4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
Yes. There are a few in play. You’ll know soon but that’s all I can say right now.

200.gif

Advertisement
So we have offensive tackles in play and potentially WRs in play. @LeedsCane any good news on the LB front?
Obviously we are trying to get Gentry down for an OV but to my knowledge the two names we are waiting on to enter the portal at LB are the only ones we would consider taking outside him as of today. Goes without saying that these guys aren’t backup caliber, they would start.

Advertisement
Any WRs in the portal now that would start day 1?
Deion Smith from LSU has elite talent. Other than that I don't see a reason to get anyone else currently in the portal.

There's more than a handful of 4* receivers on the roster currently. Personally I'd rather see Gattis earn his paycheck and develop who he has in the room. Unless of course an all conference caliber kid comes available and interested in UM

Deion Smith from LSU has elite talent. Other than that I don't see a reason to get anyone else currently in the portal.

There's more than a handful of 4* receivers on the roster currently. Personally I'd rather see Gattis earn his paycheck and develop who he has in the room. Unless of course an all conference caliber kid comes available and interested in UM
Any chance we are after him?

Advertisement
Any chance we are after him?
The issue with Deion Smith has been grades...

He was supposed to headed back home to Ole Miss like 2 months ago, but the holdup has been an admissions issue.

Ole Miss still expects for him to be a late add for them, but they already took Malik Heath, Jordan Watkins & are the current favorites to get Jaylon Robinson as of now from the Portal, so they’ve kinda recruited around him for insurance in case he’s not able to be enrolled with them.

It’s unclear where things stand with him overall, but if he can get eligible for the upcoming season he’s going to Ole Miss.

Advertisement

Although, he’s not the speedster that we’re really looking for, he’s more of a savvy vet possession WR.

And as of last week, Ole Miss was actually recruiting him too lol

We want more explosiveness & playmaking.

Gattis should be able to develop around not needing a kid of this caliber to come in and save the room. He's a fine player, but I just don't see how he moves the needle much. I'd rather go heavy 2 rb or te formations unless Mallory is dealing with nagging injuries.

Advertisement
Back