5-4-21 D1Baseball's NCAA projection

Advertisement
Than a 3 in a top 8 seeds region with a Top 25 RPI? Are you serious or new to college baseball??

Wait, you think we deserve a better seed that what this projection shows? This team just got outscored 95-2 in a weekend series against Boston College. They stink.

They started the year 9-4. 15-11 over the last ~2 months. 3-4 in the last 7. Not ranked in any poll. Arrow is definitely pointing down.

I guess you could maybe say they should be a 2 somewhere, but if that's the case, it'd probably have to be in one of the Top 4 overall seed's regional. I'd rather go to Austin as a 3 than Fayetteville or Starkville as a 2.

Advertisement
Wait, you think we deserve a better seed that what this projection shows? This team just got outscored 95-2 in a weekend series against Boston College. They stink.

They started the year 9-4. 15-11 over the last ~2 months. 3-4 in the last 7. Not ranked in any poll. Arrow is definitely pointing down.

I guess you could maybe say they should be a 2 somewhere, but if that's the case, it'd probably have to be in one of the Top 4 overall seed's regional. I'd rather go to Austin as a 3 than Fayetteville or Starkville as a 2.
Like I said RPI is 22, that seed would be below 40. I will let you do the math.

And again I have been HIGHLY critical of this team, but that's not right, despite you porst..... RPI has always been a decent and fair predictor of NCAA seedings for the most part.

Last edited:
Than a 3 in the 8 overall seeds region with a Top 22 RPI? Are you serious or new to college baseball?? LMAO

and I think we stink, but that's a joke, if you ranked it by seedings that has us at 56... smh
t doesn't matter if you're a 2, 3, or a 4. It just matters who is in your region. I'd be happy with that Texas regional. None of those teams scare me. Escaping SEC pitching is best for this team as they are anemic at the plate against elite pitching. Not to say that Texas or Michigan doesn't have great pitching, but I doubt it's anywhere near the top SEC and ACC pitchers.

Last edited:
t doesn't matter if you're a 2, 3, or a 4. It just matters who is in your region. I'd be happy with that Texas regional. None of those teams scare me. Escaping SEC pitching is best for this team as they are anemic at the plate against elite pitching. Not to say that Texas or Michigan doesn't have great pitching, but I doubt it's anywhere near the top SEC and ACC pitchers.
Of course it does, thats literally why they seed them. LOL. Michigan us a 90 RPI and the 2, that's good for us but BS overall

Advertisement
You do realize our staff has to pitch to them as well? Look we aren't making it, but the 56th projected seed for a 22 RPI is wrong, not even debatable

You do realize our staff has to pitch to them as well? Look we aren't making it, but the 56th projected seed for a 22 RPI is wrong, not even debatable
Yes. So, I look at it as even. If they thru us is in with Vandy, then I'd tell the team pack lghtly cause they'll be heading home soon. We could go to a much worse situation. We could also wind in Gainsville which isn't all that bad, except they're playing their best baseball right now and we're not.

Put another way, would you rather go to Texas as a #3 or to Vandy as a #2?

I watch Texas play a lot on the Longhorn Network and they aren’t a top 10 team IMO. Solid but nothing special. Haven’t seen Michigan but it’s hard to imagine them having a lockdown ace. Wouldn’t be mad at that draw.

Advertisement
Yes. So, I look at it as even. If they thru us is in with Vandy, then I'd tell the team pack lghtly cause they'll be heading home soon. We could go to a much worse situation. We could also wind in Gainsville which isn't all that bad, except they're playing their best baseball right now and we're not.

Put another way, would you rather go to Texas as a #3 or to Vandy as a #2?
Well you completely missed the point, again. The 22 RPI does not deserve to be the 3 at the 9. That is simple logic.

Last edited:
I watch Texas play a lot on the Longhorn Network and they aren’t a top 10 team IMO. Solid but nothing special. Haven’t seen Michigan but it’s hard to imagine them having a lockdown ace. Wouldn’t be mad at that draw.
Hajjar and Weston (UM pitchers) are both plus pitchers, better than any starter we have.

And as far as Texas goes they are **** good, 36-11 and rarely ever lose at home....you must be watching the wrong games. Their team ERA is 2.9, we are 4.6. Their weekday starter would be our Friday night guy.

Advertisement

Attachments

• 03FB2EBD-E7F1-47A0-AA04-B0F4C05997CD.png
    03FB2EBD-E7F1-47A0-AA04-B0F4C05997CD.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Hajjar and Weston (UM pitchers) are both plus pitchers, better than any starter we have.

And as far as Texas goes they are **** good, 36-11 and rarely ever lose at home....you must be watching the wrong games. Their team ERA is 2.9, we are 4.6. Their weekday starter would be our Friday night guy.
Every game I’ve seen was either a midweek ugly game or a grind it out low scoring one. I watched their entire Baylor series, TT series, Nevada games, and OSU series. I’m not saying they aren’t good, I’m saying they aren’t “special.”

Every game I’ve seen was either a midweek ugly game or a grind it out low scoring one. I watched their entire Baylor series, TT series, Nevada games, and OSU series. I’m not saying they aren’t good, I’m saying they aren’t “special.”
They are not Vandy or Arkansas, but they are **** good and likely make Omaha where pitching rules, any team with a staff ERA under 3 can throw.

That said we are going no where, we are so bad right now that 40 plus games in we don't have a set rotation let alone even know who our #1 is. That is bad.

Advertisement
Back