4-star QB Brown recaps UM visit ahead of Friday announcement

View as article
This kid's floor is Patrick Mahomes.. He's a faster version of Lamar Jackson.. Josh Allen but with a bigger arm.. Russell Wilson but with more poise. Cam Newton's frame but way better.. pocket presence of Aaron Rodgers. He has all the pillars..

Wow .. sounds like he should be getting ready for the combine instead of UM.

Advertisement
This kid's floor is Patrick Mahomes.. He's a faster version of Lamar Jackson.. Josh Allen but with a bigger arm.. Russell Wilson but with more poise. Cam Newton's frame but way better.. pocket presence of Aaron Rodgers. He has all the pillars..
Sounds like he's ready for canton

He's got all the tools PLUS the character intangibles. Sure, he's not a polished passer yet, but that's why we have coaches. Kid is a no-brainer in my opinion.

He will end up being a 6'4" 225 lb dual threat QB - you know, the prototypical DT QB that Taint gets and makes annual playoff runs with.

Get this kid.

Advertisement
He’s raw. He may never be a great passer but his natural abilities are off the charts. He’s not one of those high school QBs who’s been working with private coaches since he was 13 like most blue chip guys. If he can be developed into an “average” college passer he’ll be a dangerous weapon. At the very least he brings a different skill set to the QB room than what we have with the current guys. He’s a South Georgia kid from an area where there’s a lot of guys who can play so getting our foot in the door there is big. It also helps to lock down our QB recruit for ‘22 early so we can get some skill guys to jump on the train. Especially since we’re going to be going out of the area for skill guys this year. Great pickup and an exciting player who seems like he’s got a good head on his shoulders

He’s raw. He may never be a great passer but his natural abilities are off the charts. He’s not one of those high school QBs who’s been working with private coaches since he was 13 like most blue chip guys. If he can be developed into an “average” college passer he’ll be a dangerous weapon. At the very least he brings a different skill set to the QB room than what we have with the current guys. He’s a South Georgia kid from an area where there’s a lot of guys who can play so getting our foot in the door there is big. It also helps to lock down our QB recruit for ‘22 early so we can get some skill guys to jump on the train. Especially since we’re going to be going out of the area for skill guys this year. Great pickup and an exciting player who seems like he’s got a good head on his shoulders

Exactly.

For some reason, the board loves to traffic in oversimplification and myths. I'm not sure why "a high school junior with one-sub-50% passing season can never be coached up to become more accurate" became a thing, but it did. That myth has been perpetuated by the same batch of QB experts who confidently told us, just 12 months ago, how Garcia was not athletic enough to run Lashlee's offense.

And don't even get me started about how many QB coaches are just lining up to do pro bono work for a black kid in a single-parent home in rural Georgia who has to go out and mow the grass at Piggly Wiggly and Waffle House to get enough money to put gas in his car and keep his cell phone service active.

Let's see how Elite 11 goes, let's see how his senior year goes, and let's see if we can't get him to the UM campus in 9 months for some serious coaching.

So would that then be the opposite since the QB that keeps winning in the NFL is a statue.

Although I would take Mahomes over anyone in the NFL right now including the two statues (Brady and Rogers).
I’m confused as to why you’re speaking on the NFL. My post mentioned nothing about the pros.

Advertisement
He's got all the tools PLUS the character intangibles. Sure, he's not a polished passer yet, but that's why we have coaches. Kid is a no-brainer in my opinion.

He will end up being a 6'4" 225 lb dual threat QB - you know, the prototypical DT QB that Taint gets and makes annual playoff runs with.

Get this kid.

Exactly.

With this commit, I'm happy as a puppy with two peeders.

I’m confused as to why you’re speaking on the NFL. My post mentioned nothing about the pros.
Yeah I should have worded it as a question. My bad

I was curious what you though on NFL and if we're headed to a dual threat QB league.

Advertisement
Back