4-2-5 Defense Vs Duke

our fan base is pure stupid.

we have these iidiots who keep repeating "4-3, speed, rush the passer hands on the ground!!!!"

"aggresive agressive!!!!"

when we get burned deep, tthey will blame the coach or scheme.

Nope, not at all. Most of us want an aggressive defense and will let our stud corners play man on the edge. How many deep balls did Duke hit even with the more aggressive defense? Not many...We also got a bunch of stops and stopped the big chunks because of the changes. I have no problem giving up a deep ball every once in a while if we can get stops more times than not. First you say Rosier is better than Kaaya, now you advocate for a conservative defense? Troll?

You act like Duke has elite athletes......

Our fanbase is really delusional.

When our defense is getting beat up, you blame the coaches.

If you watch the Duke game, you will see AQM getting beat up all game. IN fact, Clemson exposed AQM.

I could say the same thing about Chad Thomas as well. VS CLemson and Duke he was bullied around.

Don't believe me, watch the game.

I'm not bashing the players, but our fanbase is really overrating our players.

The only positive from the Duke game was less McCord. He is an AWFUL football player.

Advertisement

we have these iidiots who keep repeating "4-3, speed, rush the passer hands on the ground!!!!"

Nope, not at all. Most of us want an aggressive defense and will let our stud corners play man on the edge. How many deep balls did Duke hit even with the more aggressive defense? Not many...We also got a bunch of stops and stopped the big chunks because of the changes. I have no problem giving up a deep ball every once in a while if we can get stops more times than not. First you say Rosier is better than Kaaya, now you advocate for a conservative defense? Troll?

You act like Duke has elite athletes......

Our fanbase is really delusional.

When our defense is getting beat up, you blame the coaches.

If you watch the Duke game, you will see AQM getting beat up all game. IN fact, Clemson exposed AQM.

I could say the same thing about Chad Thomas as well. VS CLemson and Duke he was bullied around.

Don't believe me, watch the game.

I'm not bashing the players, but our fanbase is really overrating our players.

The only positive from the Duke game was less McCord. He is an AWFUL football player.
Not sure what you're ranting about. AQM had a sack against Duke and the front four had much more presence in terms of the pass rush. Our corners are top notch and played well. We won the game despite the terrible officiating. We have a bunch of injuries which is causing kids like Trent Harris and McCord to play LB instead of rush end to relieve Chad and AQM. Of course they didn't do well at the end, they were EXHAUSTED. We have very good, not great talent. The defense against Duke was much better and much more aggressive. The change from one week to the next was insane and that was on the coaching staff so we need to give them credit for letting the kids "cut loose." Al is gone, not sure why you're still defending him and his horrid defense. Don't you think it is the coaches duty to take a 5 star DE in Chad and a 4 star DE in AQM and make them into studs? Or should the players teach themselves moves and strategies for shedding blocks? No one is blaming the CURRENT coaches. Besides not getting the plays in time and getting a little conservative at the end with the pass rush and alignment, Scott and co. did a good job considering the circumstances.

LMFAO in '91 when we had our best D ever, we pressed and played straight up Cover 2, and dared people to go 4 verticals. Jammed WRs and got after it on the DL. Needless to say, we didn't get beat deep much, if at all.

I think carter will be in Ray Ray Armstrong's shoes, he will most likely play LB at the next level...

Advertisement
Not sure we have 3 healthy good lbs available so 4-2-5 might be good. Carter hits like a LB anyway. Butch gets here and big hard hitting safeties will be moving to LB anyway. Unless he finds another ST, who could play anywhere. Speed forward will again be the rule. I really think we have the DE for the 4-3 or 4-2.

That's all we've ever produced in South Florida highschools is 4-3 personnel, kids just don't grow big enough down here to play 34 defensive schemes and its why we don't use it in high school. Fattening kids up to play end or linebacker in a 34 makes no sense because they ultimately loose their speed and agility what made them so good in the first place.

Actually, when we started our great run, really under (Lou) Saban, we played exclusively 5-2, the old Okie defense. Our guys were all slow, it seemed. Even the '83 defense didn't have a lot of big guys, and we had a bunch of white LBs and flex DE's (like Tim Flanagan). Of course, we recruited a lot around the country.

I'll take JJ's opinion over yours. I guess the attacking defense is higher risk, but JJ felt it always made more big plays, which made up for the risk. Our best 4-3 defenses had amazing turnover ratios. Also interesting is that until the Clemson game, we led the nation in turnover ratio--did I hear that correctly? Our best defenses had amazing numbers of sacks, too. like over 50 in a season, I think. Of course, when that happened during the late '80's, early 90's, there were not as many mobile QBs, I think.

Not sure we have 3 healthy good lbs available so 4-2-5 might be good. Carter hits like a LB anyway. Butch gets here and big hard hitting safeties will be moving to LB anyway. Unless he finds another ST, who could play anywhere. Speed forward will again be the rule. I really think we have the DE for the 4-3 or 4-2.

That's all we've ever produced in South Florida highschools is 4-3 personnel, kids just don't grow big enough down here to play 34 defensive schemes and its why we don't use it in high school. Fattening kids up to play end or linebacker in a 34 makes no sense because they ultimately loose their speed and agility what made them so good in the first place.

Actually, when we started our great run, really under (Lou) Saban, we played exclusively 5-2, the old Okie defense. Our guys were all slow, it seemed. Even the '83 defense didn't have a lot of big guys, and we had a bunch of white LBs and flex DE's (like Tim Flanagan). Of course, we recruited a lot around the country.

You are right. Howard use 5-2 (little like the Dolphins 53 defense which was a 3-4 which had 10 white starters so not surprising.). His contribution was the pro offense. JJ brought in the 4-3 and with it came our combined dominance.

You aint neva' lied.. .. what makes it even worse is that fact that Al never understood this and did anything about it, even though a million people were telling him this on a regular basis. Mthafkca STILL never changed

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back