4 Star CB from Nashville Keshawn Lawrence receives offer

Advertisement
Whoever thinks that the db’s that have gone to the draft since the new staff got here would’ve gone anyway regardless of school is fckng crazy.
Problem with the local kids that took that fast money is that in their minds they’re already guaranteed to be a draft pick.
I was literally smh watching Campbell play last year.
Huge difference watching ps2 and our guys.
Dudes don’t realize how many 5 stars don’t make it to the league or last a year or two.
Securing the bag happens on draft day and your second contract and definitely not on nsd.
Campbell was exposed a few times playing good comp that’s for sure. PS2 had a much better showing. Both have tons of potential and have a long way to go

Bad tape =/= not having first round tape.
Not many have first round tape this year. I like The Byron Murphy kid from Washington though and greedy Williams is solid. Not that high on baker, don’t think he’s fast enough and is not a great athlete.suppoedly has a bad work ethic too

Campbell was exposed a few times playing good comp that’s for sure. PS2 had a much better showing. Both have tons of potential and have a long way to go
Yes. But being put in the right place and being coached well is just as important and maybe even more important than just raw talent.
Unless your a freak of nature like shields.
My post was saying that look at how different ps2 looked than Campbell. Both were a toss up in many evaluators eyes. So the difference can’t be that Campbell is a bust or not good enough.
I’m just saying these kids are betting on themselves while gambling their future with dudes that aren’t as good in shaping their craft.

Advertisement
Yes. But being put in the right place and being coached well is just as important and maybe even more important than just raw talent.
Unless your a freak of nature like shields.
My post was saying that look at how different ps2 looked than Campbell. Both were a toss up in many evaluators eyes. So the difference can’t be that Campbell is a bust or not good enough.
I’m just saying these kids are betting on themselves while gambling their future with dudes that aren’t as good in shaping their craft.
Yeah it looked like surtain had much better coaching at bama compared to Campbell at uga honestly

at 6’1 210 a 4.45 is elite and a great time for a corner that big. name 1 good cb that has run in the low 4.3 ranges in recent draft classes? Not many difference makers.

He may have not done well in the 3 cone and bench press but tested very well in all of the other areas. In fact he had a top 3 star score athletically out of all the cornerbacks at the combine so yeah that is elite athleticism. Just because he didn’t do well on one drill doesn’t mean he doesn’t have elite athleticism

He has elite athleticism at the position in terms of testing numbers period

In that twitter thread you linked Showing RAS, there are no joke 10 DBs with a score as good or better (would be 11, but Greedy Williams' score was blank)...and you think that makes him elite? **** Sheldrick Redwine had a better score than him too! Sorry but you can't call someone at DB an elite athlete if there are over 10 that are as or more athletic than him in his own class....a class that is really weak btw

Here's something better for you which looks at all combines, not just the 2019 class. This is compared to all CORNERS:
https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/mike-jackson
65th %ile 40yd dash.
12th %ile 3-cone Drill.
34th %ile Bench Press.
59th %ile Shuttle.
92nd %ile Broad/Vert Jump.

^That doesn't make you elite dude. I think you need to check your adjectives. Good athlete? Definitely, just because of his Jumps and a pretty good 40 time. But he literally has one of the worst 3-cone drills of any CB....and you know, it's pretty important to be able to bend as a corner. Trust me, dude isn't gunna be playing much corner.

Also Can you even find how NextGenStats calculates their Combine Score? I can't. All I see when you go on there is a **** load of dudes with a 90+ combined score, whatever that even is.

In that twitter thread you linked Showing RAS, there are no joke 10 DBs with a score as good or better (would be 11, but Greedy Williams' score was blank)...and you think that makes him elite? **** Sheldrick Redwine had a better score than him too! Sorry but you can't call someone at DB an elite athlete if there are over 10 that are as or more athletic than him in his own class....a class that is really weak btw

Here's something better for you which looks at all combines, not just the 2019 class. This is compared to all CORNERS:
https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/mike-jackson
65th %ile 40yd dash.
12th %ile 3-cone Drill.
34th %ile Bench Press.
59th %ile Shuttle.
92nd %ile Broad/Vert Jump.

^That doesn't make you elite dude. I think you need to check your adjectives. Good athlete? Definitely, just because of his Jumps and a pretty good 40 time. But he literally has one of the worst 3-cone drills of any CB....and you know, it's pretty important to be able to bend as a corner. Trust me, dude isn't gunna be playing much corner.

Also Can you even find how NextGenStats calculates their Combine Score? I can't. All I see when you go on there is a **** load of dudes with a 90+ combined score, whatever that even is.
Nfl network had nextgenstats on their broadcast of the combine several times throughout the duration of the combine so I highly doubt they will be using an uncredible source

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nfl.com had nextgenstats on their broadcast of the combine several times throughout the duration of the combine so I highly doubt they will be using an uncredible source
I'm no saying it's uncredible. It's literally NFL.com that runs it. I'm saying it's possibly meaningless calculation. I'm not saying the numbers they are using in their calculations are wrong.....Basically That's like using ESPN's QBR and saying it's the holy grail of qb stats.

anyone that thinks Michael Jackson is a 1st rounder is smoking crack.

There were definitely draft experts saying that Jackson could go 1st round following the 2017 season. That's not even the point though. No one thought Jackson would develop into the CB he became when he first signed here. Rumph developed him.

There were definitely draft experts saying that Jackson could go 1st round following the 2017 season. That's not even the point though. No one thought Jackson would develop into the CB he became when he first signed here. Rumph developed him.

True. most people thought he would be a safety or an attrition guy after his second year, when the new staff came in.

And a LOT of people were projecting him as a guy that would go in the first couple of rounds based off his physical profile and pedigree before this season...I think he will be another mid-round steal for someone, as he probably can backup the safety position in addition to being a boundary corner. And credit for that has to go to Rumph.

True. most people thought he would be a safety or an attrition guy. And a LOT of people were projecting him as a guy that would go in the first couple of rounds based off his physical profile and pedigree...I think he will be another mid-round steal for someone, as he probably can backup the safety position in addition to being a boundary corner. And credit for that has to go to Rumph.

Definitely agree. I've asked countless times exactly why Rumph should be fired and no one has stepped up to give an answer.

We all know the real reason some people want Rumph fired, it's bc he missed on two players (Campbell & Stevenson) that every coaching staff would have missed on in the past 15 years. Waiting on someone to admit that...

Advertisement
Definitely agree. I've asked countless times exactly why Rumph should be fired and no one has stepped up to give an answer.

We all know the real reason some people want Rumph fired, it's bc he missed on two players (Campbell & Stevenson) that every coaching staff would have missed on in the past 15 years. Waiting on someone to admit that...

I actually am very middle of the road on Rumph. But I think anyone not giving him any credit at all has an agenda. I think he is a very good technical coach and has developed kids really well.

But he also hasn't put anyone high in the draft. A lot of that is that he hasn't had elite athletes to work with...but that has to fall on him at some point, because half his job is recruiting elite athletes and he hasn't landed the big fish.

I actually am very middle of the road on Rumph. But I think anyone not giving him any credit at all has an agenda. I think he is a very good technical coach and has developed kids really well.

But he also hasn't put anyone high in the draft. A lot of that is that he hasn't had elite athletes to work with...but that has to fall on him at some point, because half his job is recruiting elite athletes and he hasn't landed the big fish.

I mean he's only had 2 full recruiting cycles so he hasn't had a chance to put any of his how guys high in the draft yet bc they are juniors now.

Usually coaches are either great recruiters or great developers, Rumph just happens to be the latter half. He is still a good recruiter though. I haven't seen one thing yet that should question his job security.

Advertisement
Yeah it looked like surtain had much better coaching at bama compared to Campbell at uga honestly
Maybe....but could also be that PS2 was better at absorbing the coaching than TC. We all get caught up in the physical stats and forget the mental aspect.

Advertisement
Back