4 Star WR Romello Brinson commits to Miami

Advertisement
He's no AR let's pump the brakes......AR was fast af. This kid good though
Ar wasn’t looked as a speed guy per say in highschool. I think He ran a 4.68 in one of his last 2 years verified at the Nike opening but he got significantly faster once getting to college. Regardless Brinson is not slow at all and has more than enough speed for a receiver with his frame. He moves very coordinated for a 6’3 receiver
The 3rd clip shows his suddenness imo

also remember LSU reporters raving about brinson last year at one of their camps in the summer. He’s a stud

Ar wasn’t looked as a speed guy per say in highschool. I think He ran a 4.68 in one of his last 2 years verified at the Nike opening but he got significantly faster once getting to college. Brinson is not slow at all
AR was flying out there that's why Saban threw the tank at him.....Saban don't go hard late for a kid unless the kids a monster. He may flirt to show other schools his fake hand but during closing he went balls out for AR. AR did not look as fast in HS then when he came to UM.....it's insane that he was still doing HS highlights vs D1 kids....those types are phenoms it's what made UM what it was back in the day. Amazing talent AR was and will always be a Cane in my eyes

Richards went 4.51 in his Sr year - a bit slower than Mullins (4.48) and a bit faster than Bruce (4.53).

The best WR from each of the 3 counties, but it didn't turn out so well.

Probably mid 4.4s when he was at Miami.

The only thing that kept him out of the 1st round was the neck injury - which seemed to spread like the Wuhan virus when Wrecked was the HC.

Ar wasn’t looked as a speed guy per say in highschool. I think He ran a 4.68 in one of his last 2 years verified at the Nike opening but he got significantly faster once getting to college. Regardless Brinson is not slow at all and has more than enough speed for a receiver with his frame. He moves very coordinated for a 6’3 receiver
The 3rd clip shows his suddenness imo

also remember LSU reporters raving about brinson last year at one of their camps in the summer. He’s a stud

Advertisement
Richards went 4.51 in his Sr year - a bit slower than Mullins (4.48) and a bit faster than Bruce (4.53).

The best WR from each of the 3 counties, but it didn't turn out so well.

Probably mid 4.4s when he was at Miami.

The only thing that kept him out of the 1st round was the neck injury - which seemed to spread like the Wuhan virus when Wrecked was the HC.
He was running like a 4.38 or 4.4 out there in college .......that play vs Virginia was so amazing cause I knew no other wr we had could split dbs and run across the grain like that. He made Antonio Crawford look slow af and he could run as well. Sometimes there are kids who just play super fast and he was one of them.

Interesting to compare Richards to Brinson, having seen both players play live, this is my humble take. Brinson has better hands, but Richards is one of the fastest players to ever play for the Hurricanes. I don’t know what Richards 40 time was, but he was the only Canes WR that I have seen in the last 15 years who completely changed the opponents defense. Richards was a legitimate threat to score any time or anywhere he touched the ball on the fieled.

Brinson definitely has sprinter straight line speed. When Northwestern was 5-5, Brinson often made big plays on offense when his team needed it And they went on a roll to win the state championship. Brinson is a playmaker for sure.

Brinson was definitely a game-changer at Northwestern the last two seasons, playing against future FBS CBs, but Richards consistently did that against ACC CBs, and he was a game changer in the Camping World Bowl in Orlando, a much higher level of competition. It actually took Kaaya and CMR at least 4-5 games into the regular season for them to figure out that Richards, not Coley, was the game changer. If Richards had remained healthy, I believe he would have been the highest Canes WR drafted since André Johnson. Brinson has a lot of work to do to reach that level.

at this point, Brinson is making plays off of talent and being better than his competition. Brinson will need to put in the work with Lashlee and Likens, but this spread offense is very similar to what Brinson thrived in in high school. I think Brinson has the potential to be an elite receiver, but right now it’s only unrealized potential
I don’t find it a coincidence that our record went to crap after we lost AR15. He was a game changer.

Advertisement
Interesting to compare Richards to Brinson, having seen both players play live, this is my humble take. Brinson has better hands, but Richards is one of the fastest players to ever play for the Hurricanes. I don’t know what Richards 40 time was, but he was the only Canes WR that I have seen in the last 15 years who completely changed the opponents defense. Richards was a legitimate threat to score any time or anywhere he touched the ball on the fieled.

Brinson definitely has sprinter straight line speed. When Northwestern was 5-5, Brinson often made big plays on offense when his team needed it And they went on a roll to win the state championship. Brinson is a playmaker for sure.

Brinson was definitely a game-changer at Northwestern the last two seasons, playing against future FBS CBs, but Richards consistently did that against ACC CBs, and he was a game changer in the Camping World Bowl in Orlando, a much higher level of competition. It actually took Kaaya and CMR at least 4-5 games into the regular season for them to figure out that Richards, not Coley, was the game changer. If Richards had remained healthy, I believe he would have been the highest Canes WR drafted since André Johnson. Brinson has a lot of work to do to reach that level.

at this point, Brinson is making plays off of talent and being better than his competition. Brinson will need to put in the work with Lashlee and Likens, but this spread offense is very similar to what Brinson thrived in in high school. I think Brinson has the potential to be an elite receiver, but right now it’s only unrealized potential
When speaking about Richards, you speak the absolute truth.

Perhaps, but ... C'mon man!

commitment excitement post - yes

what part is perhaps?

1 - I believe he is the best WR in the team once he step foot in Greentree
2 - 1st rounder (impossible to know and ) but he has the physical traits to be drafted early
3 - a ring - yes I am in the optimistic side of the posters here. I am a big Lashlee/Justice/Likens believer. I think we have a great season this year which will lock one of our best recruiting class in years to be added to a great class last year. Then I think in 2021/2022 we recruit great again and we have the bodies and experience at OL with studs RBs and WRs... and we will be elite then. QB will the key to get the ring

yes huge Questions marks, IFs and best possible scenario but possible man

Advertisement
Don't let @Paranos see this....He'll say they're Anorexic.....

Very true those chicks need a pulled meat of their choice sandwich!
208_450.gif

tumblr_mpaj9fpJ011rte461o2_500+kendra+kouture.gif

Go Canes

commitment excitement post - yes

what part is perhaps?

1 - I believe he is the best WR in the team once he step foot in Greentree
2 - 1st rounder (impossible to know and ) but he has the physical traits to be drafted early
3 - a ring - yes I am in the optimistic side of the posters here. I am a big Lashlee/Justice/Likens believer. I think we have a great season this year which will lock one of our best recruiting class in years to be added to a great class last year. Then I think in 2021/2022 we recruit great again and we have the bodies and experience at OL with studs RBs and WRs... and we will be elite then. QB will the key to get the ring

yes huge Questions marks, IFs and best possible scenario but possible man
The "perhaps" part is his length and catch radius. The " C'mon man" part is lack of elite speed.

Advertisement

The "perhaps" part is his length and catch radius. The " C'mon man" part is lack of elite speed.

I believe he is 4.4 guy quoted by his coach and will be faster once he get stronger. We will see

My favorite wr recruit is jacolby george when watching his tape you just keep noticing he pulls away from defenders.

There were people on both our boards and bamas boards questioning AR’s speed.
Long striders give the appearance of slow despite not being caught. AR was also a very smooth efficient runner.
Romello has some highlights where most dudes would absolutely get caught. There are a few plays that he scores on a screen pass and the defenders are in a great position to tackle him. Those are the type of plays you expect a small slot guy or a running back like rooster to score and not a guy his size. He cuts and explodes away from backers and corners that have good angles. That sht you don’t find everyday on a 6’2 junior. His body control and high pointing are also elite. Easy no question a top 10 receiver nationally imo.

Advertisement
Back