4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
I would take a look at Joshua Moore since they aren't interested in Ricky Pearsall. Moore had a down year last year but had 500 Yards 9TDs in 8 games in 2020, if the medicals check out it it's a quality option

He had some big games the last 2 years

5 for 73 3TDs against Texas Tech
8 for 83 1TD against Oklahoma
5 for 86 2TDs against Colorado
4 for 70 2TDs against Oklahoma
5 for 65 1TD against Baylor

Screenshot_2022-05-15-13-40-41-93_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Looks like my pm to you yesterday was right. I was hoping I was wrong but when UT and Miami wasn’t confident that only left Ole Miss. They snuck around the chicken coop lol. People kept acting like they wasn’t involved.

The funniest thing is what you said about their boards, “the fans didn’t even care or was even talking about it”.
he's not a program changer anyway imo

Listen.. I'm not playing the "he didn't sign with us so he sucks now" card (check my posts). But the guy led the nation in dropped passes in 2020, then missed all but 6 games last year. In 2020 he had more drops than Wiggins and Pope COMBINED.

Maybe he turned a corner in those 6 games. Idk. Fast or not though, everyone on this board would have hated hated HATED him if we replaced Wiggins and Pope with a guy who drops passes like they do.

We didn't dodge a bullet or anything like that because we absolutely need his speed. But he wasn't worth breaking the bank over. Is what it is.

Listen.. I'm not playing the "he didn't sign with us so he sucks now" card (check my posts). But the guy led the nation in dropped passes in 2020, then missed all but 6 games last year. In 2020 he had more drops than Wiggins and Pope COMBINED.

Maybe he turned a corner in those 6 games. Idk. Fast or not though, everyone on this board would have hated hated HATED him if we replaced Wiggins and Pope with a guy who drops passes like they do.

We didn't dodge a bullet or anything like that because we absolutely need his speed. But he wasn't worth breaking the bank over. Is what it is.
Beggars can't really be choosers. That said, there is enough currently on the roster between the backs, TE's and WR's where im not as concerned as some around these parts. It's not like anyone had Charleston Rambo breaking receiving records this time last year.

Advertisement
All jokes aside he’s a low risk high reward player. Last year it looked like the light finally came on, he finished the season strong. Plus hes big , physical and has good speed.

Take him and maybe the grad transfer. Just a thought.
Sooooo Z was right? JK, but that’s exactly how I would approached it from the beginning. TVD is good enough to elevate a WR by committee group. Focus on running the ball and protecting TVD with that kid Emmanuel then find a grad transfer Edge rusher and call it a day.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I don’t know the stats like you do. But was he targeted a lot more than Pope or Wiggins? Because I know the issue with Pope/Wiggins was that when we did target them they dropped it and they stopped going to them. But the Pope and Wiggins issue goes back even in practice.
Pope was dropping passes literally wide open in the flats. No one within ten yards of him. Multiple times.

He looked like a Harley replacement to me - quick, rather than fast.

If receiver is our biggest worry at this stage of the year, I couldn’t be happier with the way Mario has started his Miami tenure. Sure we didn’t get a game-breaker at the position but there’s plenty talent and potential in that room, which is more than can be said about a couple other positions when Mario arrived.

I can guarantee Gattis’ offensive mind that got him to win the Broyles award last year and TVD’s quarterbacking will elevate our WRs regardless of if there is a “proven guy” there or not.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back