4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
Zay Flowers played at Boston College where they threw him screen passes 70% of the time bc he was the only offensive weapon on the team. He would be a great addition but not at the expense of losing Brashard Smith who is a better talent and overall athlete. I would trade Zay for Keyshawn or Worsham that’s about it. It would be crazy to lose Brashard over a one year rental that’s not a 1st or 2nd round draft pick.

My guy. You were doing so well for a while there…..

I can’t believe this is a real debate. One dude has done it, the other dude we’re hoping will do it and he didn’t even end the spring as a starter going into Year 2.
Welcome to CIS, where guys who have logged minimal snaps are now 1st-Team All Potential Americans and we shun the established studs because they attend inferior football Universities. Fits right alongside the Greentree All-American theory.

Same people that didn’t want Rambo because we’ve got Keshawn and Redding and the Three Amigos broooo, develop your youth.

What the actual f^ck 😂 if Zay was even an option, he’s putting up 1000+ and 10 TDs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Baba Yaga: Put the booty pics on layaway. For those youngsters, layaway is when you put a deposit on something you could not afford, come back every month to pay a little bit more, until Christmas when it was all paid off you can get the booty. This was way before the credit card when you had to pay cash, just like the corner bookie with the numbers, cash only. Brought me back to my old days in NYC and the Macy's layaway plan. For those that lived in NYC, remember Shoprite and their coupon books? With every purchase, they would give you stamps and once you filed up the stamp book you can get a couple six pacs of beer or Ripple. Tells you how old I am. LOL.
We had S&H Green Stamps down here in FL.
images.jpeg

Last edited:
Zay Flowers played at Boston College where they threw him screen passes 70% of the time bc he was the only offensive weapon on the team. He would be a great addition but not at the expense of losing Brashard Smith who is a better talent and overall athlete. I would trade Zay for Keyshawn or Worsham that’s about it. It would be crazy to lose Brashard over a one year rental that’s not a 1st or 2nd round draft pick.

Why would we lose Brashard? Where did this narrative come from?

Advertisement
we got talented guys, coach them up, they were all highly recruited : either way I think our OC will emphasize the RB & TE in the passing game

Why would we lose Brashard? Where did this narrative come from?
There are individuals who believe if we bring in a better, more proven college player, the younger ones (who may have more potential) will throw a hissy fit and leave. Maybe they will - but then that means they either:

1. couldn't beat out said transfer
2. Didn't want to compete with said transfer

I'm not even saying Zay is coming, or that Smith is leaving...I just don't get the scorching hot take that we'd rather roll with unproven talent than a bonafide playmaker with the vertical speed we're lacking. Gone are the days where we care about players' feelings and beg them not to leave; you bring in the best talent possible at any given moment at any given position.

That's how the big boys do it. Time to get used to it.

Advertisement
Only on this board would people yawn over a first-team All-ACC receiver with 14 TDs scored in his first 2 seasons because we have a kid on the roster who has 14 career catches under his belt, more than a third of which came against a team we beat 69-0. Glad to know the weed in Miami is still fantastic.
Bruh…..

Advertisement
There are individuals who believe if we bring in a better, more proven college player, the younger ones will throw a hissy fit and leave. Maybe they will - but then that means they either:

1. couldn't beat out said transfer
2. Didn't want to compete with said transfer

I'm not even saying Zay is coming, or that Smith is leaving...I just don't get the scorching hot take that we'd rather roll with unproven talent that a bonafide playmaker with the vertical speed we're lacking. Gone are the days where we care about players' feelings and beg them not to leave; you bring in the best talent possible at any given moment at any given position.

That's how the big boys do it. Time to get used to it.

I get that and I agree but I don't get why picked Smith and not another unproven receiver like Worsham. Worsham would make a lot more sense to be to one to go in that scenario.

I get that and I agree but I don't get why picked Smith and not another unproven receiver like Worsham. Worsham would make a lot more sense to be to one to go in that scenario.
Oh for sure - there's absolutely no reason we can't have both. I'd rather keep B. Smith over someone like Redding or Worsham all day; I'm just assuming those two are reading the writing on the wall that they're not going to get many reps this season (especially if we bring in another WR).

I think the B. Smith debate ensued because someone mentioned they'd prefer him (as an example) over Zay; others vehemently disagreed based on something as simple as their college stats to date. Doesn't mean we can't have both - but when you start considering the mouths that will need to be fed...

- Restrepo
- Keshawn
- George
- Brinson
- B. Smith
- Ladson
- Another transfer WR

Someone is going to be left out; I think the board gravitated towards B. Smith.

Advertisement
Back