$4 Million Per Year

Advertisement
There is not a single coach we have a legit chance to land that is worth 4 mil per year.

If they are willing to spend that much, that hopefully would eliminate Cristobal because they wouldn't pay him anywhere near that. Unfortunately, I could still see them offering Chud or Schiano that type of money (or close to it).

I'm calling Patterson and D'Antonio, I'll tell you that. All they can do is say no.

Advertisement
Well at least it sounds like the U is FINALLY getting serious about the football program. Only took 15 years but better late than never I guess. No way I pay a guy like Schiano, Chud or Cristobal that kind of money. Maybe that's what Hue Jackson costs and, if so, I'd be fine with that. Butch wouldn't ever ask for that much money as he would likely want more money for a high powered staff. No way Herman or Fuente commands that kind of raise at this point. So, who are they targeting with $4 million per year besides potentially Hue Jackson? Or are they putting that number out there for current coaches to call them for the job? Call me encouraged and confused by that salary amount.

if we can offer 4 mil, then we can go and get legit guys. Gary Patterson, Chris Petersen....these guys don't make 4 mil.

Advertisement
manny, barry, and reynolds were all caught off guard by the firing. now they have sources that say people in BOT laugh at Butch?
at the same time, matt porter was the one who got it right and he says butch is under consideration.

Advertisement
Chud would cost 2.5 mil.

Butch would cost 1.5 - 2 mil but might take less. He really wants job.

Schiano has a huge ego and probably would not do it for less than 3 mil.

Advertisement
Why spend four million on anyone other than Top Sirloin when Butch will work for 2.5 and you'll have money left over for top-flight assistants?

if we can offer 4 mil, then we can go and get legit guys. Gary Patterson, Chris Petersen....these guys don't make 4 mil.

You don't pay them 4m a year, but you might pay over 4m for the entire staff as a whole. Factor that into the conversation.

I've always maintained that we have the money to spend, we just weren't willing to spend it. We were the sole reason the Big East existed in football. We put hundreds of millions of dollars into the ACC just by being invited and getting the football contracts to much higher levels. Adidas just broke the bank to sign us for exclusivity.

UM football is a money maker and don't ever let anybody tell you differently.

You don't pay them 4m a year, but you might pay over 4m for the entire staff as a whole. Factor that into the conversation.

I've always maintained that we have the money to spend, we just weren't willing to spend it. We were the sole reason the Big East existed in football. We put hundreds of millions of dollars into the ACC just by being invited and getting the football contracts to much higher levels. Adidas just broke the bank to sign us for exclusivity.

UM football is a money maker and don't ever let anybody tell you differently.

Correct sir.

Advertisement
Back