4-star LB Bissainthe bonding with Aristide, eyeing future visits - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Gone and not making a visible return.

I was just curious, what was in there that was so objectionable that the thread had to be completely obliterated and no longer visible? I’m not questioning the decision, per se, just wondering what the offense was.

You’re wrong. And Maude’s and other posters know why that thread got disappeared and it literally wasn’t about Blissainthe. People know if I tell em something that I’m not just making it up. I was in the process of writing you a dm to explain it off the board a bit more but you don’t have the maturity for that so **** it.
Aye man fair enough

Advertisement
I'll make this simple. I believe that the "fallout" is greatly exaggerated.

I'm not a thread-bumper, but I can find plenty of posts from a year ago that were overly concerned with how dropping Savion Collins would impact Miami's recruiting class. Spoiler alert: it didn't.

And, yes, I realize that Bissainthe is "more talented". And I know that we want to maintain good relations with Central.

But compare the situation - last year, we were recruiting five Palmetto players, and the Palmetto coach was steering kids to UiF. UM got 2 of the 5, UiF got 2, and FIU got 1. And we didn't lose those 2 to UiF because of Savion Collins.

This year, we are not recruiting as many Central players and the Central coach is a UM alum.

I think all of the recruits know that recruiting is fluid, and that Bissainthe (and Lee) are playing games and got caught playing games.

Very fair points... Like I said earlier get Tolan and Jackson on the board and I think we'll know where he stands sooner rather than later.

Advertisement
Very fair points... Like I said earlier get Tolan and Jackson on the board and I think we'll know where he stands sooner rather than later.

It's all good, you know I respect your viewpoints.

Lots of people were worried about "how Dade would respond" when we didn't push as hard for Terrence Lewis last year. Zero impact on 2021 or 2022. We just seem to have one or two recruits every year who are supposed to destroy UM's future recruiting prospects if we don't sign them.

He’s been the best linebacker in dade since his sophomore year

Because he's the best LB in Dade, his actions make it clear he believes he's in the driver's seat with Miami, that he writes the script and Manny's staff has to kiss the ring. Manny has to decide at what point that becomes intolerable.

1. I'm willing to buy the "FSU coaches made me do it" argument, however half-assed the rest of his apology sounded.
2. I'm willing to buy the OVs to FSU and UF to keep his options open because the family prefers he stay in state. If he didn't have a guaranteed spot at Miami, of course he should take those visits. If he didn't trust UM coaches to honor their pledge to him, of course he should take those visits.

Except, he does have a guaranteed spot at Miami for the moment, and our coaches would absolutely honor his commitment. He could shut this down this instant if he wanted to. He could stop playing around and commit to Miami and be the ambassador for the program. Because, really, what else does he need to see about FSU and UF that make it worth dragging this out given the drama that he/FSU created?

IMHO, Patke will pull a Rumph unless he lands two other kids now and makes this kid expendable. Flip the script.

Advertisement
This week feels like it did back when politics was semi-allowed for a short while (or maybe just tolerated). Maudes, you're all WAY more patient than I would be. You're all doing Gaud's work imo.
How timely. It’s about to come to that again if a few of us have our way.

Did Thomas tell everyone silently he was a Cane? Did he throw the upside-down U? I actually felt Thomas was clear on his intentions all along that we were in his Top 5 but Plan B for him.
I dunno, just throwing a name out there that felt similar to me. Who ****ed in your Cheerios G?

Why ya all let a 17 year old kid get you so worked up? Odd to me. They are KIDS, they gonna do dumb stuff.

Joey Bosa Video GIF

Who do you like most on our LB board? I actually remember when @Lance Roffers was breaking down T2's film, he said something along the lines of T2 had great athletic ability but he didn't see him as high as others did and noted that #17 (wes) stood out more. At the time, he didn't know who he even was so i thought that was an interesting tidbit.
I haven't looked at the other guys yet tbh. I like Troy Bowles a lot but he doesn't seem to be a priority for whatever reason. He's an excellent coverage LB and plays with very sound fundamentals and awareness.

LBs aren't easy to find these days with the number of hats they have to wear against evolving spread offenses. That's why someone like Wes who has a high floor is so coveted.

I was a fan of T2's upside. He's twitchy and explosive and he can rotate his hips and change direction in coverage. There's an INT he made as a Senior where he was in off-man on a WR running a post-corner and he opened his hips inside flipped outside then broke on the ball. Wes would be stuck in cement if he had to do that. Sure T2 doesn't play with much discipline or technique but that's what coaching is for.

Advertisement
I think the problem with this is how is the staff going to prove that FSU coerced him. It's easy for us to say because that's what we want to believe but there's no legit proof.
Did anyone see it happening livestream on Instagram? Surely someone knows if he as pressured.

Did anyone see it happening livestream on Instagram? Surely someone knows if he as pressured.
This.... I think a lot of people were getting confused. For some of the old heads, instagram live vs. instagram are not the same things. He did not take a pic then post the pic, and to be on instagram live, someone is actively recording, hence the "live" aspect.

Clearly it was not him recording. It is his boy, or maybe an FSU staffer or a family member. I think it is safe to assume he knew he was being recorded but I guess it is possible he did not know he was on "live" at the moment before he made the gesture (unlikely but possible), you would think someone would have heard staffer's egging him on to do it.

Regardless, he did it, the FSU writer took a screen shot and posted it, all **** ensured, clearly Wes was ****ed because that writer deleted the tweet. No other reason the FSU guy deletes it unless it was hurting instead of helping Wes' recruitment.

What does it matter if it looks like he was coerced or not? They at least asked which is a total bush league thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back