4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
The issue was we waited too long to prioritize WR from the portal. Maybe they thought the unit was much improved before that poor spring game showing but we should have been after another because Ladson isn’t stepping up it seems to his HS 5 star status.
No. The issue is we aren’t going to overpay for ‘okay/good’ players. Other than Addison, Zay was the closest thing to a game changer that was available and, just like with Worthy and it sounds like Flash, a school (in this case Ole Miss) severely overpaid him (his teammates) so you know what? Good for him, go get paid kid.

Advertisement
**** these WRs are going to need to step up... X, Mello, George and Keyshawn will need to have a big summer to prepare for the season. None of them looked really good in the spring game, X looked the best and I think he's a WR3. Its just one game though so you can't really take much from it. Based off what we seen last year I'm not sure any of them are even on a Mike Harley level but they are young and hopefully improved a lot since then. Hopefully our DBs are just really good because they were locking them up In the Spring game

Advertisement
No. The issue is we aren’t going to overpay for ‘okay/good’ players. Other than Addison, Zay was the closest thing to a game changer that was available and, just like with Worthy and it sounds like Flash, a school (in this case Ole Miss) severely overpaid him (his teammates) so you know what? Good for him, go get paid kid.

You obviously know 100x more than I do about what’s going on behind the scenes but what is overpaying nowadays anyway?

If TAMU gave every 5 star $1m before they take a snap and Addison is getting $2+m likely how much is overpaying?

Receivers want a spread offense.
I suggested in another thread that this is going to continue to be an issue.
I also said that we have to show on the field that we are committed to throwing the ball.
Micah Pittman still saying that “we say throw but the playbook is run”.
I guarantee you that we are not gonna get a commitment from any sofla elite kid until they see what we show on the field.

I could understand if we had a qb problem but we don’t. We are in an enviable position in the qb room even if tvd goes down.

They are negatively recruiting the Fck out of us on this. Don’t spin this into an nil decision. He went to ole miss to play in Kifffin’s offense no other reason.

Advertisement
Wait… so you are telling me a transfer WR, is going to play for an offensive guru who is pretty well known for passing the ball around, in the SEC… and made money…

I’m. *******. Stunned.

Y’all are god **** silly right now.

Go outside. Enjoy your Sunday. Have a light beer with your pinky up with @SWFLHurricane or a raw steak on the barbie with @brock😎

The issue was we waited too long to prioritize WR from the portal. Maybe they thought the unit was much improved before that poor spring game showing but we should have been after another because Ladson isn’t stepping up it seems to his HS 5 star status.
It’s not that they waited too long. It’s that coming in, the front seven was a clear #1 priority. Thanks Manny.

Advertisement
Agree we waited to long, there were a lot of good WRs in the portal who could of came here and made an impact right away. I'm sure we could of landed one of them if we tried

Jermaine Burton
Mario Williams
Isiah Neyor
Jacob Cowing
Taj Harris
Kobe Hudson
Kyren Lacy
Antwane Wells
Jordan Watkins
Tyler Harrell
Agiye Hall
Jake Bobo

Wait… so you are telling me a transfer WR, is going to play for an offensive guru who is pretty well known for passing the ball around, in the SEC… and made money…

I’m. *******. Stunned.

Y’all are god **** silly right now.

Go outside. Enjoy your Sunday. Have a light beer with your pinky up with @SWFLHurricane or a raw steak on the barbie with @brock😎

We could have hired an offensive guru if that’s the issue that will be held against us.

Agree we waited to long, there were a lot of good WRs in the portal who could of came here and made an impact right away.

Jermaine Burton
Mario Williams
Isiah Neyor
Jacob Cowing
Taj Harris
Kobe Hudson
Kyren Lacy
Antwane Wells
Jordan Watkins
Tyler Harrell
Agiye Hall
Jake Bobo
Most of the best of these went into the portal with destinations already in mind.

Advertisement
Back