4-star CB Elam updates the latest with Miami

View as article
Advertisement
I don't know what the deal is, and the staff isn't above criticism buuut....doesn't it seem likely they know something we don't? Isn't that more likely than them just not realizing this kid is good?

You guys seriously think he's hot sht with everybody but us and there's no reason for it?

One of the biggest mysteries of this cycle. Every other school is all over this kid except us and we are the school that is the closest to him. He checks all the boxes, don't understand.

Manny being Manny "let's take a 3 star project from Dade"

it is what it is....hope his formula works out...but he is doing things his way!

Advertisement
Manny being Manny "let's take a 3 star poject from Dade"

it is what it is....hope his formula works out...but he is doing things his way!
He is from palm beach thats included in the "lets lock up south florida" narrative.

LISTEN UP, we back to basically recruiting the old Miami way, only certain type mentalities are being recruited here. Coach rumph along with the rest of the UM coaches are not about to start recruiting desparate, either you a Cane or not. They already showed em what he needs to see, but know this, coach rumph and crew can sniff out gaytor blood real quick, so if he wants to come to UM, he got his offer, sign, if not, we already like what we got in our room and what's on the way. Everything elam said he looking for, he already know he can get all that at UM, coach rumph not wasting his time with the diva mentalities, he looking for goons, he's one, he played with many and he bringing in more.

Look how corn elder looked in one year under coach rumph, was out there head hunting, got jackson being projected as a high draft pick in just one year under him, malek young was on his way to being a 2nd or first team acc corner. Coach banda and rumph got the safeties playing at a high level with jaquan being out done by no one in all of college football.

So the choice is elam's, coach rumph done did his part, no money bags dropping, that comes down the road when earned it at GreenTree practice field and get drafted, other than that, you can sign with us or get beat by us!

:rickflair2:

Advertisement
You'd think these are things that would take him off the radar completely. He says Rumph still texts him every now & then. Why waste time at all if we don't want him?

You still keep at least a minimal level of contact on local top recruits as a show of respect. Keep the "back channels" open

truth..which further boggles the mind

For sure.

Now, let's go up state for a total project and lock him up. Oh, wait.... .. .....we already did.

This would be at the top or near to it as the biggest head scratching recruiting moment under this staff.

I'll be so happy when a big time recruit commits so everyone can step off the ledge smh..

The problem is we have no traction with any big time recruits right now. Bogle, Neal, Stevenson, and MAR are all enjoying the process and are not leaning in one direction. If it's going to be a big commitment it will most likely be from a 2020 or 2021 kid and that still wont alleviate what's going on.

I also dont like when the board is in disarray but when the coaches are cooling off on big targets and other targets are looking elsewhere, it results in what we have now.

Well we know it’s not grades if he’s considering going to Stanford

Not to mention he's in Benjamin School which is Private and known for their academics. But also they don't play anyone good. so maybe thats it as well

Advertisement
Agree that this one is a head-scratcher. I personally never thought he was considering us as everything I had read in the past was pointing to the Gaytors or UGA.

Maybe he is now truly interested for whatever reason. No matter what, we should be kicking the tires at a minimum.

The problem is we have no traction with any big time recruits right now. Bogle, Neal, Stevenson, and MAR are all enjoying the process and are not leaning in one direction. If it's going to be a big commitment it will most likely be from a 2020 or 2021 kid and that still wont alleviate what's going on.

I also dont like when the board is in disarray but when the coaches are cooling off on big targets and other targets are looking elsewhere, it results in what we have now.

We have plenty of traction with the aforementioned players. We are considered the team to beat in all of their recruitment's at the moment.

Just going to throw out there another site did a lengthy article on Elam today, too. He spoke more at length about Georgia, since it was a Georgia reporter. They are pretty hot for him - selling him the same thing that Stevenson said- They want Stevenson and Elam to come in as top dogs and pair them with Andrew Booth (who also hasn't committed to UGA and is supposedly leaning elsewhere). That's their DB board right now. I didn't get the impression from the article that Elam was necessarily leaning to Georgia or was particularly going to be swayed by that pitch. But that is apparently their hard sell to both of them now.

Advertisement
We have plenty of traction with the aforementioned players. We are considered the team to beat in all of their recruitment's at the moment.

It's July. Things can change in the matter of a week. Bogle and MAR (whom I think ends up at Miami) are likely NSD decisions. Don't know what's going on with Neal. Stevenson looks like it's a toss up with UGA and Miami. With the way UGA recruits, I don't want that one going right before he EE's.

Let’s not jump to conclusions, last year we didn’t give Nadab Joseph any attention, and Dude didn’t qualify.

Maybe grades are bad
Maybe some off the field things bother us
Maybe he’s in the Bag game and we know that
Maybe we just Dont like him as a prospect

This isn’t the Golden Era, there has to be a reason but we may never know.

I suppose anything is possible, but he doesn't fit the typical profile of a kid that falls in these buckets. He goes to a good private school so I'm doubtful grades is an issue. Bag game/off field? Perhaps, but from everything I've read, his dad seems to be raising him as a solid kid and is eschewing the bag game.

I think the most likely scenario is that we don't like him as a prospect as much as other highly(?) rated kids and that's the worriesome part (if true).

Bogle is flirting with Tennessee and isn't dead-set on Miami, constant Neal-Bama smoke(most forget he was committed there at one point), I'd say Stevenson is the most secure but there's been talks of him loving UGA, and MAR with the "building his own legacy" talk.

Not to mention he's in Benjamin School which is Private and known for their academics. But also they don't play anyone good. so maybe thats it as well
Saw someone say he didn’t have the best of film last season but he’s a great athlete

Advertisement
Back