46 seconds 3 timeouts before halftime

I think Richt has kept much of his offense in the pocket and he's not going to show it until he has to. unless he wants to put it out there for strategic reasons.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I disagree with most of you. 3 timeouts and a bunch of receivers that can make up yardage quick. 2 td lead is not much at all (I mean they could have easily come back today had a couple 50/50 plays went their way). If you can't trust your third year starter not to throw a pick six, we may have a bigger problem.

I also do not coach for a living so there's that.

THIS^^^^

Me Neither

I think Richt has kept much of his offense in the pocket and he's not going to show it until he has to. unless he wants to put it out there for strategic reasons.

This assumes that the only plays Richt could have or would have run in that situation were some never before seen plays out of some exotic formation. He couldn't line up and run any number of plays that have been in his playbook for years that attack a GT weakness or relies on UM players to out-athlete the guy across from them?

I'm not buying into this theory that Richt has some super secret play book that he is just waiting to unleash. We've been hearing that for 4 weeks now. It was plausible when we were playing FCS teams but Ga Tech is an ACC opponent and no pushover. I don't see why he would hold anything back. I'm starting to think he is just basically an "establish the run and take what the defense gives you" type of play caller. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I really want to see him get the ball to Richards, Coley, Herndon, and Njoku more, and stop forcing the run when it's not there.

Last edited:
I'm not buying into this theory that Richt has some super secret play book that he is just waiting to unleash. We've been hearing that for 4 weeks now. It was plausible when we were playing FCS teams but Ga Tech is an ACC opponent and no pushover. I don't see why he would hold anything back. I'm starting to think he is just basically an "establish the run and take what the defense gives you" type of play caller. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I really want to see him get the ball to Richards, Coley, Herndon, and Njoku more, and stop forcing the run when it's not there.

Yeah, I've never heard this about other teams, not sure why it'd be true of Richt. There was never a point where the game looked like it was getting away, but it seems foolish to gamble like that against a conference rival. Or really anybody. I just think he wants to pick teams apart with short stuff if possible.

Advertisement

Yeah, I've never heard this about other teams, not sure why it'd be true of Richt. There was never a point where the game looked like it was getting away, but it seems foolish to gamble like that against a conference rival. Or really anybody. I just think he wants to pick teams apart with short stuff if possible.
Maybe you guys are right. I guess I'd just like to think that there's a more open and explosive part of his playbook. We shall see.

What was the score in the Clemson game when Dabo went for a TD with about the same time left in the 1st half? Pretty sure they were ahead by a couple scores.

There was never a point in that game that Miami wasn't in control. In fact, the only time GT applied in pressure Miami responded with 3 plays that moved down the field quickly for the score. We haven't had one moment this season that we weren't in control.

Maybe you guys are right. I guess I'd just like to think that there's a more open and explosive part of his playbook. We shall see.

I guess it depends on what you mean by opening up the playbook. I'm assuming that the routes are there, he's just sticking with the easy stuff because teams are giving it to us. I also assumed that people meant Richt had a set of completely different formations and plays for when **** got real. Either way, we haven't seen kayaa go downfield all that much and I'm sure that's by design.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back