4* S Jahvante Royal offered.

Advertisement
Its a message board

not that serious
I don’t take it seriously. If people wanna be stupid and act like a prick I’ll be a **** to them. It’s all in good fun. Not like I care what people think about me. I know a lot of people here hate me.

Advertisement
I like the offer a lot.

He's a 4-star S that committed to Pitt because he wasn't really recruited by any major schools coming into this season being that he's really only recently started played DB just last year. He was originally a WR.

He's got a good long armed frame & solid speed/quickness. His coverage skills are raw, still learning how to play DB, that'll take time but he's got good upside as a taller corner prospect.

What I like most is that we're not just sitting on our thumbs at CB, I been saying for awhile now we're going to continue to recruit other DB's all year long because being that we landed Christian Williams last year in Jan there's always going to be prospects that come available throughout the year.

Pitt has actually recruited underrated South Fla players pretty well these last few classes, so we should do to them what the SEC powers always do to us & swoope down on'em.

Unless this kid is just hellbent on playing for Pitt we should get the flip if we apply the pressure, there's not a single thing that program offers that we can't out-recruit or outmatch.

Precisely why I wasn't trippin if Daran Branch doesn't stick in this class, we can find other DB's even if they're currently committed to someone else. ****, I would still keep trying to see if we can't plant the seeds of destruction in Jalen Harrell's head, even though he really likes FSU & seems locked in heavy, once they start losing again & that seat gets hotter for Taggart, he may start looking around... You never know.
@Liberty City El
What is your opinion of Harrell as a prospect? The board seems to be split. Personally I haven't seen much of him so I'm not in position to give an informed opinion either way.

Harrell and Royal are similar prospects imo...Both big kids that I would be surprised (pleasantly) if they can stay at corner.

@Liberty City El
What is your opinion of Harrell as a prospect? The board seems to be split. Personally I haven't seen much of him so I'm not in position to give an informed opinion either way.
I think he's a good prospect, but I also think he's fairly overrated to be ranked so high, his rating is pretty much based on his measurables & the school he's committed to more than anything.

He's a tall big physical corner that can tackle, he's not crazy fast though, his technique needs work, he's a bit more of a reactor than an attacker of the ball. What I mean by that is he's a CB that doesn't have quick diagnosis ability when the ball is in the air, he doesn't have great anticipation. I would def take him if we could flip him, but he looks to be more of an upside 4-star than an actually 4-star.

I think he's a good prospect, but I also think he's fairly overrated to be ranked so high, his rating is pretty much based on his measurables & the school he's committed to more than anything.

He's a tall big physical corner that can tackle, he's not crazy fast though, his technique needs work, he's a bit more of a reactor than an attacker of the ball. What I mean by that is he's a CB that doesn't have quick diagnosis ability when the ball is in the air, he doesn't have great anticipation. I would def take him if we could flip him, but he looks to be more of an upside 4-star than an actually 4-star.

Seems like an essential trait for a lot of defensive positions (at least the back seven). A 4.8 guy that can diagnose quickly will get to the ball quicker than a 4.5 guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back