4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

First off Its not like this has been going on for months and weeks. Spring just ended and the staff focused on multiple positions that needed upgraded. Wr was the last spot and there’s multiple kids looking around. Using other schools for negotiations, including their current school. I said all week wr would come down to the wire.

It’s not indecisive if you’re making a pretty quick decision while the clock is ticking while having to negotiate. It’s kinda complicated.
For **** sake Cribby you mean to tell me this **** will drag on into Tuesday Evening?
Wait What GIF by AsmodeeGames

Advertisement
Please don’t ask a WR recruit if they would rather play in Lincoln Riley’s offense vs Gattis.

Next your going say well he should come here because of the weather… like LA isn’t 75 and sunny year round..

USC provides everything that Miami can the only difference is it being on the West Coast. I don’t see Addison picking Miami. It’s USC or bust for him.
If they had a QB that was better than TVD this year I would agree…but they don’t. Caleb Williams will look to make more plays w his feet rather than go thru progressions which will adversely affect JA’s targets and touches.

I also think NIL bags will be matched and won’t be a needle moving factor since he’ll get his ask price wherever he goes. It’s a matter of who can increase his draft stock the most wherever he goes as a one year contract mercenary.

I found it hilarious how Addison enters the portal and in a few hrs is in Las Vegas.
Maybe today there will be names that are gonna be surprising and they wanted to get the **** out of dodge and not face all the heat from the fans, teammates, and coaches.

Seeing a lot of x from Leeds. Guess there’s still a shot at adding a wr
"It ain't over til it's over" ... portal is still alive so there is always a chance and you can be SURE that Mario Cristobal and his Portal Analyst are not getting any rest until it IS actually shut down. I would EXPECT that there are a couple of backup options if the "elite" options didn't pan out. Fingers crossed at least ... and will continue checking this thread every 15 minutes for the next few days until it is confirmed to be "over".

Advertisement
"It ain't over til it's over" ... portal is still alive so there is always a chance and you can be SURE that Mario Cristobal and his Portal Analyst are not getting any rest until it IS actually shut down. I would EXPECT that there are a couple of backup options if the "elite" options didn't pan out. Fingers crossed at least ... and will continue checking this thread every 15 minutes for the next few days until it is confirmed to be "over".
DA1A27C5-0F40-4F94-BD76-268481E82F4B.gif

Advertisement
On campus stadium??....where you putting it??....The entire UM campus is only 210 acres.....Absolutely Nowhere to put a 50,000+ seat stadium on campus whatsoever.....and if you think the City of Coral Gables would remotely let that happen (even if we had room) you can forget about it. Coral Gables couldn't care less about UM.....Never has...the traffic that an on campus stadium at UM (even if we remotely had room) would cause Historical damage to the entire infrastructure of the Gables.
Option 1: Start buying property next to the campus. Lots of houses. Very expensive, and politically infeasible

Option 2: Drain Lake Osceola and put it there. Ugly, and what does one do with the alligators, crocodiles, manatees, tarpon, barracuda, and foul tempered ducks?

Option 3: Hecht and Stanford are being closed down, right? Those brutalist dorms were pretty sturdy. I say we put the new stadium ON TOP of the towers. If it can work with Legos, it can work in real life.

You have either never been to Coral Gables and our campus or you're just trolling.
More seriously, I’d almost prefer to wait for the Marlins franchise to move out of Miami. Then take that stadium, tear it down, and rebuild THE ORANGE BOWL. And buy one original seat for the old OB from a fan and install it somewhere in the structure, so that you can say it’s really just a renovation of the original building (Ship of Thesus style).

I found it hilarious how Addison enters the portal and in a few hrs is in Las Vegas.
Maybe today there will be names that are gonna be surprising and they wanted to get the **** out of dodge and not face all the heat from the fans, teammates, and coaches.
Quick question…he as to be in the portal today, right? But a college has 48 hours to put him in the portal upon notification, right? What if Pitt’s compliance department just slow walks putting him in so that he misses the deadline?

Advertisement
At the end of the day today is it. We’re making this way too dramatic lol. To me it should be pretty obvious compliance needs paperwork to start process. I’ve discussed this last year with TS. Its also been repeated 100 times the last week. I edited it for those who haven’t read this those 100 times lol.

You just don’t wake up and say “ im declaring to enter the portal like Michael Scott declared bankruptcy lol.

This is one of your funniest posts ever Cribs. I’m dying lol. Cause it’s true.

Option 1: Start buying property next to the campus. Lots of houses. Very expensive, and politically infeasible

Option 2: Drain Lake Osceola and put it there. Ugly, and what does one do with the alligators, crocodiles, manatees, tarpon, barracuda, and foul tempered ducks?

Option 3: Hecht and Stanford are being closed down, right? Those brutalist dorms were pretty sturdy. I say we put the new stadium ON TOP of the towers. If it can work with Legos, it can work in real life.
I'm hearing profound rumors that the whole campus will be fused into an arcology.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF by Leroy Patterson

Advertisement
Wait! So we have until tonight to file paperwork to the portal for an on campus stadium?

We are ******!

I am sorry but plan three is preposterous! A giant hurricane would blow the stadium away. Furthermore, what if a student was studying inside the towers, below the stadium during game day. It would be way too loud.

Advertisement
Back