4 Canes invited to combine

Advertisement
Advertisement
King
Rambo
Ford
Bolden
This number needs to he higher every year from here on under Mario. Top teams have 6-8 each year. My thoughts on our guys:
  • King: What's his position in the league? He's a very bright kid and good leader but I'm not sure he gets drafted or makes a team. He's 24, undersized, and has some major injuries in his history. Rooting for King but feels like he will get into coaching sooner rather than later.
  • Rambo: Not many have raised their draft stock more year over year than Rambo. Should test really well at the combine (assuming he catches the ball well) and the tape backs it up. Would love to see him be paired with a young QB like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, etc. My guess is a round 4-6 draft pick.
  • Ford: Pumped he got invited! Hard to find guys with his size who can play. Probably a late draft pick but he hope he gets a chance.
  • Bolden: The biggest question mark that we are sending to the combine/draft. Some of his tape screams round 2 but then some screams round 7. He needs to get healthy and try to bulk up a bit. Bubba is an enigma but I think could be a player for a long time if he gets in the right scheme.

King getting ready

1644431229916.jpeg

Advertisement
This number needs to he higher every year from here on under Mario. Top teams have 6-8 each year. My thoughts on our guys:
  • King: What's his position in the league? He's a very bright kid and good leader but I'm not sure he gets drafted or makes a team. He's 24, undersized, and has some major injuries in his history. Rooting for King but feels like he will get into coaching sooner rather than later.
  • Rambo: Not many have raised their draft stock more year over year than Rambo. Should test really well at the combine (assuming he catches the ball well) and the tape backs it up. Would love to see him be paired with a young QB like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, etc. My guess is a round 4-6 draft pick.
  • Ford: Pumped he got invited! Hard to find guys with his size who can play. Probably a late draft pick but he hope he gets a chance.
  • Bolden: The biggest question mark that we are sending to the combine/draft. Some of his tape screams round 2 but then some screams round 7. He needs to get healthy and try to bulk up a bit. Bubba is an enigma but I think could be a player for a long time if he gets in the right scheme.
Agreed on King but he has to give it a shot

Rambo & Cam are the two highest rated NFL prospect . . . and only two in list of 300-plus players.

King is a "winner" and is tough. He has decent speed and is very elusive. I think he could become Quan Bolden* 2.0 if he is willing to give up the QB dream and proves he has good hands.

*Bolden was the greatest high school football player I have seen in person. When he played QB at Pahokee they went to the state championship game-and lost. In the post-game interview the winning head coach did not want to talk about his team. He only wanted to talk about Bolden. He said something like, "We have been blessed to play against a future hall of famer!"

I don't think King's age is a factor. Except for most starters, the NFL is all about getting 4 years out of you while under a cheap rookie contract and then letting you go. 22-26 or 24-28 doesn't really matter.

Advertisement
Love King and his leadership qualities etc...if he were a few feet taller he'd be a surefire backup QB for 10+ years and then immediately transition into coaching. However, his backup plan and most likely path is that he winds up as a coach and eventual mulit-millionaire for the next 30 years. Not too bad of an alternative right?

Rambo has shown the ability to IMPROVE and that says a lot to NFL scouts. He needs to be on a team built to win-now and also has a solid QB situation to really see his impact. I'd love to see him on my Dallas Cowboys seeing that we will have to pay Gallup and CeeDee in the not so distant future....Obviously you pay CeeDee but IMO you let Gallup walk and bring in a guy like Rambo in the 3rd or 4th round and see how he competes. At any rate, if Rambo keeps his nose clean and stays healthy, at worse, he'll be a 10 year NFL guy.

John Ford is the wildcard of this group. He could be a guy that explodes with NFL coaching and becomes an NFL starter or he could be a guy that winds up on practice squads for 2 or 3 years and eventually disappears off the face of the NFL earth......

Bolden will find a place and if healthy, he's at worse a backup level safety in the NFL for multiple years.

Advertisement
Just picked up Rambo this morning off practice squad in my Madden franchise.

/I'm sure nobody's gives ****

I'm kind of bummed McCloud didn't get an invite. I still think he can stick somewhere as an edge rusher, at least on a practice squad or something. Longtime, standup Cane.
I think he will stick somewhere for a little bit. Also our prodays are some of the more well attended prodays around, there will be plenty of eyes out there for someone to make an impression.

Advertisement
Back