4-star QB McLaughlin building relationship with Lashlee, talks AU decommitment

sort of.

it's Garrett Nussmeier first, without question. then I agree with you. it's one of miller moss, mclaughlin, colten gauthier, ty thompson, all in the mix for the spot if nussmeier tells us he's no longer interested. (and most likely, you'll see a couple more offers in the fall from guys we haven't heard of yet, assuming, of course, nussmeier isn't locked up at some point.

Nussmeier is announcing in two months and hasn't visited yet.

Advertisement
Atlanta is growing so quickly that I didn't even know there was a Denmark High in Alpharetta (really Forsyth County). And I've only lived in Sandy Springs (north Atlanta) for over 18 years.
Had to look it up. The school has only been open since 2016 and has 1900 students! So they are playing high level competition.
Denmark is only in it's 2nd year (going into 3rd year). They hired a good staff in most sports.

The kid has a gun. He can threaten the entire field.
Pros :
Arm strength
Accuracy
Athleticism
Good touch on some difficult throws
Can make plays off-script

Negatives:
Holds the ball far too long
Stares down his receivers
Doesn't secure ball while scrambling
Only does half-field reads right now

This kid is a good fit for the scheme but he will need time to develop and learn how to execute full-field reads. He has good upside and physical tools you can't teach. He just needs time to develop so a good QB coach is vital for his development but that's every QB.
Biggest knock I have on him right now is NOT his fault. He transferred to Denmark who has played a weak schedule overall. Nothing he can do about that; you play who is on your schedule. On the upside, he has played 7v7 with some absolute studs and has excelled, for whatever that is worth.

Advertisement
🤔

363CB14A-2D67-4ED5-82C0-7831F01E4757.jpeg

Elite athlete at qb

Advertisement
Y’all need to stop. He isn’t a TE. If he goes 30 to 5 ratio at the new school he’s at then he’ll be bumped to a 5*.

Advertisement
Apparently his on the field throwing performance didn’t match his athletic testing numbers today, lol. This is according to Ivins who spoke to the guys covering the event and were there. Plus athlete, elite size, big arm, but still too many question marks w this kid. Texas QBs, get me one.

Advertisement
You can always tell the rookies in the recruiting game. They get swamp panties over gym short testing numbers for QBs.

This guy is another prototype athlete with dopes looking for excuses for his mediocre play at QB.

Get me a great QB. I don’t necessarily care how high he jumps. I’m not looking to throw him alley oops.

Y’all need to stop acting like he’s trash. He’s got a 2 1/2 to 1 TD:INT ratio with an finals invite to the Elite 11 after camping and running through QB drills . So the guy sucks at 7 v. 7 and camps so what? Y’all worship 7 v. 7 superstars like Mark Pope and they bust at schools all the time because that **** doesn’t translate. Macho already said when he played them he felt that he had no legit talent around him. Stop listening to camp experts and start watching film. Y’all be out here taking Ja’Marcus Russell over Aaron Rodgers because his combine was better.

Not as down on this kid as most. I see a lot his "holding the ball" as a byproduct of the offense (a lot of downfield, long-developing routes). Theres a lot of impressive throws in this sophomore film. Throws quick when it's open, buys time when it isn't. Can threaten every part of the field.

Would be happy with a commitment. Would still look for another QB to compete though.

Advertisement
Back