4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
Advertisement
Man its sad looking at 247 and seeing the "roster outlook" on the teams recruiting Brown.

All have 7 plus cbs and 2 commits. Why would you look at that and not think instant playing time here?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Please don’t commit to us.

I like Covington, Arnold, Mcburrogh and Anderson so much more.

I’m also holding out hope for Marshall.
Covington- TX kid never seen our campus
Arnold- No shot
Mcburrows_ committed, and just spent his own dime to go up to see michigan
Anderson- Poster already advised that he wil be a tough flip from Pitt. Hes almost locked in with them for esd

So yea. lol

Arnold- No shot
Anderson- Poster already advised that he wil be a tough flip from Pitt. Hes almost locked in with them for esd

So yea. lol
Don’t be such a party pooper lol. This CB recruiting is sumtin else...

Arnold- No shot

So yea. lol

I think he was being sarcastic.

Though, with our "fan" base, you never know.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El based on how this year has went for him, do you still like him as a prospect?
My opinion was always that he could be good with coaching & having his technique refined, he was never going to be a superstar CB in HS, he'll play his best ball in college with development.

He only became priority because we literally had no other options at CB because we missed on just about everybody else. But at this point it's just one big SHRUGS...

I'd still take him if he wanted to come here, but it's looking like we might not get him so who TF knows.

I like Covington the most among the CB's we're seemingly recruiting, but I have no idea wtf the plan is at CB, the staff treats CB recruiting like they're browsing through SkyMall magazine, they're looking but they're not really trying to spend too much.

Maybe we miraculously land a good corner come December 16th (ENSD), but as of now, we're pretty much just watching the sands in the hourglass fall hoping something will happen.

Mannnn... He better be good for all this hold out and prolonging he’s doing. Especially seeing as how long this thread is.
I haven’t followed it much but I recall people saying he’s nothing special and hasn’t looked great at IMG this year—which sadly is more than what we have now.

My opinion was always that he could be good with coaching & having his technique refined, he was never going to be a superstar CB in HS, he'll play his best ball in college with development.

He only became priority because we literally had no other options at CB because we missed on just about everybody else. But at this point it's just one big SHRUGS...

I'd still take him if he wanted to come here, but it's looking like we might not get him so who TF knows.

I like Covington the most among the CB's we're seemingly recruiting, but I have no idea wtf the plan is at CB, the staff treats CB recruiting like they're browsing through SkyMall magazine, they're looking but they're not really trying to spend too much.

Maybe we miraculously land a good corner come December 16th (ENSD), but as of now, we're pretty much just watching the sands in the hourglass fall hoping something will happen.
I have a question, and I think it is going to get a shrug response. So lately there have been a few threads with what MD has always looked for at the CB position - specifically, a guy who can set the edge and tackle. Which really means he deemphasizes the importance of the position as a whole. So am I missing something that 1) you should be trying to get the best player possible and not deemphasize the importance of any position and 2) preventing a guy from catching the ball in the first place is preferable to giving up a catch and then tackling?

Advertisement
I have a question, and I think it is going to get a shrug response. So lately there have been a few threads with what MD has always looked for at the CB position - specifically, a guy who can set the edge and tackle. Which really means he deemphasizes the importance of the position as a whole. So am I missing something that 1) you should be trying to get the best player possible and not deemphasize the importance of any position and 2) preventing a guy from catching the ball in the first place is preferable to giving up a catch and then tackling?
Philosophically he places the premium on tackling at CB, he really doesn't care about coverage & technique, because his Defense is all about creating havoc plays upfront & getting TFL's, he sacrifices elite coverage for the hope of causing 2/3rd & longs. Everything is predicated on getting the offense behind schedule by disrupting rhythm upfront, the backend is all about the Safeties, he puts almost all of the responsibility on the S's in their coverage shells.

That's the crux of the issue, Manny doesn't really value high level CB play, he thinks it's inconsequential to the success of his Defense, but he's miscalculated that in this era of football you really can't survive without having great corners.

Coverage skills & footwork reigns supreme, yes tackling & setting the edge is important as well, but if you don't have physical cover corners who can't win the leverage battle & transition in phase to make plays on the ball you'll be shît out of luck.

Naw, Manny’s got a plan...tell recruits about our ACC Championship game appearance and how they’re the next piece to take the team to the next level lol forward thinking

Philosophically he places the premium on tackling at CB, he really doesn't care about coverage & technique, because his Defense is all about creating havoc plays upfront & getting TFL's, he sacrifices elite coverage for the hope of causing 2/3rd & longs. Everything is predicated on getting the offense behind schedule by disrupting rhythm upfront, the backend is all about the Safeties, he puts almost all of the responsibility on the S's in their coverage shells.

That's the crux of the issue, Manny doesn't really value high level CB play, he thinks it's inconsequential to the success of his Defense, but he's miscalculated that in this era of football you really can't survive without having great corners.

Coverage skills & footwork reigns supreme, yes tackling & setting the edge is important as well, but if you don't have physical cover corners who can't win the leverage battle & transition in phase to make plays on the ball you'll be shît out of luck.

Yup! We don't have man to man cover corners. We have Cover 3 corners. Which you can win with that method don't get me wrong. Think Legion of boom a few years back play mostly that style. But if we are going to play that style we at-least need to recruit better pure athletes at that position.

Advertisement
Back