4 spots left, who gets them?

Advertisement
lol no. I'm the glass half full guy around here. I am talking about some top UF recruits wanting out and reopening their recruitment if Mullen isn't there (Marshall, Sapp are the two names that come to mind that I want in our class the most).

Hypothetically, let's say Herman gets canned at UT, Meyer turns down job, and Mullen gets 6-7 mil to go to Texas. First that would be great if it happens before the Orange Bowl and the UF squad is flat because their HC has decided to leave. Second, a 10 win Miami team is going to look pretty good to a lot of recruits. Third, I don't know who UF would replace Mullen with. I hear Willie Taggart might be available. It would be weird but maybe they'd swap coaches with Texas and get Herman? Kiffin would be my dark horse candidate. I'd be sad if they went after Cristobal because it would pain me to see him wearing UF colors.
I think Herman is getting dumped regardless. My Texas buddy seems to think so. Nobody likes him. Tom is an extremely unlikable guy apparently.

He'd be an idiot to leave for Texas??! I don't think he's ever going to get past Saban in the SEC. He could punch his ticket the Big 12 title game every year at Texas. Also my salary numbers were off. He already makes 6 mil at UF. I'd guess he'd ask for at least 10 mil+ at Texas (if they want to pay Urban 20 mil, they can do 10 mil for their #2 guy). No way UF could match that.
He’s also not gonna consistently get passed Georgia. The only reason they won that game this year is because Georgia had a walk on playing QB. UGA out recruits them every year and had Daniels been playing this year they would have beaten UFs best team under Mullen which would have been four years in a row.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back