4/5/24 Game 30: Duke 15-14 L

The season ended when he took off his shirt.
The team after staring at Scanlon

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Yeah…I mean realistically JD is getting 1…prob 2 more years and he is selling this team is young. (Don’t really agree…but i guess our “talent” is young) So any bumps in the road for Cuvet, Robert, or even Cyr you sell as part of the process of growth and hope next year they take massive steps forward while you upgrade a few other spots.

And it is a big jump playing the left side at this level. Everything is hit harder, guys run faster, you are asked to cover more ground. So it is an adjustment. What was a routine throw you now have to get it and go. Cuvet is heavy footed though and prob built more for 1B.

Advertisement
what is emotional when your so called best player costing your team in mutiple games? also the same player that can't play 3B
This team is extremely shallow as it is. Cuvet has been a staple this year. Saying he should be pulled off the field because he’s slumping is emotional.

Who do you propose replacing him with?

Advertisement
There isn't we can't play eric fernandez. did he you see his last AB at ND
Eric Fernandez should transfer to Barry immediately. His father is already whining about his playing time. The same guy that pulled a gun on an opposing coach when he was coaching his son at Riviera Prep. If it's a package deal with that clown, he can't enter the portal fast enough.

Advertisement
30 games into JD era and I can say this team is as bad if not worse than the awful Morris teams that broke the streak and started the new streak.

This team has more talent but is also up there as one of the lowest IQ teams I’ve seen in a miami uniform…. And that’s saying a lot because we haven’t had a good fundamentally sound team since 2008…. But this team is at the Pinnacle of low iq

I would love to be able to point to some positives I have seen from this staff but I’ve seen none. I thought Gino was a terrible base running coach but what we’ve seen this year makes me second guess that a bit. Defensively we’ve been as bad as anyone for a long time and this year might be the worst I’ve seen.

Dark days here on the Ron Fraser board

Last edited:
30 games into JD era and I can say this team is as bad if not worse than the awful Morris teams that broke the streak and started the new streak.

This team has more talent but is also up there as one of the lowest IQ teams I’ve seen in a miami uniform…. And that’s saying a lot because we haven’t had a good fundamentally sound team since 2008…. But this team is at the Pinnacle of low iq

I would love to be able to point to some positives I have seen from this staff but I’ve seen none. I thought Gino was a terrible base running coach but what we’ve seen this year makes me second guess that a bit. Defensively we’ve been as bad as anyone for a long time and this year might be the worst I’ve seen.

Dark days here on the Ron Fraser board
For me, it’s all about the process. And I think the process we are seeing is absolute junk.

There have been some encouraging signs of development from some of the hitters, in my opinion.

I’ve liked what I’ve seen in the development of Rafe. Some of the young arms look like they’ll be building blocks.

It’s not completely devoid of anything, like FSU in their first year making a program hire, but I definitely see signs of the same process that failed under Morris at the end, and then under Gino.

The days of being a true contender look far away.

Advertisement
For me, it’s all about the process. And I think the process we are seeing is absolute junk.

There have been some encouraging signs of development from some of the hitters, in my opinion.

I’ve liked what I’ve seen in the development of Rafe. Some of the young arms look like they’ll be building blocks.

It’s not completely devoid of anything, like FSU in their first year making a program hire, but I definitely see signs of the same process that failed under Morris at the end, and then under Gino.

The days of being a true contender look far away.
JD had to carte blanche to hire a whole new staff- guys with pro experience. The've installed Trackman and other tech. He's got the upgraded field, the indoor training facility that his predecessors didn't have their whole tenure and he inherited another top 15 recruiting class. This wasn't a rebuild, it should have been a seamless transition and ultimately an improvement over last season. Yet Wicho keeps telling us what a great job he's doing.

JD had to carte blanche to hire a whole new staff- guys with pro experience. The've installed Trackman and other tech. He's got the upgraded field, the indoor training facility that his predecessors didn't have their whole tenure and he inherited another top 15 recruiting class. This wasn't a rebuild, it should have been a seamless transition and ultimately an improvement over last season. Yet Wicho keeps telling us what a great job he's doing.
It’s funny that the same people around the program that were telling us what a wonderful job Gino was doing are now peddling the young team/full rebuild talking points.

It’s funny that the same people around the program that were telling us what a wonderful job Gino was doing are now peddling the young team/full rebuild talking points.
Yep. Unless and until the powers that be (whoever that is) accept accountability and admit they've made mistakes, nothing will change. Stop treating our beloved baseball program like a good ole boys club, please, and check your egos at the door.

EVERY successful coach we have had in the three major sports has come from outside the programs.
Remains to be seen if Mario can break that mold, and at least he went and proved himself as a HC elsewhere first.

Advertisement
Back