2023 4 Star Ath Robert Stafford visiting Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This would be a huge recruiting win.

He reminds me of D’Jordan Strong with his ability to diagnose & Mirror in Press man, then combined with his WR hands & ball skills he has very good anticipatory breaks making plays on the ball.

He’s raw as a CB but his physical upside & natural athleticism stand out, you can tell he’s Basketball player too.

Depending on how fast he takes to teaching & once his technique is refined, he’s a kid that potentially can play earlier than expected. Hopefully he’ll be an EE if he commits, him getting in in the Spring next year would be critical for him.

Advertisement
This would be a huge recruiting win.

He reminds me of D’Jordan Strong with his ability to diagnose & Mirror in Press man, then combined with his WR hands & ball skills he has very good anticipatory breaks making plays on the ball.

He’s raw as a CB but his physical upside & natural athleticism stand out, you can tell he’s Basketball player too.

Depending on how fast he takes to teaching & once his technique is refined, he’s a kid that potentially can play earlier than expected. Hopefully he’ll be an EE if he commits, him getting in in the Spring next year would be critical for him.

Love the complete athlete profile he has and has a great frame despite being 170. What’s his legit speed in track? Sub 11/22?

Love the complete athlete profile he has and has a great frame despite being 170. What’s his legit speed in track? Sub 11/22?
His track times aren’t available...

But according to Ivins he had the fastest 40 time & highest Vertical Jump at the Under Armor Camp in Orlando back in April.

Eye test he looks in the 4.4-4.48 range.

Advertisement
He’s this year’s version of Damarius McGhee, two-way player that plays primarily at WR & is multi-sport athlete that has high athletic upside, but projects best at CB.

He’s got good speed & quick-twitch explosiveness as a runner, he’s also a natural playmaker at WR & has shifty agile feet making defenders miss with suddenness in his cuts in the open field.

Has good arm length & muscular physique even for only being 170lbs, which means he has the physical frame to get up to 190+ & maintain explosiveness. This is the kind of prospect that excels with S&C development & then by the time he’s a Red FR he starts making noise in Spring/Fall camp & takes somebody’s job.

Supposedly was a Kentucky lean earlier in the year, but given the fact we’re the only FL school on his list I really like our chances in this recruitment. Hopefully we hit a homerun on the OV & make an impression on him.

If we get this commit I fully expect schools like UF, UGA, LSU etc to come tracking down towards the end of the year, just to try to keep us from getting a really good win in SEC country, which make no mistake about it Melbourne is definitely SEC country. But just keep Addae, DVD & Strong applying pressure until we get the signature.

These are the kinds of potential recruiting wins that could mark a change for the new era, hope we pull this off.
I ask this question as someone who admits my lack of understanding on this subject.

Why does Stanford project as a defensive player? Watching his receiver highlights he looks great to my untrained eye. He has speed, catches with his hands, is very hard to bring down, is very good with the ballin his hands and is an excellent blocker.

What do you and the UM coaches see that tells you that for all his success at WR in high school, he is better suited at corner at the next level? I trust the evals but I literally don’t understand what I am not seeing. Appreciate any insight on this.

Advertisement
I ask this question as someone who admits my lack of understanding on this subject.

Why does Stanford project as a defensive player? Watching his receiver highlights he looks great to my untrained eye. He has speed, catches with his hands, is very hard to bring down, is very good with the ballin his hands and is an excellent blocker.

What do you and the UM coaches see that tells you that for all his success at WR in high school, he is better suited at corner at the next level? I trust the evals but I literally don’t understand what I am not seeing. Appreciate any insight on this.
I think it might just be numbers with so many WR targets and him being one of the best DB targets but probably gets lost in the wash at WR.

Advertisement
Gaby and Ivins throwing in the CB

Animated GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back