4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

I’m not the person you asked but let me give this a crack.

There are players in the portal now and players who are considering hitting the portal before the May 1 deadline. Rest assured Miami has feelers out to some key targets both in and out of the portal as of now. Anything is possible and I do expect a move at WR before the fall camp starts. Remember that the player has to be In The portal by May 1 but as long as they register for classes before that schools deadline they will be eligible for this season.
If any of the names I’m hearing pop you will be very excited. I can’t say names now for obvious reasons but Addison proves nothing Is off the table.

That’s a very Gaby-esque post

Advertisement
We have options and things on the Addison front are not as open and shut as they appeared last night. Turns out facts do get in the way of your carefully orchestrated tampering. Miami likes some of the options in the portal and those that have expressed to other players their interest in possibly entering but today is very crucial as almost assuredly this is the make of break of this particular part of the cycle. Desperation makes many teams do things so today should be fun, if nothing else. We are in good hands and the staff wants a WR1 for this season, that’s priority one.
Some clarification - and sorry if this has already been asked/answered - do they have until first to pick a destination or just enter the portal? If the latter, couldn't kids just put their name in tomorrow and then see what their options are including going back to their school (I realize their school would have to accept them, but if it is a good player most schools likely won't have the luxury of not letting them back).

Some clarification - and sorry if this has already been asked/answered - to they have until first to pick a destination or just enter the portal? If the latter, couldn't kids just put their name in tomorrow and then see what their options are including going back to their school (I realize their school would have to accept them, but if it is a good player most schools likely won't have the luxury of not letting them back).

Just have to enter the portal by 5/1, not pick destination.

The other is kinda like the I Walker situation with UF, not living up to the deal so he’s looking. His school is getting that rep.
As in there were agreements made during recruiting to take care of him and they are not?

Advertisement
Just have to enter the portal by 5/1, not pick destination.
So realistically this could still play on for a while. Anyone know if there is a cutoff for when they have to pick a school/enroll? Is it just the standard before the season begins?

So realistically this could still play on for a while. Anyone know if there is a cutoff for when they have to pick a school/enroll? Is it just the standard before the season begins?

Not sure on cutoff for picking school. If I had to guess, probably have to make one of the summer deadlines for classes beginning but again that’s just a guess.

Have to make a decision before enrollment for the next semester at the school they elect. Believe for UM that is sometime in mid May.

Not sure on cutoff for picking school. If I had to guess, probably have to make one of the summer deadlines for classes beginning but again that’s just a guess.

Have to make a decision before enrollment for the next semester at the school they elect. Believe for UM that is sometime in mid May.

I imagine that next year we will see smaller periods to enter the portal and then make a decision to try to minimize the windows of chaos

Advertisement
I love the portal and NIL. It has turned college football to almost a year round sport.

Narduzzi going so vocal about tampering is obviously a desperate move, but the only one he could play. It's an emotional tug for Addison, plus maybe it scares him into staying or going anywhere else. I think Narduzzi would be fine with that because at this point he just wants to ***** USC for taking his guy.

The tax thing I don't buy that much. If you make enough it shouldn't be an issue. Especially for a college kid who would still have over a million bucks in his pocket, living on a place like LA and likely sharing an apartment or a house with other players. It's not a bad place to be for a college kid waiting to a year or so to get to the NFL. He can worry about finances in a year or two. Hopefully all this noise about tampering gives us a shot, or one of our other options pops. Either way, it adds more excitement to the sport.

When you accept that most will do anything to win, you'll realize nobody gets to the top by being squeaky clean. Very few are nice guys, they're win first and if you can help them do it, you're golden. You can't, they'll toss you to the side and get someone who can. I don't have a problem with that, that's their job. I might not like it in some cases, but it's the nature of the beast that is a business, dressed as sport.

Dabo, unlike most I like the guy because he's a players coach, will realize he's gotta get with the times. Like Coach K, it'll be time to change it up if you want to stay at the top.
I know all of this. I just think it’s hilarious that Sabag tries to play the morally superior card with the media, and then does the exact opposite.

He did the same thing a few years ago when he tried to get the offensive rules changed because spread teams with talent were giving his teams problems, but then went to the spread himself.

All I’m saying is, most people know he’s an *******, so just be an *******.

Jimmy Johnson was hated by many, but he told it how it was. He never tried to say one thing and do another. I’ve always had great respect for him. He admitted that he treated all players differently, and when asked why he “ran up the score”, would unabashedly say that if the other team didn’t want to get scored on, then stop our offense.

Howard was very similar. He said what he said, and meant it.

Sabag is all double speak. Says one thing and does another. Has always been that way.

Advertisement
You can have best of both worlds but I can’t want best of both worlds in the Transfer Portal.

K.
Feel free to contribute to an NIL then. Telling the Mas brother how to invest their billions is loser talk especially after everything thing they have done for this program to be in its current position. Plus, to discredit a potential stadium deal that could pay dividends for this program long term. But no bro, ND game bro, we don’t need stadium, bro.

Wonder if one of them is Marcus Rosemy
That's who I thought of too...especially when you consider Cribby's tidbit regarding a WR who hasn't lived up to expectations but it was becoming a norm at that program.

If there's a program where WR's go to die right now, it's UGA simply based off how the offense is tailored. ****, how bad does it have to be if your #1 WR is willing to bounce to the team you beat in the Natty?

There are players in the portal now and players who are considering hitting the portal before the May 1 deadline. Rest assured Miami has feelers out to some key targets both in and out of the portal as of now. Anything is possible and I do expect a move at WR before the fall camp starts. Remember that the player has to be In The portal by May 1 but as long as they register for classes before that schools deadline they will be eligible for this season.
If any of the names I’m hearing pop you will be very excited. I can’t say names now for obvious reasons but Addison proves nothing Is off the table.
38689BC5-AF3E-41B3-804B-2A94F8505064.gif

That’s a very Gaby-esque post
8CD86A10-DA59-44C1-971A-07646AB3A367.gif

Advertisement

1651340621764.png

Wonder if one of them is Marcus Rosemy

I remember him jumping on that UGA offer as soon as he got it and getting a huge bump because of that but I thought he was considered more of a big body physical presence type as opposed to a take the top off. I honestly don’t remember and never paid much attention to him because I knew we didn’t stand a chance. I guess my question is, is he any faster than Brinson/George? I know he hasn’t played much either mainly due to injury.

I remember him jumping on that UGA offer as soon as he got it and getting a huge bump because of that but I thought he was considered more of a big body physical presence type as opposed to a take the top off. I honestly don’t remember and never paid much attention to him because I knew we didn’t stand a chance. I guess my question is, is he any faster than Brinson/George? I know he hasn’t played much either mainly due to injury.
Think slower Jacorey Brooks.

Advertisement
Back