5-1 Miami doesn't make ESPN FPI Top 25, 0-2 PSU does

What kind of computer program is it that could possibly rank an 0-2 team? I mean they literally have not won a game, how does the math add up to a ranking without some kind of arbitrary human input???

Advertisement
While I agree that's it's pretty ridiculous to have an 0-2 team ranked in the top 25, right now ESPN computer polls mean ****all to me. Keep winning games. Finish the season strong. This is clearly not a playoff team so rankings are pointless.

Advertisement
images.jpeg

Enough said

This is why I said Miami wouldn't win a "computer metric" battle against Notre Dame if we both finish with one loss. All these computers have a built in bias against Miami since the BCS days.

What kind of computer program is it that could possibly rank an 0-2 team? I mean they literally have not won a game, how does the math add up to a ranking without some kind of arbitrary human input???
Before the big10 even started playing, they had Indiana ranked at 24. Right behind 4-1 Miami

Advertisement
Like someone above mentioned, "Garbage in, garbage out." It's not the computers, its the input guys, just letting the computer cover up their bias. To be fair though, until this team wins an efficient, crisp, mistake-free game, we aint lighting up the anyone's hard-ons.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anytime someone pays us any mind, we trip over our ****s. Finish the season strong, sign a great class and then do it again next season. After that, if we aren't being given any respect, start a war.

I second.. F@€k espn, these ppl hate The U so we All know they won't show us love.. But Miami has to prove it and beat some solid teams.. Besides ND a few years back, our Canes have chokes in every meaningful game (and FSU doesn't count)...

Advertisement
Back