4 Star PF Matt Cross commits

I can easily see Matt Cross getting into it with the coaching staff over the way he's being used. Matt is a competitor and isn't the type of kid who's afraid to speak his mind.

i can see Cross getting in a dustup with the staff. In these type of situations usually the kid enters the portal first but maybe L beat him to the punch? Coach L does not seem like he would care to dismiss a freshman, which he recruited for two years, after said player informed L of a potential transfer. Kid would have had to been truly disrespectful in that scenario

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Yes there has to be more to the story we may never know but Jesus tapdancing Christ what the **** else can happen this season?

Need a new coach. Program in flames. I don’t bother watching anymore but everytime I look, they get throttled in the box score. No excitement and clearly very little talent with this program. Doesn’t really matter what happened with this kid, another bad look regardless. Blow it up and start from scratch

Advertisement
Can't have injuries next year if you simply don't have players.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Is it time for Coach L to go? His last 3 years have been much less than acceptable! This dismissal doesn't sound right, and Coach L's explanation has been down right poor.

After three years without a tournament appearance, the seat should be warm. I'd bet the powers that be won't consider it unless next year is similar.

Advertisement
Is it time for Coach L to go? His last 3 years have been much less than acceptable! This dismissal doesn't sound right, and Coach L's explanation has been down right poor.

Has to be time. As has been documented on here ad nauseum... poor roster management, lack of development, lack of accountability, poor recruiting in key spots, and - most importantly - an absolutely brutal record over the course of a few years. He has to go. He's not having fun like he used to. He's visibly different and the team ******* sucks. The decision really couldn't be any easier for Blake James but lord knows there's no reason to have faith in him either.

how the **** do you reach THAT conclusion from what has been posted?
Because it happened pretty quick, usually stuff like thiis is pretty clear to see coming(i.e. Brian Hightower). However, Matt has started and pretty mych been exceling. Im just not sure why he would want to transfer this quickly.

Advertisement
Truly bizarre. No idea what he did to get booted off of the team if he didn’t commit a violation.
Assuming Barry is right that there were no major violations, I suppose it could have been a number of minor violations that accumulated over time. It’s definitely weird though. Hopefully the full story comes out eventually.

Advertisement
Finally heard what Coach L was ****ed at. Matt came out again in Tally with shoes that didn't match. Boss said go put on 2 shoes same color or you are benched. Matt said: IDGAF.

Sources say they knew something was aFoot when Matt didn't cheer or anything when Walker finally sunk 2 FTs.

View attachment 142052
If this report is true, I'd have kicked the kid off the team too. Then again, why did things get to this point?

yes time to ******* go for sure. Enough already. This is the same bull**** all the time with him. Can't keep a **** roster of players. And Cross is like the perfect type of miami recruit. Good enough to improve over multiple years and not good enough to go pro.

Advertisement
Back