4-star OL Denis lining up official visits, sets decision date

I dont see the need for another guard. We have scaife,hillirey,Donaldson, reed,traore. And those are pure guards also have jakai Clarke. And the we are bring in Antonio smith who plays center and guard

Those guys will all be at least juniors by 2020. Some expect Donaldson to leave early. You need some balance within classes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Denis is 100% a take.

And we absolutely need as many OL's as we can get at both Guard & Tackle.

We have a bunch of unproven bodies on the OL that still haven't contributed yet & need a total infusion of talent to force the guys we already got to step & continue to improve. You can never have enough OL's.

Denis isn't small either, he's just not a typical fat chubby kid that we're used to seeing in HS linemen. He's a legit 6'3 285lbs & in a proper S&C program will no doubt bulk up past the 300-315lbs range.

Versatile lineman that plays both Guard/Tackle & can project as a Center on the next level as well (he's a G/C in college). Has very good footwork & is an athletic lineman running a 4.7 shuttle, also has good finish ability on his blocks.

A composite 4-star (star ***** lol) from what should be a feeder school for us in South Dade (he was origninally at Keys Gate), is a no brainer take. You only pass on him if he's playing games & doesn't commit on his OV to us. He'll be announcing his commitment on August 9th, so whenever we get the OV we either need a 100% assurance it'll be us or put the pressure on to speed up the announcement the day after he visits.

I like Khris Love too & would take in this class as well, but no way you dump Denis unless you know he's not coming.

Advertisement
You feel more comfortable with herbert starting? Campbell?

Yeah, I do. Expecting a true freshman to handle business in first game action against Uf is asking a lot. Even if it was Evan Neal. Scaife should be our starting LT. Might change throughout the year, but the last thing we need to start the game is our left tackle getting smoked and a whiplash sack strip fumble.

Yeah, I do. Expecting a true freshman to handle business in first game action against Uf is asking a lot. Even if it was Evan Neal. Scaife should be our starting LT. Might change throughout the year, but the last thing we need to start the game is our left tackle getting smoked and a whiplash sack strip fumble.
I mean herbert and campbell have never played. And i don't know why you are more comfortable with them when a undersized true freshman came in and started taking snaps from them.

Advertisement
I mean herbert and campbell have never played. And i don't know why you are more comfortable with them when a undersized true freshman came in and started taking snaps from them.

Every year there’s freshman fantasies. Freshmen are gonna take everyone’s jobs. Herbert has been here two years and Campbell one. Both were high rated kids. Zion gonna be written off if he doesn’t start this year and then Rivers is gonna start at tackle his true freshman year right?

Things will shake out in fall camp.

Every year there’s freshman fantasies. Freshmen are gonna take everyone’s jobs. Herbert has been here two years and Campbell one. Both were high rated kids. Zion gonna be written off if he doesn’t start this year and then Rivers is gonna start at tackle his true freshman year right?

Things will shake out in fall camp.
I'm going by what happened on the field. And on the field nelson jumped herbert and campbell. And they really wasn't ranked all that high.

Herbert and Campbell need to bring it, and all day long when Fall camp begins late July. Otherwise, Zion is going to keep rising and could see his way into the starters role at LT Week 0. As to Denis, I like the staff is going after him and agree - if he OV’s before August 9th have him shut it down and make it official already.

Advertisement
Denis will commit to Mirabel and Oregon. Mirabel has been recruiting him for a long time now.

Then for the class of 2020 it's all "Love" for Miami.
D9cYoBGXYAYQLtY

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back