4-star DE/OLB Harris has Miami in Final 3, will be on campus this weekend

From TOS:

Kevin Harris early Monday morning from a couple of sources.

He is set to commit May 1, so some felt his decision was already made before the visit to Miami, but I have been told that Miami really impressed this weekend and this is a VERY close race with Alabama.

The race is so close that Harris and his family are visiting Alabama under the radar today for one last visit. This tells me a decision has not been made yet. I am hearing LSU is a pretty distant third and Alabama and Miami are really battling for this one now.

I am not sure how much more media Harris will do between now and May 1, but I will do my best to keep you updated on what I am hearing.

Advertisement
From TOS:

He is set to commit May 1, so some felt his decision was already made before the visit to Miami, but I have been told that Miami really impressed this weekend and this is a VERY close race with Alabama.

The race is so close that Harris and his family are visiting Alabama under the radar today for one last visit. This tells me a decision has not been made yet. I am hearing LSU is a pretty distant third and Alabama and Miami are really battling for this one now.

I am not sure how much more media Harris will do between now and May 1, but I will do my best to keep you updated on what I am hearing.

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like it'll be Bama. A "final trip" to TusKKKaloosa aka a final check to be collected prior to commitment.

Advertisement
Thinking positively, I am going to play the devil's advocate on this and believe that this is a kid who is serious and simply doing his due diligence. I don't think we should discount the " Jess Simpson" effect, the relationship between his coach and Simpson and all that UM can offer this kid. He has been one of those recruits who keeps his business to himself- no dramatic social media stuff, etc. His dad is the one who posted the pics from Bama and his coach the pics yesterday from Miami. His dad is the only one who went to Alabama with him. Maybe his mom wants to see Bama for herself. Maybe they have more questions after being at UM. He is going to LSU next weekend and then making the decision public - this is probably the only day they could make another trip anywhere. I am sure spring football must be starting there soon.

I get the long shot angle - hopefully Jess and CMR will continue to be on him for the next 10 days. One of these days a "longshot" is going to go our way! You just gotta believe... "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"

Advertisement
From TOS:

Translation:

I’m all Bama.

Bama was the choice before visiting and he’s going back to confirm the choice.

Follow the visits.

The "going back to Bama for one last peek" concerns me. But that does tell me that we REALLY impressed him and his parents. Maybe he told his parents he wanted to come to UM and his parents told him to go to Bama one last time to make sure that's what he wants. Giving Saban the last shot is never a great thing. Lets hope for the best.

Not sure what it means but I do know he doesn’t need to waste his time going back to alabaga to get a bigger bag. He can just wait for it to arrive from the comfort of his own home.

The Final 2 is better than the Final 3.

Hopefully we make the Final 1.

We'll see.

Advertisement
The Final 2 is better than the Final 3.

Hopefully we make the Final 1.

We'll see.
Always the bridesmaid... There's no difference between finishing 2nd or 3rd. Both have the same outcome, they don't get the talent.

Advertisement
Always the bridesmaid... There's no difference between finishing 2nd or 3rd. Both have the same outcome, they don't get the talent.

Dumb. Much better to finish a close second than not even be in the game. That tells you our dl recruiting is looking up for sure. A close second for one could easily be a 1st place for another. And if bama slips like they did with Gant, Campbell, and nadab Joseph last year, we will be RIGHT there.

Another kid using the U to raise the price. Rinse repeat. ****, who am I kidding. He forgot to talk to the equipment manager and can’t really make a decision until he evaluated the entire staff. Can’t blame a kid for dotting his i’s and cro$$ing his t’s

Advertisement
Back