4 Canes invited to combine

3 of the 4 are portal guys. Smh

Surprised Harley didn’t get invited??
Is that a rhetorical question? Anyone surprised he didn't get invited just doesn't understand what they were watching. Our record books have become a joke between him and rosier. Two people that have benefitted the most from handoffs essentially. One "throwing" them while the other was "catching" them. Only difference between Harley,pope and Wiggins is Harley didn't quit

Advertisement
Is that a rhetorical question? Anyone surprised he didn't get invited just doesn't understand what they were watching. Our record books have become a joke between him and rosier. Two people that have benefitted the most from handoffs essentially. One "throwing" them while the other was "catching" them. Only difference between Harley,pope and Wiggins is Harley didn't quit

I hear you but still, combines have invited/recognized guys with less accolades.

I hear you but still, combines have invited/recognized guys with less accolades.
Absolutely. When they are guys who's upside is perfectly clear. Any indication of that with Harley? How have you seen him perform when teams play physical with him? How are his hands in general? Suspect is my personal assessment. All that being said as a cane I'd love to see him succeed. He's got his work cut out for him though that's for sure.

King is a "winner" and is tough. He has decent speed and is very elusive. I think he could become Quan Bolden* 2.0 if he is willing to give up the QB dream and proves he has good hands.

*Bolden was the greatest high school football player I have seen in person. When he played QB at Pahokee they went to the state championship game-and lost. In the post-game interview the winning head coach did not want to talk about his team. He only wanted to talk about Bolden. He said something like, "We have been blessed to play against a future hall of famer!"
We all wish the best for Miami players going forward but this is a stretch

This number needs to he higher every year from here on under Mario. Top teams have 6-8 each year. My thoughts on our guys:
  • King: What's his position in the league? He's a very bright kid and good leader but I'm not sure he gets drafted or makes a team. He's 24, undersized, and has some major injuries in his history. Rooting for King but feels like he will get into coaching sooner rather than later.
  • Rambo: Not many have raised their draft stock more year over year than Rambo. Should test really well at the combine (assuming he catches the ball well) and the tape backs it up. Would love to see him be paired with a young QB like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, etc. My guess is a round 4-6 draft pick.
  • Ford: Pumped he got invited! Hard to find guys with his size who can play. Probably a late draft pick but he hope he gets a chance.
  • Bolden: The biggest question mark that we are sending to the combine/draft. Some of his tape screams round 2 but then some screams round 7. He needs to get healthy and try to bulk up a bit. Bubba is an enigma but I think could be a player for a long time if he gets in the right scheme.
Ford showed nothing in 4 years to prove he can play in the NFL.

Advertisement
Absolutely. When they are guys who's upside is perfectly clear. Any indication of that with Harley? How have you seen him perform when teams play physical with him? How are his hands in general? Suspect is my personal assessment. All that being said as a cane I'd love to see him succeed. He's got his work cut out for him though that's for sure.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not a Harley fan. To me he’s always been a WR3/WR4 kind of kid. He managed to turned his career around and he became a stat accumulator. I give him props for that and want that recognized for him. He is not suited for the next level bc of his skill set. Anyway, still rooting for the kid and hope he shows out at pro day

Figured Bolden was skipping the combine and proceeding directly to the NFL Draft green room after the guy on ESPN compared him favorably to Ed Reed.

I'm kind of bummed McCloud didn't get an invite. I still think he can stick somewhere as an edge rusher, at least on a practice squad or something. Longtime, standup Cane.

Not only that, he played shockingly well in the North South game at MLB. He may have been a Manny/Blake Baker casualty because no joke he looked like a different athlete out there, Kid definitely deserves a look from the league.

Another one is Jarrid Williams. I think he's better than we give him credit for and expect him to at least make a practice squad as an UFA. I'm smh that Ford got the call over these two. ... Bolden reallt wrecked his career by being so undisciplined and not grinding like he needed to. I still believe he had/has the raw talent to be a good one. But he disappeared.

Not only that, he played shockingly well in the North South game at MLB. He may have been a Manny/Blake Baker casualty because no joke he looked like a different athlete out there, Kid definitely deserves a look from the league.

Another one is Jarrid Williams. I think he's better than we give him credit for and expect him to at least make a practice squad as an UFA. I'm smh that Ford got the call over these two. ... Bolden reallt wrecked his career by being so undisciplined and not grinding like he needed to. I still believe he had/has the raw talent to be a good one. But he disappeared.
Disappeared is right. Ejected for targeting in the first half against Bama, and that's all I really remember about him last season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back