TVD/WRs is going to be critical this season. But if they take care of business, we should be fine going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back