4* WR and 4* basketball player Keon Coleman decommits from Kansas

Advertisement
If he hasnt visited us and havend had a visit by miami football recruiters the loophole is still open.
Just needs to be recruited for basketball alone.

You haven't read the rules in 20 years.

Loophole closed.

Walk-ons can receive a football scholarship, without counting as a football IC, after 1 year.

Scholarship athletes on non-football teams can receive a football scholarship. without counting as a football IC, after 2 years.

The "non-recruit" issue is valid for blueshirts, which just delays the IC count for one year (i.e., if we enroll a blueshirt for Fall 2021, he counts to Fall 2022).

Advertisement
Kansas has someone on staff with Louisiana connections that gets those kids to commit early only to lose them when the season starts.
they have a new orleans area hc on staff. EVERY year they get early commits from numerous new orleans kids.

This kid is the goods and i wish we would get a foot in the N.O. ....UNLIKE Kansas i think we would hold on to our no guys

they have a new orleans area hc on staff. EVERY year they get early commits from numerous new orleans kids.

This kid is the goods and i wish we would get a foot in the N.O. ....UNLIKE Kansas i think we would hold on to our no guys
I think NOLA/Louisiana area should be our 2nd most recruited area after Florida obviously. Would love to take a few guys from there every single year.

1. SoFla/Florida
2. NOLA/Louisiana
3. DFW/Houston area metros
4. Atlanta metro
5. Northeast (NJ/NY/DC area)

I think NOLA/Louisiana area should be our 2nd most recruited area after Florida obviously. Would love to take a few guys from there every single year.

1. SoFla/Florida
2. NOLA/Louisiana
4. Atlanta metro

Be prepared for a nutty porster to start screaming at you about taking SoFla "ballers" before we recruit out-of-state...

Advertisement

1. SoFla/Florida
2. NOLA/Louisiana
4. Atlanta metro
Thats my exact list i always bring up right there..that should be our recruiting grounds.

-Also on the year Norheast is down...go in to the 757 tidewater va area

Just wanted to input as a basketball guy, our 2021 class already has 3 guards, two of which are 6'4" athletes. We currently have 1 PG commit and 2 SG commits. We have 6 spots, and Larranaga also gave Franklin the green light to play basketball which idk if he counts as a scholly or not, but he's also a guard and fairly short at around 6'3". Our two senior centers leave after this year so our last few spots are basically guaranteed to go to big men. I don't know if he has a basketball spot for those assuming he does.

Thats my exact list i always bring up right there..that should be our recruiting grounds.

-Also on the year Norheast is down...go in to the 757 tidewater va area
yea Virginia/the Carolinas are loaded with talent but we've never really had success there. Clemson and the SEC have that area on lock.

if the Northeast is down, then I'd say go out West to Cali/Las Vegas and try to grab a guy or two. Miami still has some pull out in CA.

Advertisement
Just wanted to input as a basketball guy, our 2021 class already has 3 guards, two of which are 6'4" athletes. We currently have 1 PG commit and 2 SG commits. We have 6 spots, and Larranaga also gave Franklin the green light to play basketball which idk if he counts as a scholly or not, but he's also a guard and fairly short at around 6'3". Our two senior centers leave after this year so our last few spots are basically guaranteed to go to big men. I don't know if he has a basketball spot for those assuming he does.

I would point out something very simple. If he plays football in the first two years, he counts as a football IC. I am not suggesting we try to give him a basketball scholarship to evade the football IC limits. I am simply saying that, if this kid wants to play both sports, he could certainly do so at UM without having to count as a basketball scholarship (he would count as a roster spot, like a walk-on would).

lol worked out great with Daran Branch last year

Advertisement

Like Reggie Wayne!

Are you ******* kidding me?

First, we play in the ACC, the best basketball conference.

Second, the only coach that's even in Larranaga's class is Lon Kruger (and I remember Lon from when he coached The Gaytor).

USC is not good, Enfield has been there 6 years. South Carolina had one good Final Four year with Frank Martin (7 years) and have been .500 since. Oklahoma under Kruger (9 years) is probably the most comparable, and outside of the one Final Four, his results have been very similar to Larranaga's.

Until the NCAA wrecked us, Larranaga (9 years) won 20 or more games in 6 of his first 7 seasons. Compared to those other three coaches/programs, Miami has been the more consistent team, only lacking the ONE Final Four that Martin got at South Carolina and that Kruger got at Oklahoma.

USC - three 20-win seasons in six years under Enfield, two NCAA tourneys
South Carolina - two 20-win seasons in seven years under Martin, one NCAA tourney, one Final Four
Oklahoma - five 20-win seasons in nine years under Kruger, six NCAA tourneys, one Final Four, one Sweet Sixteen
Miami - six 20-win seasons in nine years under Larranaga, four NCAA tourneys, two Sweet Sixteens, one NIT Finals

The only thing separating Larranaga from Kruger record-wise would be 2 more wins in one NCAA tourney (i.e., getting to a Final Four).

Recruiting Rankings
2021 - USC (16th, 4 recruits, 3.5 average star ranking), Miami (23rd, 3 recruits, 3.67 average star ranking), South Carolina (48th, 3 recruits, 3.0 average star ranking), Oklahoma (53rd, 2 recruits, 3.5 average star ranking)

The only school to have a comparable football-basketball combo is Oklahoma. And Oklahoma just fell out of the Top 25 in football.
And USC has been purchasing 5 star talents and still not winning big

Advertisement
Back