4 Star qb Kai Locksley visiting UM

Advertisement
Pretty much locked in to Maryland maybe one of the visits change his mind. If the staff gets fired then things get interesting

Pretty much locked in to Maryland maybe one of the visits change his mind. If the staff gets fired then things get interesting

I know his dad is either on the staff or works at the school in some capacity but if Maryland struggles again this season I can see Edsall and others being gone. People trash our end to the season but Maryland lost to a much worse team then we did

Advertisement
Some kids don't want to be coached by their parent, and vice versa.

VH 3...

Oh yes............ another is that qb that went to USC back in the day late 80s early 90s Todd Marenavich. His dad was his coach and made him an all world HS qb like a legend but he hated working/playing for him and it was documented on ESPNs 30 for 30 so its one of thoise situations that seems so obvious for a kid to go there but he doesnt go for personal reasons

Advertisement

Agreed. Just saying the odds don't exactly favor it. Would be great if Golden negative recruited the **** out of Maryland to the kid. "You wanna play in THAT offense? You know that staff is about to be fired, right? So, what does your dad do for a living?"

Agreed. Just saying the odds don't exactly favor it. Would be great if Golden negative recruited the **** out of Maryland to the kid. "You wanna play in THAT offense? You know that staff is about to be fired, right? So, what does your dad do for a living?"
Tbh, his dad may negatively recruit more then anybody because if he feels that he/that staff is on the chopping block he'll make it clear whats going on. Understand he wont allow his kid to sign with Maryland just for him to get fired and have his son stuck there in a difficult situation

Tbh, his dad may negatively recruit more then anybody because if he feels that he/that staff is on the chopping block he'll make it clear whats going on. Understand he wont allow his kid to sign with Maryland just for him to get fired and have his son stuck there in a difficult situation

Good point. Guess it might come down to if pops is more about an attempt at self-preservation or putting his kid in the best spot. Like the previous poster said, Maryland is going to be a perennial doormat. Such a stupid move by that conference too. I wonder if the Under Armour factor played a part because Maryland hoops ain't exactly what they once were and Rutgers absolutely doesnt = NYC tv ratings.

Advertisement
1.jpg:large

I heard his dad doesn't want him at Maryland. (it would be impossible to recruit future QBs if his son is on the team and he is QB coach)

Advertisement
I heard his dad doesn't want him at Maryland. (it would be impossible to recruit future QBs if his son is on the team and he is QB coach)

Actually a great point you've made and very realistic. No qbs will believe it and the negative recruiting will be at an EPIC RATE and its bad enough that they suck but imagine this

247 and Scout are reporting that Miami offered Locksley during his visit on Saturday.

@locksnloaded_3: So blessed, this is the life I always dreamed of living, with opportunities I've strived for. Now I'm here, and it's just the beginning!💯😈🙌

Much of the 2015 QB talk has revolved around Gibson and Wimbush, which is obviously understandable. But I'd put Locksley right there with Wimbush as someone I'd be very happy to get if we're unable to win the uphill battle for Gibson. Great size, impressive athlete, quick release, and a good arm. The ball placement on the first throw in that highlight clip >>>.

Advertisement
Back