4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Staff said he didn’t like how hard we practiced, so we are targeting Ned Flanders from Springfield instead. Staff is in love with that guy, he just hasn’t been found by anyone else yet.
****!!, I had to look him up. LOL My kids used to watch that cartoon show, that is how old I am.

Advertisement
Just move Malik to WR. Kid has that 4.4 speed we need. Just use him as a deep ball and bubble screen guy here and there. Not sure why we overcomplicate this, he isn't getting burn at CB this year.

Reminds me of Evidence Njoku in a way. 6'6 with freaky long arms and high jump ability. Not good enough to be every down WR? Ok totally fine. But would he be perfect for jump balls in the endzone? Literally born for that, never used once
I'm no expert but wouldn't teams just ask their DBs to press Malik anytime he's on the field to negate his speed? Also, I think it was LCE who pointed out that the offense Gattis runs is going to ask our receivers to do more with regards to route-running, which Malik doesn't have much experience with.

Last edited:
I'm not expert but wouldn't teams just ask their DBs to press Malik anytime he's on the field to negate his speed? Also, I think it was LCE who pointed out that the offense Gattis runs is going to ask our receivers to do more with regards to route-running, which Malik doesn't have much experience with.
I’m sure they would but you can make it harder to press him by having him line up off the LOS, sending him in motion and of course teaching him how to get off press coverage.

Advertisement
Yikes. Ole Miss either bagged up huge or teams are just negative recruiting the **** out of Mario and Gattis' offense (I'm sure they are). Miami needs to sling the rock and put that **** to bed for the 2023 WR class and beyond.
It'll always boggle my mind how a kid can spend a weekend in Miami then decide he wants to live in f'n Oxford, MS, but to I guess he would have his reasons. I like him but he's not a program changer. Breshard can be what he is. Still don't know why we're ruling him out after one vague Gaby tweet though.

It'll always boggle my mind how a kid can spend a weekend in Miami then decide he wants to live in f'n Oxford, MS, but to I guess he would have his reasons. I like him but he's not a program changer. Breshard can be what he is. Still don't know why we're ruling him out after one vague Gaby tweet though.
SEC Bro!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kind of had a bad feeling when ruiz is quite on twitter lol
I said coming in Miami wouldn’t be the highest bidder and wouldn’t overspend. That was the first day I brought him up.

I keep telling people here don’t believe the “ Miami is spending like drunken sailors“ by clueless media. There’s no way you spend what this kid wants just because you’re running out of options. He’s a nice player but lets be real.

I told a handful of people last night in pm to watch Ole Miss. Tennessee gave their best offer and Miamis remained the same from the rip. So Ole Miss jumped in and beat UT‘s money. Neither Miami orUT was confident last night.

There's still a chance at a wr being added but pickings are getting slim.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I said coming in Miami wouldn’t be the highest bidder and wouldn’t overspend. That was the first day I brought him up.

I keep telling people here don’t believe the “ Miami is spending like drunken sailors“ by clueless media. There’s no way you spend what this kid wants just because you’re running out of options. He’s a nice player but lets be real.

I told a handful of people last night in pm to watch Ole Miss. Tennessee gave their best offer and Miamis remained the same from the rip. So Ole Miss jumped in and beat UT‘s money. Neither Miami and UT was confident last night.
Are we going to see a pick up in HS recruiting within the next month or so? I understand top guys usually wait and NIL can prolong this further but I see plenty of four stars committed elsewhere.

Major League Baseball Sport GIF by Baltimore Orioles

I could spend a year at the Grove (not Coconut) for 500k a year and being told I'm the next Elijah Moore

Advertisement
Back