4* WR and 4* basketball player Keon Coleman decommits from Kansas

Advertisement
Pretty sure we offered him a while back.

Extremely talented kid who had some weird finalists before he ultimately chose Kansas. I do not see how we would have the room but **** sure wouldnt be upset to see us try, kid is a freak talent. Basketball is pretty big for him though, or atleast it was at one point hence why he chose Kansas. Don’t know who the contenders are now.

Advertisement
Pretty sure we offered him a while back.

Extremely talented kid who had some weird finalists before he ultimately chose Kansas. I do not see how we would have the room but **** sure wouldnt be upset to see us try, kid is a freak talent. Basketball is pretty big for him though, or atleast it was at one point hence why he chose Kansas. Don’t know who the contenders are now.
Miami offered him back in April.

USC, South Carolina & Oklahoma are the top schools after him & why he decommitted.

Advertisement
Thanks. I dont even know why he toyed with KU like that. Focus on the pigskin kid. I know we aren’t involved unfortunately but someone will get an extreme talent at WR. FSU thinks they are in it lol.
Kansas has someone on staff with Louisiana connections that gets those kids to commit early only to lose them when the season starts.

Do you know how much the basketball program will play a role? Including those three, I would imagine that Miami has the best combo of football and basketball.
What about Miami basketball makes you think they’re better than those 3 schools?

Advertisement
Advertisement
What about Miami basketball makes you think they’re better than those 3 schools?

Are you ******* kidding me?

First, we play in the ACC, the best basketball conference.

Second, the only coach that's even in Larranaga's class is Lon Kruger (and I remember Lon from when he coached The Gaytor).

USC is not good, Enfield has been there 6 years. South Carolina had one good Final Four year with Frank Martin (7 years) and have been .500 since. Oklahoma under Kruger (9 years) is probably the most comparable, and outside of the one Final Four, his results have been very similar to Larranaga's.

Until the NCAA wrecked us, Larranaga (9 years) won 20 or more games in 6 of his first 7 seasons. Compared to those other three coaches/programs, Miami has been the more consistent team, only lacking the ONE Final Four that Martin got at South Carolina and that Kruger got at Oklahoma.

USC - three 20-win seasons in six years under Enfield, two NCAA tourneys
South Carolina - two 20-win seasons in seven years under Martin, one NCAA tourney, one Final Four
Oklahoma - five 20-win seasons in nine years under Kruger, six NCAA tourneys, one Final Four, one Sweet Sixteen
Miami - six 20-win seasons in nine years under Larranaga, four NCAA tourneys, two Sweet Sixteens, one NIT Finals

The only thing separating Larranaga from Kruger record-wise would be 2 more wins in one NCAA tourney (i.e., getting to a Final Four).

Recruiting Rankings
2021 - USC (16th, 4 recruits, 3.5 average star ranking), Miami (23rd, 3 recruits, 3.67 average star ranking), South Carolina (48th, 3 recruits, 3.0 average star ranking), Oklahoma (53rd, 2 recruits, 3.5 average star ranking)

The only school to have a comparable football-basketball combo is Oklahoma. And Oklahoma just fell out of the Top 25 in football.

Advertisement
Back