4-star LB Bissainthe bonding with Aristide, eyeing future visits - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, you and others HAD every right to feel initially butt hurt. As I said. You can be as displeased as a toddler and who didn’t get a candy bar at the store and throw a tantrum in that moment...at some point the toddler gets over it.

There’s a reason you wanted to reset the discussion. You saw some the asinine comments that were being made.
The person who is butt hurt is you because you’re worked up and trying to dictate people’s feelings about it through mockery and bullying.

This part in bold is inaccurate. It has zero to do with the reason that thread was nuked and I’m not going to detail what occurred that caused that except to say that it was between posters.

I don’t think the comments have been so bad. A few scholly pullers, which I don’t agree with, but it’s their opinion and they have a right to it. I get why they’re mad. My opinions, mostly in that nuked thread, have been directed mostly at FSU coaches for encouraging the kid, and others for that matter, to do something which jeopardizes things they’ve worked for.

It’s a much more thought out view and commentary than your criticism of people who are unhappy about what he did.

Advertisement
See this is why I think Manny is going to play this as "politically" as possible.

I think Manny should flip this on FSU... How I would shape it?? I would hammer home the fact especially to mom that these "adult coaches/leaders" at FSU got your son to do something that was completely disrespectful and he was the one that had to answer for it, not them. They laughed it off.... these are supposed to be people that are going to advise, grow and help shape your son in the next 3-4 years.

We're all about business here and helping your son reach his full potential. We've recruited him hard for 2 years because we think he can come here and make a difference, while getting a top education and making his hometown and you proud. We don't do photo shoots disrespecting others, thats what insecure amateurs do. Just take a look at our young men who've been out in the community recently giving back to THEIR city.
I think the problem with this is how is the staff going to prove that FSU coerced him. It's easy for us to say because that's what we want to believe but there's no legit proof.

I mean it seemed to have already back fired on FSU. He left early and that entire board asked where he was and what did the mods say in response? Nothing. Why? The last thing they want to tell their fanbase was how UM made him leave early which even though it’s going unsaid we all know that’s what happened.
Apparently the whole family is upset with FSU staff because they made him do something that he wasnt comfortable with and he received backlash because of it.

See this is why I think Manny is going to play this as "politically" as possible.

I think Manny should flip this on FSU... How I would shape it?? I would hammer home the fact especially to mom that these "adult coaches/leaders" at FSU got your son to do something that was completely disrespectful and he was the one that had to answer for it, not them. They laughed it off.... these are supposed to be people that are going to advise, grow and help shape your son in the next 3-4 years.

We're all about business here and helping your son reach his full potential. We've recruited him hard for 2 years because we think he can come here and make a difference, while getting a top education and making his hometown and you proud. We don't do photo shoots disrespecting others, thats what insecure amateurs do. Just take a look at our young men who've been out in the community recently giving back to THEIR city, look at our graduation rates. Look at all our alumni who come and give back, give guidance. That's what we do here at the University of Miami
well said. Wouldn't surprise me if this is exactly the path Manny laid out. sounds alot like something he would say..

I think the problem with this is how is the staff going to prove that FSU coerced him. It's easy for us to say because that's what we want to believe but there's no legit proof.

First Id ask the kid straight up... did you want to do that or did they encourage you?

Id have to dive back into the thread which could take me awhile but I believe @Hoyacane1620 said FSU fans were talking about it on their board... also there is another poster who said this has been common practice for FSU. Again could be wrong, but I'll have to go back and find it.

Advertisement
To me, if Wes wanted in, he'd already be in. I honestly don't see why he would wait since we've been recruiting him for a couple years now and his top 2 are us and FSU.

Anyway, Patke knows his assignment. Get 2 "Miami kids" LBs signed prior to 9/25 (Jackson and Tolan would be nice) so Bissainthe is a "nice to have" not a "need to have". And when Louisville beats FSU, and Wes wants on board with us, Manny can make the call at that point.

I like this ‘blame the coaches’ angle - anything to make that *** whoopin worse.
Time to go full vampire, no mercy… Evil is good.
1624894007803.gif

To me, if Wes wanted in, he'd already be in. I honestly don't see why he would wait since we've been recruiting him for a couple years now and his top 2 are us and FSU.

Anyway, Patke knows his assignment. Get 2 "Miami kids" LBs signed prior to 9/25 so Bissainthe is a "nice to have" not a "need to have". And when Louisville beats FSU, and Wes wants on board with us, Manny can make the call at that point.

Get me Tolan and Jackson within the next couple weeks and I think we'll have our answer whether he wants in or not....

Advertisement
Id have to dive back into the thread which could take me awhile but I believe @Hoyacane1620 said FSU fans were talking about it on their board... also there is another poster who said this has been common practice for FSU. Again could be wrong, but I'll have to go back and find it.
They've been laughing their azzes off since Saturday when they realized Wes had left - and their writers, in particular Blostein (who was the one who screen-shot the live instagram and posted it to twitter )- didn't respond to them about whether the plan was for him to leave or if he just up and went. They ignored the question for hours and then finally said something like "they knew he was leaving on Saturday but not exactly when". They think it's funny Manny "made him leave". Never occurred to any of them that Wes and his family were uncomfortable about the whole situation.

Just read the write up they posted late last night and the one Gaby wrote on Canes 247; the stories on both sites came from the audio tape of a phone call Blostein had with Bissainthe. They made it their feature story with the headline "Four Star LB Wesley Bissainthe Enjoys trip to Florida State, Locks in Official Visit". LMAO He saw the campus and learned alot about the history.....

They don't think their coaches "forced" anyone to do anything. They are just full of themselves right now.

The person who is butt hurt is you because you’re worked up and trying to dictate people’s feelings about it through mockery and bullying.

This part in bold is inaccurate. It has zero to do with the reason that thread was nuked and I’m not going to detail what occurred that caused that except to say that it was between posters.

I don’t think the comments have been so bad. A few scholly pullers, which I don’t agree with, but it’s their opinion and they have a right to it. I get why they’re mad. My opinions, mostly in that nuked thread, have been directed mostly at FSU coaches for encouraging the kid, and others for that matter, to do something which jeopardizes things they’ve worked for.

It’s a much more thought out view and commentary than your criticism of people who are unhappy about what he did.
Personally I found the reaction quite entertaining..like watching a toddler throwing a tantrum...the bolded part is accurate because CLEARLY that first discussion did get toxic. Rather or not it was between 2 posters or not you felt the need to reset the convo..that’s cool

Now let me address the first portion..to any who thought my comments and reaction to this topic was my attempt at mocking them or god forbid “bullying them”...I speak for all bullies when I say

Advertisement
That's what I heard but apparently he just scheduled an official visit with them so not sure how mad they really are.
He always said he was taking an OV there. Not sure if the date was ever publicized. He isn't going to burn all his bridges yet , I'm sure. That's likely why the trip to UF, too. IDK. I guess we'll see how it plays out. Right now it seems like he plans to draw it out to December. That could change, I'm sure.

Personally I found the reaction quite entertaining..like watching a toddler throwing a tantrum...the bolded part is accurate because CLEARLY that first discussion did get toxic. Rather or not it was between 2 posters or not you felt the need to reset the convo..that’s cool

Now let me address the first portion..to any who thought my comments and reaction to this topic was my attempt at mocking them or god forbid “bullying them”...I speak for all bullies when I say

You’re wrong. And Maude’s and other posters know why that thread got disappeared and it literally wasn’t about Blissainthe. People know if I tell em something that I’m not just making it up. I was in the process of writing you a dm to explain it off the board a bit more but you don’t have the maturity for that so **** it.

Advertisement

We're all about business here and helping your son reach his full potential. We've recruited him hard for 2 years because we think he can come here and make a difference, while getting a top education and making his hometown and you proud. We don't do photo shoots disrespecting others, thats what insecure amateurs do. Just take a look at our young men who've been out in the community recently giving back to THEIR city, look at our graduation rates. Look at all our alumni who come and give back, give guidance. That's what we do here at the University of Miami
A bro where do I sign...I'm fired up 🔥🔥🔥

You’re wrong. And Maude’s and other posters know why that thread got disappeared and it literally wasn’t about Blissainthe. People know if I tell em something that I’m not just making it up. I was in the process of writing you a dm to explain it off the board a bit more but you don’t have the maturity for that so **** it.
Oh boy when RVA starts swearing, you better hide.

He always said he was taking an OV there. Not sure if the date was ever publicized. He isn't going to burn all his bridges yet , I'm sure. That's likely why the trip to UF, too. IDK. I guess we'll see how it plays out. Right now it seems like he plans to draw it out to December. That could change, I'm sure.

Holding out to December? LOL... He didn't learn anything. If Im the UM staff secure Tolan, Jackson and maybe someone else . Don't wait around for this guy.

The problem with dropping him is whats the fallout going to be in SFLA because you know there will be.

Other schools can drop a kid and nothing will happen but it will be flipped on us big time. The only people who have a problem with what he did are Miami people... everyone else could careless

Thats why I think Manny is playing this carefully...

I'll make this simple. I believe that the "fallout" is greatly exaggerated.

I'm not a thread-bumper, but I can find plenty of posts from a year ago that were overly concerned with how dropping Savion Collins would impact Miami's recruiting class. Spoiler alert: it didn't.

And, yes, I realize that Bissainthe is "more talented". And I know that we want to maintain good relations with Central.

But compare the situation - last year, we were recruiting five Palmetto players, and the Palmetto coach was steering kids to UiF. UM got 2 of the 5, UiF got 2, and FIU got 1. And we didn't lose those 2 to UiF because of Savion Collins.

This year, we are not recruiting as many Central players and the Central coach is a UM alum.

I think all of the recruits know that recruiting is fluid, and that Bissainthe (and Lee) are playing games and got caught playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back