4-star LB Bissainthe bonding with Aristide, eyeing future visits - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish UM was in a position to say, 'Wes, you're dead to us. Blood in, blood out. You have disrespected the program.' (Cue dramatic music....)

But unfortunately Miami isn't in that position currently to just drop a kid like a bad habit.

My hope is that one day, Manny -- or whoever is in charge of his renaissance -- can one day take swift action for stuff like this. But for now.... we need World Wide Wes

It is what it is...
I already shared that I don't think this kid is such an overwhelming talent that he deserves a greater talent=greater tolerance pass. But it's true that it's bad politics to dump a kid from Central when you're not yet a secure championship program.

Advertisement
What I'm saying is Nick Saban doesn't care about anything but winning and rarely cares about the players. **** he stepped over a player in the Dolphins who some thought was have a heat stroke so the Reuben Foster comparison doesn't work for me
Exactly, the clowns saying what would Saban do? He would sign him up and win.

This. Miami Central is a local powerhouse that consistently has P5 talent. Telling Wes to kick rocks would have long lasting, negative implications at that school because South Florida. You don't want one of their best prospects negatively recruiting us for the next 3-4 years.

Wes handled his mistake the right way and it should be water under the bridge. Don't let emotions get the better of you and fall into FSU's trap.
Their trap has already worked. They'll show him and other recruits negative comments from this site and others. Then they will happily point out how fickle our fans are, etc. It just shows what a scumbag Sabbath Joseph is and what kind of administration allows him to do that.

I already shared that I don't think this kid is such an overwhelming talent that he deserves a greater talent=greater tolerance pass. But it's true that it's bad politics to dump a kid from Central when you're not yet a secure championship program.
In High Seas I trust

Advertisement
Who do you like most on our LB board? I actually remember when @Lance Roffers was breaking down T2's film, he said something along the lines of T2 had great athletic ability but he didn't see him as high as others did and noted that #17 (wes) stood out more. At the time, he didn't know who he even was so i thought that was an interesting tidbit.

So we can’t say we don’t like the U down thing he did and find it a problematic situation to manage given impact to players on the team and how it reflects to recruits?

It’s also a very different situation than a recruit getting a tattoo.
Look..all you guys who are seemingly more butt hurt than a model having to do 4takes for a anal scene in a Ron Jeremy production have every right to have felt that way...but at some point you have to realize these are 16/17 year old kids.

This kid Wes had a adult who I assume he trust in his ear edging him on. Along with other adults at a photo shoot for a visit. This should be a teaching moment for Wes and Jones (we are not getting Jones). Simple as that. The idea that at any point Miami should stop recruiting him and snatch his scolly right away Is the most childish response I’ve seen on CIS. That’s not how u handle situations.

Miami has built a relationships while recruiting Wes for at least 2 years ever since he popped on the radar as a Fresh/soph at Central. If your selling point has been About building genuine relationships, pulling this kids offer Based off THIS would show that the staff was being as fake as the FSU staffers who would put a kid in that position. The fact the kid cut that visit short, drove 6-7 hours back to Miami to make sure he and his family was back for the camp to talk to Miami told me and shouldve have told everyone who had every right to be upset at the photo that the Fam/Wes realized the mistake that was made.

I don’t think any alum or current player would react towards Wes like some of y’all think..they probably shoned him at the most. But I’m sure some MEN in our alumni base wouldve pulled him aside and give some adult advice on how to handle things going forth. If it’s about genuine relationship building with recruits we want you use this as a teaching moment and move on.

Last edited:
The audio shared with Gaby included this:

Miami Central Top247 linebacker Wesley Bissainthe made the six-plus hour trek from Tallahassee to Miami after spending all day Friday at Florida State.

The Dade County native's plans weren't made known until Saturday morning - just hours after photos surfaced of Bissainthe throwing down The U during a photoshoot surrounded by Florida State staffers.

"I wanted to see the competition down there at the Paradise Camp. I just wanted to see what it was looking like,"

The top-ranked linebacker in South Florida enjoyed being around former players and a bunch of other talented guys across the high school ranks who made their way to Coral Gables for the event.

"It was great seeing the players from the past come back, legends, stuff like that. It was great to see them in person and see what they had to say," Bissainthe said.

Bissainthe had conversations with former UM linebackers Jon Beason and Sean Spence.

"They were telling me keep grinding and don't stop. I had a few conversations with Sean Spence already. That's my guy, so basically told me the same thing. Just keep working," Bissainthe said.

Gaby added that he was also told at least one former Cane alumni had a conversation with Wes about him throwing down the U. This alumni said that Wes understood that it wasn't the right thing to do and that it was disrespectful and this Alumni came away from the conversation feeling that Wesley knew he made a mistake and was trying to make things right.

So that pretty much closes the story on this for now.
God no, we should never forgive him.

Advertisement
Look..all you guys who are seemingly more butt hurt than a model having to do 4takes for a anal scene in a Ron Jeremy production have every right to have felt that way...but at some point you have to realize these are 16/17 year old kids.

This kid Wes had a adult who I assume he trust in his ear edging him on. Along with other adults at a photo shoot for a visit. This should be a teaching moment for Wes and Jones. Simple as that. The idea that sr any point Miami should stop recruiting him and snatch his scolly right away Is the most childish response I’ve seen on CIS. That’s not how u handle situations.

Miami has built a relationship while recruiting Wes for at least 2 years ever since he popped on the radar as a Fresh/soph at Central
Cool story bro. Take that to someone who does what you are saying. I didn’t say take his scholly. I’m the one who said he made a bad choice but that my anger is at the FSU coRches who pushed this jeopardizing what he worked for. And members of this board have a right to be displeased with it if they so choose.

Cool story bro. Take that to someone who does what you are saying. I didn’t say take his scholly. I’m the one who said he made a bad choice but that my anger is at the FSU coRches who pushed this jeopardizing what he worked for. And members of this board have a right to be displeased with it if they so choose.
Thats true, but Cribby put it well: Manny takes the shots here, and if he and Wes are cool about it, theres nothing we can do. Maybe we need to fly a banner over the campus to get some attention, but I feel like this topic has been discussed ad nauseam. Some people are really ****ed, some are mildly disappointed, others have moved on. I dont think we will find a consensus here, people will stick to their opinion, so all we can do is just wait and see what happens.

Not sure if this is directed at me but I still don’t know that - as I responded before. I’m not the one who made the statement and I don’t think it’s helpful on here.
You responded to buddy who said nesta is a cancer...I read that post yesterday and couldn’t even bring myself to respond.

Thats true, but Cribby put it well: Manny takes the shots here, and if he and Wes are cool about it, theres nothing we can do. Maybe we need to fly a banner over the campus to get some attention, but I feel like this topic has been discussed ad nauseam. Some people are really ****ed, some are mildly disappointed, others have moved on. I dont think we will find a consensus here, people will stick to their opinion, so all we can do is just wait and see what happens.
Agree 100%. I’ve said multiple times tht it’s up to Manny as he has to manage the situation. What I’m not going to take without a response back is posters telling other posters that they can’t have a negative opinion about what happened.

Advertisement
I just wish UM was in a position to say, 'Wes, you're dead to us. Blood in, blood out. You have disrespected the program.' (Cue dramatic music....)

But unfortunately Miami isn't in that position currently to just drop a kid like a bad habit.

My hope is that one day, Manny -- or whoever is in charge of his renaissance -- can one day take swift action for stuff like this. But for now.... we need World Wide Wes

It is what it is...
The reason we "Aren't" in a position to tell him to kick rocks..is because of Shoddy/Garbage LBer recruiting & coaching....That's a Cot **** shame at UM.....

I mean it seemed to have already back fired on FSU. He left early and that entire board asked where he was and what did the mods say in response? Nothing. Why? The last thing they want to tell their fanbase was how UM made him leave early which even though it’s going unsaid we all know that’s what happened.

Advertisement
Again, you and others HAD every right to feel initially butt hurt. As I said. You can be as displeased as a toddler and who didn’t get a candy bar at the store and throw a tantrum in that moment...at some point the toddler gets over it.

There’s a reason you wanted to reset the discussion. You saw some the asinine comments that were being made.

Their trap has already worked. They'll show him and other recruits negative comments from this site and others. Then they will happily point out how fickle our fans are, etc. It just shows what a scumbag Sabbath Joseph is and what kind of administration allows him to do that.

See this is why I think Manny is going to play this as "politically" as possible.

I think Manny should flip this on FSU... How I would shape it?? I would hammer home the fact especially to mom that these "adult coaches/leaders" at FSU got your son to do something that was completely disrespectful and he was the one that had to answer for it, not them. They laughed it off.... these are supposed to be people that are going to advise, grow and help shape your son in the next 3-4 years.

We're all about business here and helping your son reach his full potential. We've recruited him hard for 2 years because we think he can come here and make a difference, while getting a top education and making his hometown and you proud. We don't do photo shoots disrespecting others, thats what insecure amateurs do. Just take a look at our young men who've been out in the community recently giving back to THEIR city, look at our graduation rates. Look at all our alumni who come and give back, give guidance. That's what we do here at the University of Miami

Last edited:
My thing is ..Is this kid a game changer for us at Lb ? All the South fla guys help me out here I know y’all know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back