4-star OL Denis lining up official visits, sets decision date

Got to like our chances with that competition. Is he a December early commit and January EE?

Advertisement
If we get an OV, I think we'll get the commit.

Oregon is a wildcard because they really know how to wow kids that visit up there, but as long as we get the last OV I think he's ours for now.

My concern with him has always been FSU, looks like they're not after him as of now though.
Couldn’t pick a dumber fit than to join FSU the year after they took 15 OL and no skill position players.

If we get an OV, I think we'll get the commit.

Oregon is a wildcard because they really know how to wow kids that visit up there, but as long as we get the last OV I think he's ours for now.

My concern with him has always been FSU, looks like they're not after him as of now though.

Which explains all you need to know about FSU.

This kid is worth taking, by pretty much anybody.

Advertisement
Probably stanford. Haven't followed his recruitment but seen some people saying that's the offer he wanted.
It's a pretty big leap to go from definitively saying he won't come here vs I heard some say Stanford is the offer he covets. He is highly interested in Stanford, on an OV to Ga Tech this weekend but don't forget his former teammate Larry Hodges just signed with us and our academics aren't too shabby either. We have a good shot with this kid since he's not after bags or clout.

It's a pretty big leap to go from definitively saying he won't come here vs I heard some say Stanford is the offer he covets. He is highly interested in Stanford, on an OV to Ga Tech this weekend but don't forget his former teammate Larry Hodges just signed with us and our academics aren't too shabby either. We have a good shot with this kid since he's not after bags or clout.
It aint hard to see he aint coming here. He was favoring usc at first and now stanford. Hodges has no effect on him.

It aint hard to see he aint coming here. He was favoring usc at first and now stanford. Hodges has no effect on him.
The one I can't see coming here is Walker. Beating out Standord in a head to head battle shouldn't be daunting but we'll see how it plays out.

The one I can't see coming here is Walker. Beating out Standord in a head to head battle shouldn't be daunting but we'll see how it plays out.
Excellent academics at Stanford in addition to being a decent team in a weak conference. Not hard to see the appeal for some kids.

Advertisement
Smith Denis Rivers and 2 more tackles. Hope we get Walker but as I said don’t think we get him.

Apparently Rivers is more of a Guard than a Tackle.

Yeah but word is Rivers feet and bend might be better than when we got big Donaldson in here.. I think he can be a great RT who can maybe play LT later on

But yes if worse comes to worse he can be an all-acc or even better guard

Advertisement
Advertisement

I am a die hard cane, but your on some serious drugs if you think Miami vs Stanford isn't a daunting mountain to overcome for a recruit who is seriously academics first. Miami is ranked as a Top 50 institution ( literally tied for 50th with a few other schools) where as Stanford is usually top 3 or 4.

Link to US News 2019 Top 50 Universities

If we land 2020 OT Connor McLaughlin it will be because he wanted to stay close to home and the NFL coaching from Coach Barry.

Go Canes

When did he post a top schools list ?
247 has it as a iowa and stanford battle. He hasn't visited here but has taken unofficials to iowa and will be at stanford on a unofficial on the 19th. Took a ov to iowa last week and is on a ov to gt this weekend. There is a reason you haven't seen his name linked to miami at all. There has been no talk of him visiting unofficially or official.

I am a die hard cane, but your on some serious drugs if you think Miami vs Stanford isn't a daunting mountain to overcome for a recruit who is seriously academics first. Miami is ranked as a Top 50 institution ( literally tied for 50th with a few other schools) where as Stanford is usually top 3 or 4.

If we land 2020 OT Connor McLaughlin it will be because he wanted to stay close to home and the NFL coaching from Coach Barry.

Go Canes
I consider bama or clemson daunting personally, but I couldn't hate one bit for a kid putting school first and choosing Stanford. With that said as a Cane fan I'll never automatically concede a high value prospect to Stanford football.

Go Canes
Miami in the last 10 years has gone from the 30’s to the 50’s. That’s not good at all. The U at this rate, will be FSU in 10 more years. What’s going on with that?

Advertisement
Back